Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Rye House V Leicester Pl 27 August

Had a brilliant time at RH yesterday a good laugh all round with the RH supporters. The presentation was a little drawn out cosidering the forecast but in the end it stayed fine :-).Oh and I would have said the same even if Lions had lost.

Not the best meeting we've had this year, not the worst though considering the forecast bad weather meant watering the track too heavily would have been risky business.

Josh Grajczonek proved a good choice of guest, looked very comfortable at Rye. I wouldn't be against seeing him in a Rye race jacket next season.

R/R scored 5+1, less than Luke would have certainly.

Anders started well, was a different rider after the interval, at least that'll keep his average down for next year.

Lambert looked uncomfortable, still a little confused as to why we've signed him.

Kasper was a little sluggish out the traps, the boy can pass though will be a top second string next season.

Ben was very hit and miss, claimed another scalp in the form of Kauko Nieminen but once behind never looks like making a pass.

Jason had a solid day, again after the interval he looked like a different rider.

For the Lions I was shocked with how poor Magnus Karlsson looked, for a rider who was once one of the best in the league he only managed to beat Rye's reserves and Lewis Blackbird.

Was good to see Neathy back at Rye and hear him talking, we have missed him certainly.

My real concern is Lambert, whilst a lot of fans are against Ben Morley by the looks of things, he looks a lot more comfortable and quicker than Simon round Rye. We could use him on a 3 point average and get the same results with 7 points to play with to sign another heatleader. Put it this way why buy a car for £550 when you could buy the same car for £300?

The Nelson programme notes, I personally think that is the last we will hear/see of him. If he comes back on a 5.33 average it'll be a good one, though I have my doubts.

I see Magnus had another good day. Come on Magnus we need you back on form for the play offs

last year and this he has fallen foul of the dreaded camber. I feel that his bike is underpowered at the moment and this doesnt help.

Edited by Fanmale

Had a brilliant time at RH yesterday a good laugh all round with the RH supporters. The presentation was a little drawn out cosidering the forecast but in the end it stayed fine :-).Oh and I would have said the same even if Lions had lost.

Pleased to hear you had a good day, despite the poor racing, although I doubt you'll be complaining about that!

The meeting did seem to drag on a little, but delays for riders having two races on the trot, fence repairs, watering and the interval for the Ben Fund collection didn't help.

The Nelson programme notes, I personally think that is the last we will hear/see of him. If he comes back on a 5.33 average it'll be a good one, though I have my doubts.

I said right at the start of all this nonsense we wouldn't see him this year.

Put yourself on his position. He has a partner and a toddler and I've heard he has a decent job working at a mine. Why would he leave his partner and kid to travel half way round the world for 7 months?

I doubt his partner was happy living in a caravan at the track away from her friends and family

The vast majority of young Aussies come over here without any ties, so it's easier for them to adapt. Nelson's situation is vastly different

By no means am I claiming that these are the facts, just a hunch.

As for next year, who knows? Nelson presumably!