British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick V Plymouth Wed Aug 22nd

Aye, there are plenty who I have asked who give the same reply, and don't come along.

The ones that do come think it's mental, and really enjoy it.

• Like 1

Aye, there are plenty who I have asked who give the same reply, and don't come along.

The ones that do come think it's mental, and really enjoy it.

Its amazing though just how many people you hear that used to years ago and now dont,my dad used to go,infact I started going to Shielfield with him,now he just doesnt want to go,he does have an interest and will sometimes watch the Sky meeting but as many times as Ive asked he wont go anymore.

I hope as many Berwick fans go as often as possible,I dont want to get melodramactic but we see all to often what happens when clubs dont attract enough fans.

Off thread but Id like to congratulate Dennis McCleary on his award of being official time keeper at this weekend GP at Cardiif,no celebrations for him though,its Berwick Rangers v Rangers on sunday and theres no way Dennis would miss that one.

Also Newcastle's Start Marshall Phil Day will be duty at Cardiff, along with Clerk of the Course Graham Smith assisting in the pits, and Colin Hunter of Redcar who is the machine examiner. Good day and representation for the Northern clubs.

• Like 1

Just looked at original prog for this meeting[ being scottish i was going to use it ] but as there are only 2 home riders [seb David] i will splash out a new one ,and a cheese burger.seeing its only 8 quid to get in BARGAIN;;;;;;;;;

Edited by Bandit59
  • Like 2

Just looked at original prog for this meeting[i was going to use it being scottish i was going to use it ] but as there are only 2 home riders [seb David] i will splash out a new one ,and a cheese burger.seeing its only 8 quid to get in BARGAIN;;;;;;;;;

I think I might do the same.

Had a fine cheeseburger on Saturday.

Saw Neil stuffing his face with one too.

Honestly. I can't believe no-one agrees with my idea, it's probably the best suggestion on here.

The true fans pay more, the greetin' mumpin-moaners get in for nowt.

The only condition would be that they would not be allowed to moan.

Actually, you are all right. That would never work.

Arson Fire, you're right. It is all everyone needs to do.

I'm enthusiastic about the sport, and that get my mates interested. So they decide to come along and see what all the fuss is about.

I've got two family repeat visitors, my old man has started coming back for every meeting when he is not working, and hopefully another family coming along tomorrow night.

They all really enjoyed the night and though it was decent value for money.

They mostly thought it was a bit mental too.

:)

Honestly. I can't believe no-one agrees with my idea, it's probably the best suggestion on here.

The true fans pay more, the greetin' mumpin-moaners get in for nowt.

The only condition would be that they would not be allowed to moan.

Actually, you are all right. That would never work.

Arson Fire, you're right. It is all everyone needs to do.

I'm enthusiastic about the sport, and that get my mates interested. So they decide to come along and see what all the fuss is about.

I've got two family repeat visitors, my old man has started coming back for every meeting when he is not working, and hopefully another family coming along tomorrow night.

They all really enjoyed the night and though it was decent value for money.

They mostly thought it was a bit mental too.

:)

I promise not to moan if you can get me in for Nowt Honest :approve:

Not sure how you`d work that at the turstile,anyway if you want to pay more then pay more and that goes for anyone,Im sure any extra would be gratefully recieved.

To be fair to the promotion,and as Fromafar says,this promotion have never been slow to try things like this.I think on this occasion it might be to try an attract a decent crowd for a wednesday where a normal wednesday night meeting is a finantial disaster.Might have been an idea to try it against one of our local teams so it might encourage a few more visiting fans,if this is a success we could yet have that as we are still to race some local teams.

Its good to see other promotions doing something to try and attract new or returning fans.

Just on the meeting itself is there any news if Ryan Fisher is riding,not sure if he`s made his return from injury.

Just been on Plymouth website it says their top 5 are riding[should be exciting with Fish]doubts about their reserves any news on weather Edited by Bandit59

I promise not to moan if you can get me in for Nowt Honest :approve:

Skinflint!

Skinflint!

Skinflint!

We are not all Millioniares, I look forward to the day you purchase the club and throw the gates open to the(moaning) peasants. :cheers:

Edited by Fromafar

I said nothing about purchasing the club, I'm not made of money either: but, I would pay up £20 (including programme) on Saturdays.

P.S.

Not seen any pheasants, do you mean the seagulls?

I said nothing about purchasing the club, I'm not made of money either: but, I would pay up £20 (including programme) on Saturdays.

P.S.

Yep,sorry for the typo but my education is still work in progress.

Could I suggest you pay £14.50 and donate the rest to charity(me) :wink:

P.S.

Well if you are that keen why dont you just hand over a £20 note at the turnstilles and say "keep the change"?

• Like 1

Well if you are that keen why dont you just hand over a £20 note at the turnstilles and say "keep the change"?

Great idea!

Why not do that Edward, seeing as you love what you watch so much?

Just looked at original prog for this meeting[ being scottish i was going to use it ] but as there are only 2 home riders [seb David] i will splash out a new one ,and a cheese burger.seeing its only 8 quid to get in BARGAIN;;;;;;;;;

Might just be an insert , so save your programme and have a couple of pints with your cheeseburger ,failing that see Big Ed he will see you alright :wink::drink:

Has anyone heard how long Ricky is doing.Is he out for the season?

Edited by Fromafar

I think I might do the same.

Had a fine cheeseburger on Saturday.

I can recommend the burgers at Shielfield having tasted delicious cheeseburger at the Rye House meeting.