British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick V Plymouth Wed Aug 22nd

hopefully there will be a decent crowd for this meeting as the promotion are going out of there way with half price admission plus attractions for kids bouncy castle, facepainting etc

• Like 1

hopefully there will be a decent crowd for this meeting as the promotion are going out of there way with half price admission plus attractions for kids bouncy castle, facepainting etc

Hopefully we get three points and no more injuries any news about a replace Dyer

Hopefully we get three points and no more injuries any news about a replace Dyer

Mickys' leg has been stichted up , no op required , no more news on wether he will be fit though
  • Like 1

What does the panel think?

What is more important to each of us (personally)?

Attracting a huge crowd by the cutting of prices, etc, but Plymouth winning (after a close match) -- or Bandits winning by a stack and getting all three points in front of a regular-sized attendance?

The most important thing I think, is for it to be an entertaining event, to encourage those who come on Wednesday for £8, to feel they have been sufficiently entertained so they'll continue coming fir £14.50

• Like 1

The most important thing I think, is for it to be an entertaining event, to encourage those who come on Wednesday for £8, to feel they have been sufficiently entertained so they'll continue coming fir £14.50

Most important is that all riders end the meeting injury free and that speedway wins no matter what the score

Attracting a huge crowd by the cutting of prices, etc, but Plymouth winning (after a close match) -- or Bandits winning by a stack and getting all three points in front of a regular-sized attendance?

A good turnout, as shows that interest is strong :)

Results are not that important, the place we are in the league.

Although not finishing last would we good :)

A larger crowd paying less is better than a small crowd paying the normal price , because hopefully they will spend money when they are there and some of them might come back . Hopefully Wednesday night will be an injury free night a home win with some decent racing , with Fish and Barker it should be decent .

Which is the whole point of the reduced admission. In the main the problem I have is that the promotion are preaching to the converted, still no too sure what other avenues of advertising they went with and this has to be one of the hardest seasons Berwicks have had. Not sure what more you can do after turning up to every home meeting.

Concerning times really.

Hope its a big crowd {trying to get a couple of mates to come along cheap entry} maybe they would come back if it was a close match and Berwick won most importantly NO MORE INJURIES

Just a thought (not a criticism as some people like to take every post) I personaly dont know the reason why the Plymouth match was chosen as a reduced price admission, perhaps midweek or being the same week as the GP which a few Bandits fans will be attending no doubt.It is probably not a good night to gauge anything for these reasons IMO still hope they get a good crowd though. Perhaps the Promotion should try a slighty reduced admission say £10 on a Sat.race night when a Team like Edinburgh or Newcastle are due ,they have both still to come this season and are both in the top 6 race therefore it might entice a few more Away fans as they can have a big away following when they are on a good run of results.Like I said just a thought. + they will think they have a chance to put one over us :wink:

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 4

With the amount of promotional work going on,I hope theres a big crowd,though if this meeting attracts back supporters who dont go anymore,and Berwick get beat will they return.Given our current league position this meeting is a must win match,and I think Berwick will win.

Which is the whole point of the reduced admission. In the main the problem I have is that the promotion are preaching to the converted, still no too sure what other avenues of advertising they went with and this has to be one of the hardest seasons Berwicks have had. Not sure what more you can do after turning up to every home meeting.

Concerning times really.

Heres one suggestion,not sure if its been tried at Berwick before,might not work,might make no difference whatsoever.

We have quite a number of Poles living and working in and around the Berwick region,as we know speedway is massive in Poland but there are very few if any Polish people attending speedway at Berwick,I work with a few and they know speedway is in Berwick but not sure where.So my suggestion is why not have a few poster in Berwick in Polish,unsure but do we still have a Polish shop in Berwick,there certainly was one,if there is why not put a poster or two in there,I mean the cost of a few poster or two cant be that bad and Im very willing to help with translation.

Worth considering maybe.

• Like 1

Just a thought (not a criticism as some people like to take every post) I personaly dont know the reason why the Plymouth match was chosen as a reduced price admission, perhaps midweek or being the same week as the GP which a few Bandits fans will be attending no doubt.It is probably not a good night to gauge anything for these reasons IMO still hope they get a good crowd though. Perhaps the Promotion should try a slighty reduced admission say £10 on a Sat.race night when a Team like Edinburgh or Newcastle are due ,they have both still to come this season and are both in the top 6 race therefore it might entice a few more Away fans as they can have a big away following when they are on a good run of results.Like I said just a thought. + they will think they have a chance to put one over us :wink:

I don't know where the club have been promoting the meeting on Wednesday, I have seen absolutely nothing advertising the meeting or the special

offers anywhere in the Berwick area. The only promotion I have come accross is within the circle of fans, who surely will be in attendance anyway.

It does appear the promotion is preaching to the converted instead ofthose who no longer attend, or looking for new converts. With the exception

of the Workington meeting all of the recent meetings have had a very low attendance.