British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Edinburgh Pl Monday 27th August 2012

forcast for light rain today fingers crossed the meeting is on tonight

No need for that Dekker, things are not looking promising at the moment.

Good, you haven't seen me dance. ;)

• Like 1

If it goes ahead will miss this one as I'm flying back from southern Portugal. 34 degrees over here and not a cloud in the sky. Can't wait to get back to misserable Tyneside....not.

• Like 1

OFF

Confirm, the meeting is OFF.

According to the Monarchs Chatzone the meeting is off. Shame our website couldn't inform Newcastle Fans first

According to the Monarchs Chatzone the meeting is off. Shame our website couldn't inform Newcastle Fans first

It's now on the Diamonds website as a 'Newsflash'

It's now on the Diamonds website as a 'Newsflash'

Ah well, better a little bit late than never Well done to whomever put the Newsflash on

Ah well, better a little bit late than never Well done to whomever put the Newsflash on

You shouldn't be too harsh, the point is to let everyone know asap, but most importantly stop visiting riders and fans travelling. George let Edinburgh know early enough, which is very much appreciated. I was on a bus into town, Matthew Wethers had driven up his driveway but no further, etc.

Of course once we've been told it spreads like wildfire.

You shouldn't be too harsh, the point is to let everyone know asap, but most importantly stop visiting riders and fans travelling. George let Edinburgh know early enough, which is very much appreciated. I was on a bus into town, Matthew Wethers had driven up his driveway but no further, etc.

Of course once we've been told it spreads like wildfire.

Shame this - two weeks with no Speedway - how will I cope? :sad: :sad:

Thank you for Posting the fact that the Meeting is 'Off' early folks. :t::)

Shame this - two weeks with no Speedway - how will I cope? :sad: :sad:

Thank you for Posting the fact that the Meeting is 'Off' early folks. :t::)

It's always one of the contentious things with calloffs Ian.

Leave it late and there is criticism about wasted time and money.

Call off early and there is criticism that the meeting could and should of gone ahead, and you risk the fans imagination as to why they weren't able to see speedway that night.

Len Silver at Rye House is renowned for very early calloffs, especially with teams that have some travelling to do. Many a time we have received a call at 9.00am on a Saturday morning, and we have been staying overnight at a hotel in Swindon, following a meeting on the night previous at Somerset. Having breakfast knowing you are travelling home, instead of a wasted trip to Hoddeston then home, is a great consideration. Len gets lots of criticism but he is rarely wrong.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1