Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Vaclav Milik is a 19 year old Chezch Republic rider who won the National Title ahead of Lukas Dryml and Matej Kus and was in the World U21's ..... Would he still be a 4.00 rider as he has hardly ridden in Denmark, Sweden or Poland ?

Milik certainly looks to be one of those that might be worth a punt, however if we have learned anything from 2012 is that taking a risk on unknown qualities could backfire spectacularly.

MATEJ KUS - Could be a match winner one meeting and can certainly gate but has also looked shocking in oher matches. If he was so good why has he not managed to average over seven in the Premier League ?

SAM MASTERS - Out of the riders that already have experience, Sam is the one that could show the most improvement and his best score for Poole was 10+2 from 5 completed rides ..... at Wolves !!

LUDVIG LINDGREN - Lets not forget that Ludvig averaged 4.54 for Wolves while at reserve and it was only the rolling averages in 2011 that stopped him dropping to reserve when he was stuck in the main body of the team for too long. At reserve he knows the track and can get vital points.

JUSTIN SEDGEMAN - Isn't signed up anywhere so could join full time as we already have two doubling up second strings. He has shown glimpses in the past but not often enough. .... Would the likes of SAM, Jonah etc help him progress more ?

Milik certainly looks to be one of those that might be worth a punt, however if we have learned anything from 2012 is that taking a risk on unknown qualities could backfire spectacularly.

Think he is a bit more of a "known rider" and being Czech Champion may be enough to assess him higher ..... Certainly worth a punt if possible ??

Think he is a bit more of a "known rider" and being Czech Champion may be enough to assess him higher ..... Certainly worth a punt if possible ??

Being Czech champion is not as prestigious as most of the other main Nationalities. Plus he was unimpressive at Coventry in a rain affected U 21 round.

Maybe worth a punt - IF he is commited.

MATEJ KUS - Could be a match winner one meeting and can certainly gate but has also looked shocking in oher matches. If he was so good why has he not managed to average over seven in the Premier League ?

SAM MASTERS - Out of the riders that already have experience, Sam is the one that could show the most improvement and his best score for Poole was 10+2 from 5 completed rides ..... at Wolves !!

LUDVIG LINDGREN - Lets not forget that Ludvig averaged 4.54 for Wolves while at reserve and it was only the rolling averages in 2011 that stopped him dropping to reserve when he was stuck in the main body of the team for too long. At reserve he knows the track and can get vital points.

JUSTIN SEDGEMAN - Isn't signed up anywhere so could join full time as we already have two doubling up second strings. He has shown glimpses in the past but not often enough. .... Would the likes of SAM, Jonah etc help him progress more ?

Id go with Luddy.

Think he could suprise a few people this season,and well capable of a some decent scores around Monmore.

If that's all the choices then Masters must be the way to go bearing in mind who we can have to guest for him when there are fixture clashes :unsure:

• Like 1

Being Czech champion is not as prestigious as most of the other main Nationalities. Plus he was unimpressive at Coventry in a rain affected U 21 round.

Maybe worth a punt - IF he is commited.

Bit harsh using the Coventry u21 meeting, nearly every rider encountered problems that night, was virtually flooded, never mind rain affected. Dudek looked like he'd never sat on a speedway bike before. :lol:

Bit harsh using the Coventry u21 meeting, nearly every rider encountered problems that night, was virtually flooded, never mind rain affected. Dudek looked like he'd never sat on a speedway bike before. :lol:

OK, yes it probably was a bit harsh! Tho Jepsen Jensen made light work of the conditions!

Not sure if he was in the previous season`s meet at Poole? Can`t recall to be honest.

Think the point i was trying to make is he hasnt really excelled in anything other than the Czech Championship.

Obviously if he has done more than that i expect others to post any other information.

A `known` U21 talent, but so was Sowka ------ Which was more of my point. :t:

Think the point i was trying to make is he hasnt really excelled in anything other than the Czech Championship.

Obviously if he has done more than that i expect others to post any other information.

A `known` U21 talent, but so was Sowka ------ Which was more of my point. :t:

Understand what you meant SB but to be fair, Sowka was pretty unknown over here and let's face it he never really turned up as he was clearly told to stay safe by his Polish team.

