British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Nobody yet has said what Flawless is(never heard of them) and were they any good, or are they like the rest of the X factor winners, ie rubbish.

They were ok as dance troupe's go I s'pose. Easy money for 10 minutes work. Thought the Welsh Male Voice Choir singing Delilah, and the accompanying brass band doing "I Predict a Riot" were better. Should have the Magoos from the fanzone playing in the stadium.

All joking aside regarding the attendance... I was wondering how many people would attend it the prices were dropped?

To say.. £25 per adult, £12.50 per child.. everywhere.

I ask, because the main problem this event is facing now is mercenary hotel chains upping their price tariffs when this event is on.

I drove 460 miles, in a day trip, to attend. The hotels are just too expensive.

Great venue, and if the prices were slashed, would more people attend? Anyway?

Just wondering.

Think 29 quid for the cheap seats in the gods is about right, unless you're stuck behind a screen as we were last year. The screen at the far end gives a lot of info, such as re-runs/incidents, and a couple of thousand would have missed that. perhaps it was just the date that affected the attendance, we'll find out next year.

Edited by new cross robin

does that mean that next years pre meeting entertainment will be a dancing dog ?

Hey I can probably provide that as I've got nearly a year to train her. Free entrance, a programme and a Bonio for Lucy is all I will ask for. :lol:

• Like 5

Attendance down about 9000 on last year,time to cut the number of price categories to 3 or 4 at the most, top price max of £60 for trackside, £40 for 1st tier & £25 the gods. I'd love to see the place full.

Also why are all the presentations made to the home straight when that is the least populated.

Racing was,I thought of a good standard, particularly the 2 semi's.

Flawless were utter bobbins.

• Like 1

I ask, because the main problem this event is facing now is mercenary hotel chains upping their price tariffs when this event is on.

I drove 460 miles, in a day trip, to attend. The hotels are just too expensive.

Just wondering.

I think that with 2 major sporting events taking place in Cardiff with the cricket finals just up the road that would force up hotel prices. Just need to get the M4 to operate properly so you can get out of Wales swiftly!

Nobody yet has said what Flawless is(never heard of them) and were they any good, or are they like the rest of the X factor winners, ie rubbish.

They certainly weren't flawless, they were utter Sh!te...

You liked them then Jacques. It just proves that S.Cowell has no taste as he thought they were great.

What about next year having The Magoos who played in the fanzone for the pre meeting entertainment.............I thought they were brilliant...........

RP

What about next year having The Magoos who played in the fanzone for the pre meeting entertainment.............I thought they were brilliant...........

RP

The reality is, those who stay in the pub will be staying in the pub whoever/whatever is there. Those who get in early for whatever reason will continue to do so. You're never going to please everyone, after all, most of us can't agree on the speedway!