British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Rye House V Leicester Pl 27 August

i don't think uncle len's interval track watering helped the rockets cause shads! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if it would've made any difference CR, Leicester were far quicker from the tapes overall... Speaking to one of the track staff during the interval, he told me the track was like marbles, ,maybe the cause of the trouble on the 3rd and 4th bends.

I know bugger all about track prep, so I'm not sure what else could've been done with a threat of rain in the air pre match, which failed to materalise... Leicester are used to a gate and go track, so this must have seemed like Christmas to them!

Once the track went ultra slick after the interval ,, the Liecester lads were busy changing set ups ,,and the rockets started to be consistantly out gated ..Only Ben Morley popped out in heat 11 to record one of his best ever wins at this level over Kauko Nieminen ,,not until heat 15 did another rocket lead...won by Josh Grazonic ?? Who was an excellent Guest...A well deserved win by our visitors who could have won by more if they had a manager who knew what he was doing ....Heat 7 oh dear.??.... The rockets changes,, well i dont think a big awkward rider like Simon Lambert will be suited to Rye, though he may do ok away and gives 100%...Kasper Lykke has the makings of a very good rider,, but at the moment needs some one to help him with his gating..Nice to see Cris Neath doing just that after the meeting....Our Ben needs a run in this or any other team ? ,to improve his confidence, mainly away from home ..At the moment he is in ,,,then hes out ,,an this can mess with a youngster,s head ..Not saying it has his...But he showed today what a good little gater he is ,, and on the pace . Has a 4.25 Average at this level....just give him time....All youngsters like Ben need more competitive track time to make the jump up....Which any of the youngsters will tell you is very hard.....Especially if you are a brit....

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Please, Rockets fans tellme about the camber at Rye Hpouse. I have not been there but I have heard a lot about it froms supporters and those within the sport.

I know this may be read in many ways but according to the official track standards your track could be failing. Quote -

"Banking

Banking is permitted but should be constant from the inner edge to the

safety fence. No limit is specified in the SCB rules but a maximum of

5% on the straights and 10% on the bends is suggested.

Just thought I would stir things up!!!

Please, Rockets fans tellme about the camber at Rye Hpouse. I have not been there but I have heard a lot about it froms supporters and those within the sport.

I know this may be read in many ways but according to the official track standards your track could be failing. Quote -

"Banking

Banking is permitted but should be constant from the inner edge to the

safety fence. No limit is specified in the SCB rules but a maximum of

5% on the straights and 10% on the bends is suggested.

Just thought I would stir things up!!!

Must be different rules for the FIM, because they've been happy to award Rye House with a couple of meetings in the past.

You could say it is a run off area allowing a good distance to the fence,,but it does have an adverse camber and others would say it makes it difficult for some riders to maintain control should they go over the top of the banking..Over all it is probably a small advantage to the home riders who have more experience of it...Personally i like most at Rye would like to see it done away with....

You could say it is a run off area allowing a good distance to the fence,,but it does have an adverse camber and others would say it makes it difficult for some riders to maintain control should they go over the top of the banking..Over all it is probably a small advantage to the home riders who have more experience of it...Personally i like most at Rye would like to see it done away with....

Count me as one of them

The watering did away with any home advantage. Just look at the scores befor and after

Yes Ben may do ok at Rye but away he is not up to it. Ipswich he had three rides and was never in touch. We have not had a team that could carry a rider like Ben in the full line up for several years

The adverse camber is barely on the racing line and anyone going that wide would be out of the race anyway. Don't see it as an issue

Lykke looks like he will be ok next year unless we have picked the only Dane that can't gate

Lambert unlikely to be an improvement on Hawkins but i hope he proves us wrong

Decent Guest in the end but the difference in the teams was no Garrity.

Good to see Chris Neath looking reasonably well. Wish him a full recovery but looks like we will need a new no1

Hope one of the bare fixtures see a bit of a benefit meeting for him

Puzzling comments from Len in his programme notes wish he would just keep quiet to be honest.

You obviously have never noticed that Cris Neath and other fast riders like Josh Auty invarably ride on the adverse camber ..They can handle it ,,however many cant.. and a considerable number of these crash because of it,,mainly opposition riders ,,hence it unfortunatly remains in place to the detriment of the racing....

Edited by waco

£1,174 raised for the Ben Fund at Rye House this afternoon... Well done to everyone that contributed

Hope one of the bare fixtures see a bit of a benefit meeting for him

The Rye promotion wouldn't even allow a collection in the stadium for Robbo after his horror crash at Mildenhall 6 years ago. Some die hard supporters had to organise something at another venue.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

I see Magnus had another good day. Come on Magnus we need you back on form for the play offs

I see Magnus had another good day. Come on Magnus we need you back on form for the play offs

he was very unlucky today,on the wrong end of a bad ref.

• Like 1

The pub we stayed at last night had a visit by Mr Russell after the Swindon meeting last night. I was being egged on by the landlord to give him a piece of my mind over his disastrous tenure at Rye House, but I bottled it, anyway he's huge!

Where did you get grief from him WHB?

That's a shame, you might have learned something instead of shouting your uninformed mouth off as usual. Ron's only fault was not giving Rye up as a dead loss long before it folded, but people see only what they want to see, especially when they have no clue as to what was actually going on.

The place had been run into the ground previously. Instead of getting thanks for him putting his hand deeply into his pocket to keep it going and provide you with speedway he gets this kind of utter rubbish.

Edited by Angus Kix Lives
  • Like 1

Pretty sure Kasper was recieving gating help a while back from none other than Hans Nielsen,so the team know there is a problem and are trying to do something about it

That's a shame, you might have learned something instead of shouting your uninformed mouth off as usual. Ron's only fault was not giving Rye up as a dead loss long before it folded, but people see only what they want to see, especially when they have no clue as to what was actually going on.

The place had been run into the ground previously. Instead of getting thanks for him putting his hand deeply into his pocket to keep it going and provide you with speedway he gets this kind of utter rubbish.

Pity you wasn't there when he told a group of Rye House supporters basically to p*ss off when they dared to voice their concerns and opinions. And you wonder why the crowds fell away?

Seeing as you've taken on the mantle of Mr Russell's mouthpiece perhaps you could ask him if he rememembers that particular incident.

Edited by Shadders

Edited by Shadders