Vaclav Milik however has qualified for the U21 Finals but on the negative side, most of his racing career has been in Czecho and the U21's is possibly the biggest meeting he has been in. (took one ride in Prague GP in 2012 .... selected ahead of Matej Kus !!)

MILIK would be a big gamble ...... but I think we may need to take a risk with the line up we have as there are some pretty useful line ups already announced and IF ..... IF Milik (or a 4.00) can find their feet over here, then we could have a hidden gem ..... (or a sinking stone)

Edited by T.N.T.

Understand what you meant SB but to be fair, Sowka was pretty unknown over here and let's face it he never really turned up as he was clearly told to stay safe by his Polish team.

Vaclav Milik however has qualified for the U21 Finals but on the negative side, most of his racing career has been in Czecho and the U21's is possibly the biggest meeting he has been in. (took one ride in Prague GP in 2012 .... selected ahead of Matej Kus !!)

MILIK would be a big gamble ...... but I think we may need to take a risk with the line up we have as there are some pretty useful line ups already announced and IF ..... IF Milik (or a 4.00) can find their feet over here, then we could have a hidden gem ..... (or a sinking stone)

Thats the worry, i have had enough of gambles! :D

To find talent you some times have to take a gamble.

After the double gamble of 2012 that flopped i think we should be very careful taking a gamble unless we have a solid 1-6.

With Jacob in reserve who will still be in his first full season of EL racing i think it would be too big a gamble to include an assessed rider in reserve alongside him.

Whilst Wolves have a history of unearthing hidden gems it has been a while since Rocket Ronnie and Sqora proved that theory a successful one!

Edited by stevebrum

I think you Wolves may struggle this year, some new faces would have freshened it up, plus you have 2 gp riders who may have one eye on that. Your final signing will have to be a good one. Good luck.........

Whilst Wolves have a history of unearthing hidden gems it has been a while since Rocket Ronnie and Sqora proved that theory a successful one!

Time's have changed big time since those days. When both those Monmore Legends came over you ether had to go off a recomondation from a rider or a VHS tape of a meeting they rode in. Now riders are quite easy to look at with the Tinternet and U Bend so hidden gems are no longer hidden.

What we do know about Milik is he is Czech Champion ahead of Lukas Dryml, Ales Dryml, Matej Kus etc and we hope he would start on a 4.00 average.

If it doesnt work out, we could always revert back to a doubling up rider like Masters, Lindgren, Jorgensen if they are still available in May.

You can't win the Lottery if you dont buy a ticket !!

I think you Wolves may struggle this year, some new faces would have freshened it up, plus you have 2 gp riders who may have one eye on that. Your final signing will have to be a good one. Good luck.........

I love how everyone is writing off our chances before a wheel is turned, however seeing as we have just swapped Nic for Adam i can see why some may think that. It is an easy opinion to make, despite it being a new year. :neutral:

However seeing as a lot had wrote Eastbournes chances off 2 season`s running i`m hardly likely to take too much notice of so called experts!

We don`t look any stronger i agree , however its a new season and a new challenge so time will tell. I would rather wait and see if the side has any fire this year first.

I love how everyone is writing off our chances before a wheel is turned, however seeing as we have just swapped Nic for Adam i can see why some may think that. It is an easy opinion to make, despite it being a new year. :neutral:

However seeing as a lot had wrote Eastbournes chances off 2 season`s running i`m hardly likely to take too much notice of so called experts!

We don`t look any stronger i agree , however its a new season and a new challenge so time will tell. I would rather wait and see if the side has any fire this year first.

. The side is much stronger Than the one that started last season. No unknown quality at no.2 And a much better balance in the top 5, everyone knows their Job. My concern is will Freddie get back to his 2009 form and can Tai handle what's coming next year and still maintain his excellent league form.

. The side is much stronger Than the one that started last season. No unknown quality at no.2 And a much better balance in the top 5, everyone knows their Job. My concern is will Freddie get back to his 2009 form and can Tai handle what's coming next year and still maintain his excellent league form.