British Speedway Forum

Nicolai Klindt released by Peterborough ;)

Lets hope that Klindt is brought in as a temp replacement

On the Rye House website ---

No-Go at Rye House on Aug 3rd and 24th

This is advance notice that there will be no planned action at Rye House on the Saturdays of August 3rd and 24th.

With the Silver Ski Rockets away on those nights against Workington and Berwick, respectively, the original plan was to fill those two dates with National League level challenge fixtures, but this has proven not to be.

August will still be a busy month in Hertfordshire, however, with the Rockets receiving visits from Anglian arch-rivals Ipswich, Leicester, defending Premier League champions Scunthorpe and Berwick. By the way, that match against the Bandits – on Bank Holiday Monday, August 26th – will be tagged with the (U-16) British 125cc Championship.

This is on the Rye House website............

back in 2000 we used to have "Rocket Man Ray" whose job it was to cycle around the track dressed up as a Rocket in an attempt to entertain the younger supporters. Now I don't know if it was me but Ray's cycling definitely changed if he'd had a couple of well earned drinks in the Long Bar before he went out. It was though an attempt to do something different and if anyone knows what happened to good old Ray let me know as he was a top bloke.

May i suggest that he asks Hazal what happened to Rocket Man Ray.

Edited by GARY POPPS

This is on the Rye House website............

back in 2000 we used to have "Rocket Man Ray" whose job it was to cycle around the track dressed up as a Rocket in an attempt to entertain the younger supporters. Now I don't know if it was me but Ray's cycling definitely changed if he'd had a couple of well earned drinks in the Long Bar before he went out. It was though an attempt to do something different and if anyone knows what happened to good old Ray let me know as he was a top bloke.

May i suggest that he asks Hazal what happened to Rocket Man Ray.

Saw him at Rye House tonight. He looks a little more doddery than he did when he used to don the mascot suit. I seem to remember him telling me a few years back that he was told he was not to perform the mascot duties anymore. I don't think he was even the official mascot. He did it off his own back I seem to recall.

Edited by Shadders

Update on Rye House website:::

:::::::

Lambert Opts Out

As Rye House promoter Len Silver explained to Saturday’s crowd, Rockets reserve Simon Lambert has decided to step down from the side and take a complete rest for a month. Lambert’s decision follows a struggle with injury and over-trying, although he will continue to help the Rockets in the back room by assisting Anders Mellgren.

Watch this space for team news in this regard.

Lambert Opts Out

As Rye House promoter Len Silver explained to Saturday’s crowd, Rockets reserve Simon Lambert has decided to step down from the side and take a complete rest for a month. Lambert’s decision follows a struggle with injury and over-trying, although he will continue to help the Rockets in the back room by assisting Anders Mellgren.

A shame, as he tries hard, but he has clearly struggled. Good luck to him, hopefully he can get back to the NL, rebuild his confidence and come back stronger.

A shame, as he tries hard, but he has clearly struggled. Good luck to him, hopefully he can get back to the NL, rebuild his confidence and come back stronger.

At the Rye House 'sister track' perhaps? But if that happens it will put one of the Kent Kings riders out of a place - while lower order rider at Sittingbourne stays on? Speedway is no longer about ability but fitting in with the right average.

At the Rye House 'sister track' perhaps? But if that happens it will put one of the Kent Kings riders out of a place - while lower order rider at Sittingbourne stays on? Speedway is no longer about ability but fitting in with the right average.

Ability dictates an average so your point is invalid and just another gripe about the Kent side. The title of the post is Rye House 2013 so maybe lets talk about that as opposed to negative views on a completely different team?

Lambert had to go, he tried yes but results weren't coming. If we sign Ben Morley in his place its not the right way to go as likeable as the lad may be. If Garrity is near fitness then the team will take on a whole new complexion.

Sundstrom would be a decent signing.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back if averages and wage demands allow

Use the higher of the last PL average or EL figure converted so he'd come in on a hefty 11.95.

How close is Garrity to being back. If its close could we accommodate Pontis and JG? I wonder if Kasper is on a last warning. He had a lot more fire in his belly than I have seen recently. Anyone know of Luke's intentions.

How close is Garrity to being back. If its close could we accommodate Pontis and JG? I wonder if Kasper is on a last warning. He had a lot more fire in his belly than I have seen recently. Anyone know of Luke's intentions.

Not close at all if you saw the latest X-ray. Story is he took the plaster cast off himself, which hasn't helped... Luke will probably continue his rehab, ready for next year

Lambert Opts Out

Isn't it about time Ben Morley was given a fixed place he has given RH good, competitive service over the years?. He may have been asked and said no but Waco has stated he is looking to go PL