British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PremierRebel

Vissing In Masters Out

LETTING YOU KNOW THAT WORKINGTON WON THE PAIRS AT ZUMMERZET . on an away track as well.

If Sam rides for a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday track same scenario, he will miss meetings for under 21s.

Also is it any co incidence that his mechanic is Travis Mcgowan's old mechanic and he looked slow last year?

LETTING YOU KNOW THAT WORKINGTON WON THE PAIRS AT ZUMMERZET . on an away track as well.

Most of the PL teams were decimated by injuries.

Edited by Shadders

Completely baffled by this decision, granted Masters has not progressed from last season but still a heat leader, and some of his poor form (by his standards) was due to riding with an injury. He is or was a Somerset asset, and was hyped up when he was signed by the promotion, and as a young rider can only progress further and improve his average. Jesper on the other hand is past his best and understandably has struggled on away tracks he has never rode before. Explains why Sam was not being included in The Pairs.. The official version is Sam would be missing matches due to his under 21 commitments. He is at Tanow on September 15th so would miss Somersets home match against Workington, but it's a PL match and would not affect Somerset qualifying in the top two, and Somerset have enough fire power to cover with R/R. The other meeting is in Pardubice on October 13th which on the Rebels fixture list is an Open meeting, perhaps the Premier Trophy? Sams last two matches in the seven match series are in November so don't affect anyone. Kyle, Tom and Alex were in the British under 21 and have missed meetings, the KO Cup home defeat springs to mind. So knowing the fixture list at the start of the season it makes you wonder why this has just become a problem. There is no guarantee that Claus will return to his best quickly after yet another injury, and on paper this makes the team weaker and virtually guarantees we won't win the League this year. We can only hope that Jesper rides the away track better when we finally, (if we ever do), race the Premier Trophy final

Perhaps its something that he wouldnt agree too, anyone else gone missing at the same time

yep, thats true. leucester were missing, no one. somerset were missing masters,their own choice. scunny were missing david howe. and workington were missing richard laweon . rye didnt even have two decent riders to put in.

• Like 1

yep, thats true. leucester were missing, no one. somerset were missing masters,their own choice. scunny were missing david howe. and workington were missing richard laweon . rye didnt even have two decent riders to put in.

In this weeks Speedway Star there is a full page colour add for The Pairs. It says " Featuring the top ten pairs in the Premier League." Should have read "The top ten pairs that are available on the night."

In such a hurry to post that rubbish you couldnt even spell your own riders name!

Do you really believe all that rubbish, or just on a wind up?

Go away, have a think about it and come back when you've a clue

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

To be fair Sam has not scored to his full potential this season and seemed at times to be just going through the motions without the will to win a race, maybe he needs to mature a little more and up his game or else I can see his career in the UK being very short lived

To be fair SS I don`t think it`s quite as bad as that,he is a talent and will progress.I believe the management when they say it was a numbers game about three into two won`t go. In their opinion,and remember they see a lot more of the lads than we do, this was the best option open to the team at this time,All riders go through tough times, it`s a bl**dy tough sport and riders are sometimes plying their trade in a lot of pain.As I stated previously he has had some nasty offs this term which must affect your form and mind set. If he joins another team in the Prem I wish him all the best, and would love to see him back at the OTA next year.

So you admit that other sides were weakened, while you were strengthened? I don't believe you would have won with Lawson in place of Roynon

So you admit that other sides were weakened, while you were strengthened? I don't believe you would have won with Lawson in place of Roynon

They wouldn't have won with them two anyway had lindgren not loaned Rene his bike for the semis and final :) still you can only beat what's in front of you I suppose.

yep fancy bringing in your 3rd averaged rider to fill the gap left by a number 1.

laween or laweon, you still know who i was talking about.

Edited by jenga

To be fair SS I don`t think it`s quite as bad as that,he is a talent and will progress.I believe the management when they say it was a numbers game about three into two won`t go. In their opinion,and remember they see a lot more of the lads than we do, this was the best option open to the team at this time,All riders go through tough times, it`s a bl**dy tough sport and riders are sometimes plying their trade in a lot of pain.As I stated previously he has had some nasty offs this term which must affect your form and mind set. If he joins another team in the Prem I wish him all the best, and would love to see him back at the OTA next year.

I believe that I am being very fair; Sam has been a totally different rider this year compared to last season he seems to have lost the fire in his belly and believe me I am not the only one to comment on this during the last couple of months.

I have watched him at every meeting at Somerset that he has ridden in this season and IMO he was of a lesser standard than he was at the start of the 2011 season. I understand that he has had a couple of injuries this year and maybe he did return before he should have or maybe he should have sought further medical advice and returned with 100% fitness.

It must have been a very tough decision to take but I can understand why they went the way they did.

I sincerely hope that he gets fixed up very soon as speedway needs the likes of Sam and I am positive that he will visit the OTA with another team and kick our derrières

Typical post from you again :rolleyes: . Makes no odds who was decimated , on the night only Redcar had the misfortunes of having to use a NL so all the rest were PL riders so the best pair won on the night . simple :P .

Back to the thread Doyle is a class act can't take that away from him even though I'm not a fan but feel Somerset would have been better keeping Masters and sidelining Wright , but to be fair they have a strong 1-7 with either and will be strong contenders for the PL title