British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

Dudley V Mildenhall

Close call with some dark clouds knocking about but the rain remains just to our west. Still no rain at all today. Dry but dull.

*edit* Sun is having a go - 16:03

*edit* As above. Safe journey. 16:28

Dont forget, Wolves FC at Home, so leave a little earlier if going through the Molineux area.

Lets hope for a good safe meeting to both teams.

Wishing the tigers luck will follow online. Sure Dudley will win this meeting.

Oh so its different now then like sunday we were missing our top 3 but it was even to u all.

It's water under the bridge now. I've already given my thoughts, and I'm not a parrot (can't stand them!), so see no point in repeating them time and time again.

It's done. We all need to move forward.

FYI, Blackbird and Nielsen are both riding, as far as I know.

Wishing a good, safe and enjoyable meeting for all & hoping the atmosphere is an improvment on Sunday's.

• Like 1

In total agreement with you Mr mungo how are they even teams roynon was riding for coventry last night in the elite league I follow your comments on the forum you speak so much sense pity others do not .come on you tigers I know our boys will still do us proud tonight

I do wonder if dudleys team manager as a clue, y av perry at reserve and give him one extra ride, just letting them av extra points i think. Crazy. Ritching, jww and greenwood not on the pace as off yet.

Great win but no where near our best with silly little mistakes.

I do wonder if dudleys team manager as a clue, y av perry at reserve and give him one extra ride, just letting them av extra points i think. Crazy. Ritching, jww and greenwood not on the pace as off yet.

Conditions sound a bit crap, but not sure looking at Updates it was a great win. However, well done to Dudley.

Reading into the reporting looks like Mildy Kerr with 2 + 1 not where Cam would have been - shame Irving was crocked I am sure the result would have been a bit closer, Number 6 slot needs to be sorted and fast but excellent efforts from Joe backed up by Lewis and Stefan - Dan continues to be a bit of an enigma.

For Dudley, Roynon being beaten twice at home, Morris & Bekker ably supporting but then comes the interesting part - Perry will move up from reserve and I suspect his average will start to slip ( apart from the extra rides also you miss the reserve switches to take out the TR like Ht 8 tonite ) and the rest? Greenwood getting a paid win when he should have been excluded ( according to Heathen Txter - and fair play for the non-bias reporting ) and very little from the rest.

Is the Dudley bubble about to burst? On paper unquestionably the strongest team in the league - but are cracks appearing?

Take the point though that with 7 rides for Perry the scoreline tonight could have been extended, however, a fit Cam, Dan to finish the season as he did last and a settled number 6 and Mildenhall could well yet be the better balanced side in the run out to the end of the season.

Pleanty more racing to come

Kev

Conditions wasnt great, not a good meeting. I know what your sayin but a win is a great win when u get 3 points. Your right if heeps was there wud ov been closer but also feel perry would of had 7 rides before we even got to heat 15, such a waste not using as we should, be glad to see him back in the team next week. Dudley were quite poor i think but we take the 3 points what we came for to top the table. Midly rode well

But was never in it to get a point. Be good to see heeps back when we meet in play off and koc

but then comes the interesting part - Perry will move up from reserve and I suspect his average will start to slip

Yep, those two league matches he's had at reserve this season have made all the difference.

Haha exactly what a waste of time avin him at reserve, no difference wot so ever. Be glad to av him back in the team.

I know what your saying norwichkev but what riders are out there to replace daley with and surely aint gona be any better.

Still a pretty decent option to have rider of the quality of Tom Perry at reserve. The fact is Dudley are able to win matches comfortably without all the riders firing on all cylinders and without the team manager giving his high scoring reserve the full seven rides.

It seemed like Mildenhall got going all to late in this match, showing what they could do, in terms of Blackbird and Jacobs beating Roynon after the meeting was already lost. But perhaps Dudley took their foot of the gas a bit with the meeting comfortably won.

Obviously it was a blow to Mildenhall that their original choice of guest was not available and as a result, they werent able to cover Heeps' absence effectively, which would have made things a bit closer. In that case, Perry may well have had more rides.

I know Bates had a couple of falls, and it probably wouldnt have made a great deal of difference, but there might be a case that he could have had an extra ride, with Halsey only scoring a couple of points. I think maybe the same could be said at times about Mildenhall not making full use of their reserves when the top five arent performing.

When you're away from home without you're number one and a couple of your other riders only picking up a couple of points, its pretty difficult to get anything from a match. Dudley seemed to have more than enough about them to prevent Mildenhall from winning races until the meeting was won.

I'm interested to know what the Mildenhall fans think about Ryan Terry-Daley. He was brought in with the promotion labelling him as a decent prospect, but having had a run in the side, his scores dont seem to have improved. I felt at the time it was harsh on Joe Graver, who'd got a couple of five point scores after Stoneman got injured. I see NorwichKev is suggesting the number six position needs to be sorted. So is it time to give Graver another chance, or should Terry-Daley be persisted with?

Edited by neil3065

The weather did spoil the match a bit (I was amazed no-one tried to clear the lake from the first bend) but it was still a decent meeting with some close races and a fair bit of passing.

Blackbird may hear more of his actions in heat 9. While he had every right to be aggrieved at a shocking refereeing decision to exclude him, I don't need to state how dangerous parking your bike across the track while the race is still going on is.

Best I have seen Jacobs ride for a while, and there was a nice touch from the Dudley announcer at the end of the meeting to congratulate him as he had been injured in his last match at the stadium.

Perry moving up from reserve will make a difference because he can't have a couple of extra rides (or block tactical changes as he did last night) but I doubt it will affect his scoring that much as he was averaging the best part of 10.00 per match before he dropped down.

There's no doubt that the presence of Roynon and Morris would have made a significant difference at West Row (although I wasn't impressed with Morris last night - move him two feet away from the kerb and he doesn't know what he is doing) so would Heeps at Monmore Wood. There is every prospect of a very attractive couple of fixtures if (as expected) they meet in the play off final, with two evenly matched teams on (hopefully) two excellent racing tracks.

One last point. I had the pleasure of the company of 4 Heathens fans (again) last night - dad, sons and grandson, with the little lad having his first taste of 500cc stallions. The sight of three generations all having a top night out watching the racing was enough to warm the heart of any speedway fan.

Why give Perry 7 rides when the meeting is dead and buried?

Give the other lads more track time so that they can improve.Which the Dudley management have appeared to have done ;)

Kerr was never going to get near what Cam would have got.

Quite suprised Roynon got beat twice,considering he is averaging what,8 in the PL.Well done to Joe and Lew on beating him :)

I'd give Graver another run in the side if I'm honest.

Yep, those two league matches he's had at reserve this season have made all the difference.

Fair play on your perception, 15+1 v Stoke from 6 and 16+1 v Mildy from 6 last night - can't argue with you on that.

Kev

Track was really tricky last night, especially in the early stages. Credit to both teams on putting on some good racing when conditions allowed.

It will be much closer when Mildenhall come back at the end of the season with Cameron on the team. We could be in for some classic encounters.

Very impressed with young Bates. Spectacular style and quick when he hits the front. A good prospect.

Good to see some Mildy fans there and I'm sure they enjoyed the night if not the result. We even gave 'em a round of applause at the end of the night. A fair bit of banter with none of it over the top. Credit all round - let's keep it that way.

Looking forward to our next encounter with the 'Bog Moggies'.