British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Leicester V Workington (koc) 19/08/12

This is a speedway problem, not a Leicester Speedway problem. Promoter seem to think we all want to hang around for 2.5 hours. 90-105 minutes is just fine.

15 heats in 65 minutes at Redcar v Rye House this year.

Crap track

Crap referee

Crap presentation

Crap riding by Leicester

Crap starting marshall

Guess what it all was. Yes everything was quite simply crap from Leicester's point of view. Workington however just got stuck in and fully deserved their win and in Adam Roynon they have a rider to cherish.

Another whinge. The lions had their biggest crowd of the season the other week, so your wrong (again) on attendance levels. It may have escaped your notice but there would be no Speedway without Hemsley at Leicester, so far from ruining it he`s made it happen for the enjoyment of so many. It shows the confidence Hemsley must have in his backroom staff if he feels he can take a holiday in the season. Anyway, why would you as a customer even notice that Hemsley was on holiday? Its his business and shows your obsession with him has obsessional tendancies.

how wrong you are about no speedway without hemsley but it did make me laugh,If it wasnt for alot of kind people giving hours and hours of there time for FREE there would of been NO leicester lions return. FACT

Obsessed no, just want to watch decent speedway at leicester with a decent promotor running it who cares about the fans and the product he is providing.

it also seems hemsley doesnt give a monkeys about the club, he would rather have a holiday than support and run the club

I don't know Mr Helmsley, never met him, I don't even know his first name. Does he have children? If so wouldn't it be appropriate to take them away in holiday, or take them out of school between November and March when you have to fly half way around the world to get any decent weather?

Even if he doesn't have kids, doesn't the guy deserve a break?

I'm sure there are people quite capable of running the place for a week or two while Mr Helmsley is away.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Made my first visit to Leicester this season last night and what a load of rubbish!

The 2 and a half hours it took to run this meeting made even Coventry's presentation look slick.

Numerous restarts, riders heading straight to the pits after each, boring racing, all the dirt being scraped off the track (twice!), R/R, two riders on the trot, Interval, riders messing about at the start line for an eternity...

I could go on about how to put all this right... but why bother? Nobody listens or does anything about it... So I just won't go again, as simple as that

And I only live a mile down the road.

Cardiff will probably be my last Speedway meeting this year

• Like 3

the meeting took 2hrs.30mins to complete with no serious crashes, it was a joke, crowds dropped again but after tonight alot more will forget about going there, fans shouting get on with it is not a good sign either.

it also seems hemsley doesnt give a monkeys about the club, he would rather have a holiday than support and run the club, is it time he sold up and moved on,as he has ruined the clubs comeback and put the future in doubt..

In my opinion, Leicester did not deserve to win. In my mind the meeting took such a long time because the referee did not push it along. He could have used the 2minute warning on more occasions. Some Workington riders were always slow from the pits; on several occasions the Lions riders were at the tapes waiting for the opposition to appear; there were several restarts due to starting infringments (one positive for the referee) and falls. When a restart is required, the referee must allow one minute before he puts the riders on two minutes, at times he was allowing much longer.

There were restarts in at least 10 of the fifteen races.

David Hemsley caannot be blamed for the shambles of last night - when are you going to say something positive about him!!

Crap track

Crap referee

Crap presentation

Crap riding by Leicester

Crap starting marshall

Guess what it all was. Yes everything was quite simply crap from Leicester's point of view. Workington however just got stuck in and fully deserved their win and in Adam Roynon they have a rider to cherish.

A typical negative post and people wonder why nobody of any intelligence use this forum anymore.

Crap track

Crap referee

Crap presentation

Crap riding by Leicester

Crap starting marshall

Strange as it may seem, between the crap there was some good racing!!

Strange as it may seem, between the crap there was some good racing!!

Marrow boy only sees what he wants to....same as robot 72

A typical negative post and people wonder why nobody of any intelligence use this forum anymore.

Think you should rephrase your comment :D

Nobody came out of last night well other than the odd individual (particularly Roynon and Lawson). I don't know enough about the track to make comment but was surprised at the repeated dirt withdrawal. I can't think many casual or first time supporters would rush back, irrespective of racing quality.

Marrow boy only sees what he wants to....same as robot 72

I think you are wrong there. Barrow boy has always stuck up for Leicester so for him to say anything negative means he must have been really cheesed off. I won't mention any names but someone else I know was being critical as well so it really must have not been a very enjoyable evening.

I think you are wrong there. Barrow boy has always stuck up for Leicester so for him to say anything negative means he must have been really cheesed off. I won't mention any names but someone else I know was being critical as well so it really must have not been a very enjoyable evening.

I try to be fair with my comments and I have to admit that I did not enjoy this meeting at all especially after last weeks extended meeting when Rye House were our opponents. In my opinion it is the referee that should push the meeting on. Two or three weeks ago my wife was surprised when I was home at just after 9 o'clock; that week the referee really pushed the meeting on due to impending rain which never arrived; and so it can be done but it needs the riders, team managers and referee to want it to happen.

There is a topic on here in the Speedway General Discussions section called False Starts and I think we are all in agreement that riders returning to the pits when they've only gone about two hundred yards is very annoying. At Coventry as soon as there is a false start a man in orange overalls rushes to open the gate so all the riders can toddle off back to the pits and we're left standing around for another 5 minutes. Drives me mad and personally I'd rugby tackle him if I was younger and had the strength. :D

• Like 1