British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Edinburgh Pl Monday 27th August 2012

Anyone have any news on Robbos injury from last night will he be fit for this one

He has tweeted that he is ok just bashed about

Anyone have any news on Robbos injury from last night will he be fit for this one

I have a photo of him on my mobile but can't download it. He has a little smile on and looks very bashed up. His nose has a mark on the side and it may be broken, an injury to the lid of his left eye, and the usual bumps ans scrapes you would expect from the inner lining of the helmet. He says he feels bashed up from the chest upwards but will be OK in a couple of days. I think he just needs a bit of a rest to get over the trauma of what happened and very pleased he hasn't broken something in such a valuable and delicate part of his body. He's actually been very lucky if you know how I mean it. No Pairs of course, and I don't really know about Monday against Edinburgh. He has said he would be OK in a couple of days but one has to remember he is a speedway rider and looks at things like this different from you and I probably. He does seem to be in good spirits thought so that is a big plus.

Very pleased that if he is going to have this crash, it was at Coventry, where he lives and where I believe his wife's family live. Get well soon Stuey.

Very pleased that if he is going to have this crash, it was at Coventry, where he lives and where I believe his wife's family live. Get well soon Stuey.

Totally agree - Pleased to hear it's not as bad as it looked from crash perspective.

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery and return to the saddle

• Like 1

So no team action for us over last few days.

Christian, Robbo and Claes seem to have picked up some injuries. Can anyone say how they are getting on?

At this moment in time with nothing going on I wonder if you have had a look at my websites

www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk , www.defunctspeedway.co.uk and the site I do with my mate Jacko Diamonds www.newcastlecyclespeedway.co.uk

If you haven't visited the sites before then now might be a good time to spend a few hours until Newcastles next match comes along on Monday. My Newcastle History site and my Defunct Tracks site are colossal as far as speedway websites go. The Cycle Speedway site is also quite large and if you were a cycle rider or have photographs of the pedal variety we want to hear from you. While away the hours on them and feel free to email me via the websites if you are interested or have some photos or other items that I can use.

Christian, Robbo and Claes seem to have picked up some injuries. Can anyone say how they are getting on?

At this moment in time with nothing going on I wonder if you have had a look at my websites

www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk , www.defunctspeedway.co.uk and the site I do with my mate Jacko Diamonds www.newcastlecyclespeedway.co.uk

If you haven't visited the sites before then now might be a good time to spend a few hours until Newcastles next match comes along on Monday. My Newcastle History site and my Defunct Tracks site are colossal as far as speedway websites go. The Cycle Speedway site is also quite large and if you were a cycle rider or have photographs of the pedal variety we want to hear from you. While away the hours on them and feel free to email me via the websites if you are interested or have some photos or other items that I can use.

Hi Dan I had a look at these when i saw them on your sig and think they are brilliant especially the defunct tracks one showing edinburghs Meadowbank and Powderhall, brings back memories :D

Keep up the good work

P.S. i have bookmarked them in my favourites now :t:

Thanks Ekimba

I started the Defunct site with an A-Z of defunct sites and it has grown since then with quite a lot of interest from famous names. Reg Fearman, Ivan Mauger, Lee Dunton (Danny's son) and lots of other ex riders and promoters. It is now probably the biggest speedway website on the net and is getting bigger by the day. Check out the Name The Rider pages and see if you can help me out with the names of the Unknown Riders etc. Good game, good game as Brucie used to say.

I remember my first visits to Old Meadowbank in the late 1960s. It rained everytime and I remember sitting on a train back to Newcastle soaking wet and putting my socks on the trains heater. I steamed all the way home but reached Newcastle Central Station bone dry again.. Ha ha happy days :t:

Never got to Powderhall after getting saddled with a mortgage etc. I still have a fondness for Edinburgh and have visited Armadale many times standing on that grassy knoll. Er not guilty I didn't fire a shot :rofl:

As the housing get ever nearer to your track you know Armadales days are numbered. Good luck with speedway in Edinburgh, The sport needs speedway in Scotlands capitol

I have just noticed that Somerset have sneaked ahead of us in the PL table by 2 points but have ridden 3 matchs more than us So look out Edinburgh we need 3 points on Monday to get back on top of the league

I need to know about the diamonds injuries before I make a (famous Dantodan prediction) but I am inclined to say we will do it over the Monarchs by 10 points

Christian was going to ride on Sunday gone, so must be OK.

Robbo misses the Pairs, so I don't know if he is going to be fit for Monday.

Claes, as far as I understand, is hoping to be back Monday.

Thanks Abbot,

We need all 3 riders to be fit if we are to hold onto our home record. Christian at home is real asset and he is becoming my favourite this year. Robbo too we cannot do without. Claes can score 3 2 1 or 0 in each ride but we need him for this match if we are to send the Monarchs away with nothing.

Now is the time to start asking who we will have as Guests so Abbot have you given any thought to that?

Claes can score 3 2 1 or 0 in each ride

Each ride??? He can be in them scoring positions on each lap

Each ride??? He can be in them scoring positions on each lap

Yeah! he is very interesting to watch. He gets in front and seems to go to sleep. Claes needs to develope an outside line, as a fast rider will always be able to pass him on the outside. He is a very good gater but not good at coming from the back. But we need him in the side come Monday

Anybody from the capital tell me the entry price for your double header

Anybody from the capital tell me the entry price for your double header

25 quid online, 27 quid at gate...

25 quid online, 27 quid at gate...

Cheers Dekker you can get into Berwick for a tenner next sat

Just had a look on your website Berrington was to far away from Berwick also remember going to Powderhall and standing next to John Campbell his father and girlfriend[week in week out]Edinburgh on Friday Berwick on a Saturday happy days Edited by Bandit59