British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe V Somerset (pl) - Monday, August 27th (3pm)

Pretty good meeting today, especially given the tricky conditions early on so credit to the riders for getting on with it. Done a few Scunny double headers this year and they are good value for money.

Auty was superb. Can't tell you how much I miss watching that every week. The Scorpions team was pretty solid, MPT rode a bit better than 3 points I thought. For the Rebels Doyle and Wright both rode well but I was also impressed with Vissing and Monberg who were good value and rode well for their points.

Not sure how long Godfrey's been wandering around with a mic but he was actually really good to listen to and it's refreshing to hear a promoter willing to communicate so honestly with the fans.

Jesper & Claus scores were credible still not sure about dropping Sam..! Well done Scunny!

Make your mind up Harry, one minute you want him gone & now your not sure ?............you clearly have too much time on your hands now they have stopped publishing 'The Dandy'

;-)

• Like 1

Not sure how long Godfrey's been wandering around with a mic but he was actually really good to listen to and it's refreshing to hear a promoter willing to communicate so honestly with the fans.

Hes on at the the Palladium next week............ :wink:

Edited by montie
  • Like 1

Yeah, could do with points in all our away games,easier said than done though,especially against one of the form teams in the Prem at the moment. Still the top performing away side in the league.

True, Scunthorpe also proved they were no mugs a few weeks ago at the OTA and yes as i said, this meeting was going to be very hard,But you must keep the presure on Newcastle, finishing top or second is a big advantage, eventhough Newcastle have meetings in hand. and yes, so do Worky, but i'd personally rather points than meetings in hand, you still have to win them.

Edited by Starman2006

About a month.

Hes on at the the Palladium next week............ :wink:

Don't give him any ideas !

I have just got back from holiday and have missed today's meeting as well as the Sheffield win. It seems that we keep doing a "Milton Berle" and just winning by enough to claim all three points at home. Any thoughts from Scunny fans on what I've missed?

What is the solution to replacing David Howe ? Hardly any guests have come up trumps.

• Like 1

Make your mind up Harry, one minute you want him gone & now your not sure ?............you clearly have too much time on your hands now they have stopped publishing 'The Dandy'

;-)

Womble, Womble, Womble... I think you misunderstood me I would have dropped Masters but I'm still now convinced that Jesper has done enough to be able to say it was the right move to drop Sam.

Just before Heat 15 of the Premier League meeting i saw Monberg enter the ambulance not sure whether he was injured or just feeling ill.

Womble, Womble, Womble... I think you misunderstood me I would have dropped Masters but I'm still now convinced that Jesper has done enough to be able to say it was the right move to drop Sam.

I've misunderstood you, are you sure you haven't misunderstood yourself? You say would have dropped him, but your not sure its the right decision..........come on Harry, 'Cake and eating it' comes to mind. :blink:

Pretty good meeting today, especially given the tricky conditions early on so credit to the riders for getting on with it. Done a few Scunny double headers this year and they are good value for money.

Auty was superb. Can't tell you how much I miss watching that every week. The Scorpions team was pretty solid, MPT rode a bit better than 3 points I thought. For the Rebels Doyle and Wright both rode well but I was also impressed with Vissing and Monberg who were good value and rode well for their points.

Godfrey started on the mic the night Berwick visited ,though he was very entertaining and made some pretty fair comments regarding BOTH teams which does'nt happen a lot.Quite witty IMO

I've misunderstood you, are you sure you haven't misunderstood yourself? You say would have dropped him, but your not sure its the right decision..........come on Harry, 'Cake and eating it' comes to mind. :blink:

Yes I personally would have dropped him but it wouldn't necessarily be the correct decision.

This will not be an easy meeting. But you do need a minimum of a point out of this. Your boys really need to stamp their authority on the meeting from the get go. The reserves need to score points.

I think if we outscore Scunthorpe, we should win this.

:blink:

Didn't happen,did it. Really you could have done with getting a point up there.

Woooooooooooooooooooosssshhhhhh :P

• Like 2

Auty`s Max was a great one to,had the lot from the gate,fom the back,inside and outside,had some great races with Doyle,hard but fair from both riders

Interesting to here from RG that Mikkel Michelsen was wanting to come and sign for Scunny for the run in but missed to many fixtures due to other meeting and school,great to hear the riders of his quality are wanting to be at the EWR,bodes well for the future

• Like 1

Got to agree with you montie Josh to get a max in the company of Doyley whos been on fire recently was awsome, some brill racing from Josh. and his gating has improved loads this year. The meeting started off with a 5.1 for Somerset and immediately we knew it was going to be a good meeting. Our lads seem to go for it when behind. A huge well done Scorpions!!

Got to agree with you montie Josh to get a max in the company of Doyley whos been on fire recently was awsome, some brill racing from Josh. and his gating has improved loads this year. The meeting started off with a 5.1 for Somerset and immediately we knew it was going to be a good meeting. Our lads seem to go for it when behind. A huge well done Scorpions!!

Not quite...the meeting started wth a 4-2 for Somerset, though we would have gladly taken a 5-1!

Not quite...the meeting started wth a 4-2 for Somerset, though we would have gladly taken a 5-1!

Oops, I should have checked my prog.......Your team certainly gave us a good fight for the win. It looked like you were going to get a point but thats speedway! We needed the point more than you lol.
  • Like 1