British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Ipswich Witches Pl Sun 19th August 2012 @4pm

Beautiful morning . We are due some rain later , but it doesn't seem to be as threatening to the meeting as what was forecast yesterday . So all systems go for what should be an interesting meeting . What was the problem with Taylor Poole at Workington last night ? Is he struggling for fitness after his long lay-off ?

Taylor has an average of 6.90 on coming back from injury and due to the experienced riders in the Witches team totally underperforming he found himself at no1. Taylor is a super lad who listens to advice and has a great future but a no1 he aint and should never have found himself there its a disgrace and his form has suffered accordingly.

Going to guess at tommy fenwick for the witches at reserve

Or tommy no-hope :rofl:

Some folk like this aljack are the terrace managers and know it all I would like to ask him does he know how long tommy has actually been doing speedway .and why he calls tommy no hope how about aljack getting on a bike and showing us all how a speedway bike is rode/ raced

• Like 2

Some folk like this aljack are the terrace managers and know it all I would like to ask him does he know how long tommy has actually been doing speedway .and why he calls tommy no hope how about aljack getting on a bike and showing us all how a speedway bike is rode/ raced

SawTommy at Berwick a few weeks impressed with his effort certainly gives 110%

• Like 2

Cos he hasn't got the brain or the bottle Sue. Much more cowardly to sit at the computer and slag the same old slag, time and time again, and show what a berk he really is.

• Like 2

Don't expect a reply, he's the bane (embarassment) of all genuine Witches fans.

• Like 4

Well done to the lad for giving it a go, apparently he only sat on a bike for the first time 10 months ago. The bigger question is, was he our best option? Maybe he was as i have not looked. I take it Taylor will be at reserve next month? Good luck to Glasgow in finding a cash injection.

What a pathetic comment, although I wouldn't expect anything else from a pathetic poster. I would imagine the rest of the Ipswich fans, being a highly reasonable bunch, are thoroughly ashamed of you.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 4

But we are all "terrace managers" to a degree arent we,the difference is most of us go and watch our team ride,this aljack fellow clearly doesnt so his opinions are null and void.

• Like 2

The weather ruined this one, despite only starting at 3pm, it never stopped and the track became worse as the meeting wore on. Taylor Poole looked fairly poor, perhaps not even fit although the lovely Christina in the box gave him every help possible with 3 goes at ht5, despite having fallen on his own at the first running. Tungate too didn't look too clever in his first ride, although then being withdrawn with sore baws you can't really blame him!

Its another 3 points on the board for Glasgow if anything. Interesting news during the match that an offer was made for the club last week, but not accepted. Glasgow also seem to have to find a significant amount of money by the end of the month to pay back creditors for the track alterations last year. Could be a long month!

Shame the rain ruined this a spectacle for the small crowd that braved the elements . But as usual for rain affected meetings , it was a non-event . Couldn't criticise any of the riders as they all had a go , but the track grew increasingly difficult and it was no surprise when it got stopped after heat 12 . Mr Tungate will be feeling a bit delicate for a few days going by the way he was bouncing up and down during heat 4 , the 2nd bend clearly gave him great difficulty to negotiate .

Three points was the only consilation on another day of financial doom and gloom facing our club .

aljack, and no trousers.

You couldn't criticise any rider on a day like today was . The rain started around an hour before the meeting was due to start and gradually got heavier until the premature end at the end of heat 12 . Tommy was on the pace in heat 2 , which is probably the best yardstick on which to judge the young lad on . A difficult day for all the riders , but i hope the young lad forges a career in the sport .

• Like 3

Tommy is a young lad who has not long started out in the sport and has impressed those who have actually seen him - you know, watched him actually ride one of those speedway bikes - especially given the short length of time he has been riding.

Speaks volumes for Tommy that fans from all the northern clubs whose tracks he has ridden at have felt strongly enough to jump in to defend him.

Your pathetic little attempted 'jibe' is, at best, ignorant. Some of us prefer to encourage youngsters with promise, after all they are the future of the sport and have something to offer it

• Like 4

think they wanted Glasgow,s no 8 James Mcbain but was refused