British Speedway Forum

To be fair Gemini, thats a quote that Tai has made on a number of occasions.

He's matured since then, he doesn't say foolish things anymore! ;)

• Like 1

Don't say I've got to dig out that post of yours I downloaded about Tai being a Wolf for the next ten years because he loves it at Wolverhampton. :lol:

I just love the silly `ive heard` rubbish. But i stand by the quote that HE made. ;)

To be fair Gemini, thats a quote that Tai has made on a number of occasions.

:t:

• Like 1

Re Klindt - he's a middle order rider who has steadily progressed. Billed a wonder kid in 2007, never lived up to that and some personal reasons outside of racing may have been a factor.

I would not object to him riding for Wolves next year based on who the 1-7 of the team are. He can be frustrating but he can do well as his numbers and average shows.

I would say to automatically consider him nailed on for a 2013 spot shows that we are simply building a team based on assets and who can fit and lack ambition. No rider of his average should be 'nailed on,' That said I think you need to put him in catagory 'b' as far as a team place - a would be an absolute priority, b would be sign him if he fits a 1-7 that could contend, which is not just about him but who the other 6 are. The are several catagories below b including the 'never in a million years' one that Paul Thorp was a lifetime member of years ago.

One thing we need to understand - its okay to let assets go for a year or more on loan. Also whilst I respect that some Wolves fans have seen enough and want rid of, I can equally respect some like the rider and want to keep him around and defend him. Whereever he rides in 2013 I would wish him well. Wolves may not be the perfect club in some respects but the rider loyalty in this day and age is astounding.

Edited by SteveEvans

Completely agree with everything you say there Steve.

One thing some fans should remember is, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Middle order/3rd heat leader riders are in the main inconsistent. Swap Klindt out for another, you'd have the same issues.

Remember Steve Johnston? Most were happy when we signed him.. just what we need, a good reliable rider. Johnno went on to produce a near identical season for us as he had everywhere else in his career, but he was slated, reason being because we saw him every week rather than just once or twice a season his inconsistency was highlighted on a more regular basis.

Nicolai to me is in a similar boat to David Howe was. There is still a chance (although that chance becomes less each year) that he will breakthrough to the top echelon of riders, but in the main he is a 3rd heat leader/very good second string sort of rider. As Steve says he is the sort of rider that you wouldn't necessarily sign first (which was the problem we had with Howe, as he was consistently signed early). It should also be an average related decision.. if his average is around 7, perhaps not likely to add to that? If his average is around 6, much more attractive.

Re Klindt - he's a middle order rider who has steadily progressed. Billed a wonder kid in 2007, never lived up to that and some personal reasons outside of racing may have been a factor.

I would not object to him riding for Wolves next year based on who the 1-7 of the team are. He can be frustrating but he can do well as his numbers and average shows.

I would say to automatically consider him nailed on for a 2013 spot shows that we are simply building a team based on assets and who can fit and lack ambition. No rider of his average should be 'nailed on,' That said I think you need to put him in catagory 'b' as far as a team place - a would be an absolute priority, b would be sign him if he fits a 1-7 that could contend, which is not just about him but who the other 6 are. The are several catagories below b including the 'never in a million years' one that Paul Thorp was a lifetime member of years ago.

One thing we need to understand - its okay to let assets go for a year or more on loan. Also whilst I respect that some Wolves fans have seen enough and want rid of, I can equally respect some like the rider and want to keep him around and defend him. Whereever he rides in 2013 I would wish him well. Wolves may not be the perfect club in some respects but the rider loyalty in this day and age is astounding.

Any chance of swaping jobs with Adams :rofl:

Any chance of swaping jobs with Adams :rofl:

If I can get California weather and petrol money I'm in.

If I can get California weather and petrol money I'm in.

You've got to wait till PA wins 10 titles first..

which won't be until 2036.

Tai woffinden

Ricky Wells

Przemyslaw Pawlicki

Ryan Fisher

Freddie Lindgren

Jacob Thorssell

Ricky Ashworth

Have not got a clue what the averages would be.... decent team if it fits under the points limit

Can imagine freddie still being with wolves next year esp when hes due a testimonial.

However have been lots of rumours going round that tai wants a change and will be looking to ride at a different track next year. Could be interesting.

Tai is totally committed to Wolverhampton and has a great relationship with the club and big sponsors who are ready to help back him next season lining up as the clubs #1 and in the Grand Prix series (if selected) .... I would go as far to say any thoughts that the club would want to loan him out are not only way off the mark but would be seen by Tai as a break in loyality ..... it wont happen and Tai WILL be back in 2013

NAILED ON !!

Tai woffinden

Ricky Wells

Przemyslaw Pawlicki

Ryan Fisher

Freddie Lindgren

Jacob Thorssell

Ricky Ashworth

Just spat my coffee all over the room :o

Pawlicki - Very good rider and bags of potential but Wolves like committed riders ...... he does not fit the bill

Ashworth - Do me a favour - Would rather have Magnus Karlsson back :blink:

Fisher - Can understand why some name him, but he has a higher average than Klindt, Proctor, Howe and Wells and I would much rather have any one or two of those ahead of The Fish .... (in fact would have all 4 before RF)

If Wolves do start with just one 3.00 rider next season, I wonder if it will be Pontus Aspgren or Jacob Thorssell ? ..... You would think they may loan their asset out to a PL team for 2013 .... or maybe not ?

Edited by T.N.T.

At least the above team shows some imagination and creativity rather than the same old faces and a few Poles who have no intention of riding in the UK.

Id go with Woffy as number one and make the other 6 signings form a solid back up to him with a 5 point reserve... Would leave Lindgren out his form in the EL is slipping whereas it should be getting stronger with the EL getting weaker each year!

Id go with Woffy as number one and make the other 6 signings form a solid back up to him with a 5 point reserve... Would leave Lindgren out his form in the EL is slipping whereas it should be getting stronger with the EL getting weaker each year!

You have more chance of Poole leaving Holder & Ward out than Wolves even considering leaving Freddie out, form is temporary, class is permanent :wink:

Freddies last 5 or 6 meeting have seen him back to near his best, and next season on that nice low average he is gonna be a steal :approve:

• Like 1

Defos for 2013...

Tai Woffinden

Freddie Lindgren

Nailed on for next season.... Woffy extremely loyal as he was at Rye House when he rode for uncle Len in the PL....

Woffy extremely loyal as he was at Rye House when he rode for uncle Len in the PL....

Am I missing some kind of inference here?