British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PremierRebel

Vissing In Masters Out

If you read this sam i wish you all the best in your future speedway and lets not forget he was late to a meeting so he could ride for the rebels on a friday night ,so can't say he was not commited

Well said cat2, I don`t believe all that "Only riding for Poole crap" either.

Well said cat2, I don`t believe all that "Only riding for Poole crap" either.

and most of the teams who said he throws his toy about will want to sign him now!

workington to sign sam masters, as long as he can have a new teddy for comfort. looks like he wont get the chance to stuff royno at sommerset this year, cos he is still a romper kid. l.m.a o if we do sign the teddy boy.

Lakeside might have said that-however the offical team decs do not reflect that(however we do know they were cocked up recently).It still doesn`t alter the fact that if he loses his PL place it doesn`t affect his elite league D/U status.

if sedgeman hasnt got a prem league place he cant double up so must be full time

if he has got a prem league place then he must be a double up rider as prem league would take priority if the 2 have a meeting the same night

if sedgeman hasnt got a prem league place he cant double up so must be full time

if he has got a prem league place then he must be a double up rider as prem league would take priority if the 2 have a meeting the same night

i say that he can be still classed as a D/U if he loses his pl place if his Elite team wishes to use the other paired D/U instead of himBecause when they signed him he had a pl place.

Maybe you can quote the rule that says that isn`t so.

The same would apply to Masters.

Edited by racers and royals

i say that he can be still classed as a D/U if he loses his pl place if his Elite team wishes to use the other paired D/U instead of himBecause when they signed him he had a pl place.

Maybe you can quote the rule that says that isn`t so.

The same would apply to Masters.

As I understand it, both Sedgeman and Masters can continue as double up riders providing their Elite League clubs do not redeclare their line up.

Edited by Pere Ubon

teams using newport riders at start off season were only given a set period to use them as double up riders

if they didnt find a team place in the prem they had to go full time or step down from the double up role

there has been other riders in past years that have lost there prem league place and no longer allowed to double up

but this is speedway and rules are not there to be followed by all clubs

teams using newport riders at start off season were only given a set period to use them as double up riders

if they didnt find a team place in the prem they had to go full time or step down from the double up role

there has been other riders in past years that have lost there prem league place and no longer allowed to double up

but this is speedway and rules are not there to be followed by all clubs

Whilst I wouldn't disagree that regulations haven't always been applied even handedly, on this occassion I think, as has already been pointed out earlier, the rules are clear.

17.7.2 The initial Declaration may include 2 pairs of “Doubling-Up Riders” and a #8, all of whom at the time of (re)declaration must be in a Premier League Declared 1 - 7.

In respect of the former Newport riders, they were not of course in a Premier League Declared 1 - 7 at the start of the season.

In this weeks Speedway Star, reporting on the World Under 21 at Coventry, Sam says "Ive been pretty low on confidence lately due to crashes. I keep hurting myself and it doesn't help"

Sam came back from injury early (perhaps too early) to ride at Somerset and you could see he was struggling, but it proved his commitment to the Rebels. Sam was also the only reason Somerset won a trophy last year winning the Premier League Riders Championship, so you are losing a fans favourite, not usually a smart move, unless their form has dipped alarmingly.

On my calculations (which are usually wrong) we have an away match at Scunthorpe, two away matches in Premier Trophy, assuming we get through the semi final and three aways in the Play Offs assuming we progress. That's six away matches and Sam would miss one on October 13th. So I have to ask who do you think on all known form shown so far would score more points away at the remaining five away matches, Sam or Jesper? Replies on a post card please!

Assuming Alex and Tom are signed next year, they are both still eligible for the under 21 competitions. If one or both show improvement and progress, will they be shown the door if they miss Rebels matches? The problem lies with the powers that be arranging matches in different countries with no thought or co operation with those clubs affected.

I hope Jesper gets a max on Monday and you will be pleased to know this is my final thoughts on the subject.

You all seem to be missing a huge point. He doesn't double up for Lakeside, or Swindon, etc. He doubles up for Poole. We all know that different rules apply if you're an Elite League team in Dorset.

workington to sign sam masters, as long as he can have a new teddy for comfort. looks like he wont get the chance to stuff royno at sommerset this year, cos he is still a romper kid. l.m.a o if we do sign the teddy boy.

i'm sure auntie sue with throw him a choccy or 2 for comfort, Masters will feel right at home.

Edited by Dekker

In this weeks Speedway Star, reporting on the World Under 21 at Coventry, Sam says "Ive been pretty low on confidence lately due to crashes. I keep hurting myself and it doesn't help"

Sam came back from injury early (perhaps too early) to ride at Somerset and you could see he was struggling, but it proved his commitment to the Rebels. Sam was also the only reason Somerset won a trophy last year winning the Premier League Riders Championship, so you are losing a fans favourite, not usually a smart move, unless their form has dipped alarmingly.

On my calculations (which are usually wrong) we have an away match at Scunthorpe, two away matches in Premier Trophy, assuming we get through the semi final and three aways in the Play Offs assuming we progress. That's six away matches and Sam would miss one on October 13th. So I have to ask who do you think on all known form shown so far would score more points away at the remaining five away matches, Sam or Jesper? Replies on a post card please!

Assuming Alex and Tom are signed next year, they are both still eligible for the under 21 competitions. If one or both show improvement and progress, will they be shown the door if they miss Rebels matches? The problem lies with the powers that be arranging matches in different countries with no thought or co operation with those clubs affected.

I hope Jesper gets a max on Monday and you will be pleased to know this is my final thoughts on the subject.

I'm with you on this one OT. I don't feel there's much difference in scoring potential between Sam and Jesper for the remaining fixtures, even if Sam were to miss one or two meetings, so seems slightly shabby treatment of a loyal servant for the past 2 years. Likewise with the Pairs snub. Must be more to it?

Sedgmen is full time EL with Lakeside, not a D/U

Not true. A rider named in a PL 1-7 at the start of a season may continue in a DU capacity unless the EL side in which he is named subsequently redelares their team.

Absolutely amazed masters has been dropped. There must be more to it than meets the eye. Masters has loads of potential. Sure, he has half an eye on poole, but incredible decision to drop him. End of rebels chances for silverware this year.

• Like 1

Absolutely amazed masters has been dropped. There must be more to it than meets the eye. Masters has loads of potential. Sure, he has half an eye on poole, but incredible decision to drop him. End of rebels chances for silverware this year.

Don't think its got anything to do with us. As for your second part, really, you think so!!