British Speedway Forum

Len's letter in the Star is interesting!!!!!! Everthing hunky dory at Hoddeson

Do I get a mention?

Edited by Shadders

Do I get a mention?

Do I get a mention?

He did say that there was some-one moaming all the time but did not say who!!! :D:cheers:

He did say that there was some-one moaming all the time but did not say who!!! :D:cheers:

Shame he doesn't have a list of the hundreds of Rye supporters who've said nothing, but have stopped going over the past 2 or 3 years. At least I pitch up at Hoddesdon every week and at as many away meetings as I can get to. He should be thanking me, not slagging me off!

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Shame he doesn't have a list of the hundreds of Rye supporters who've said nothing, but have stopped going over the past 2 or 3 years. At least I pitch up at Hoddesdon every week and at as many away meetings as I can get to. He should be thanking me, not slagging me off!

I think he just wants to put a positive spin on the sport as all promoters do,but he seems deluded IMO.

Raiders are going to ride out of Sittingbourne this year !!!

Implications are presumably;

Meetings every other Saturday at Rye House for Rockets.

A drive of approx 60 miles each way for Hoddesdon area supporters of Raiders. (Both of us :rofl: )

At present Saturday night is reserved for speedway, if it becomes every other week, wifey will expect me to take her out ???

Not particularly happy about it.

At present Saturday night is reserved for speedway, if it becomes every other week, wifey will expect me to take her out ???

Not particularly happy about it.

I am!..... I'd welcome a few free Saturdays to do something else. By the end of last season the other half (a Bandits fan) was more enthusiastic about going to Rye House than me!

• Like 1

Can anyone explain to me why Jason Bunyan's racejacket is Blue and Green and not blue and yellow, the official club colours?

If you mean the photo in the Star it'll be an error during printing I should imgine.

Edited by Shadders

Can anyone explain to me why Jason Bunyan's racejacket is Blue and Green and not blue and yellow, the official club colours?

his "race jacket" is actually an integral part of his kevlars and the colour changed from an almost fluorescent yellow to the current greeny yellow colour fairly early in the season.

his "race jacket" is actually an integral part of his kevlars and the colour changed from an almost fluorescent yellow to the current greeny yellow colour fairly early in the season.

Dodgy detergent

Edited by Shadders

Ta for that. I did at first think it was just the printing, as Shadders suggested, but in one shot he's next to another Rocket who's body colour is distinctly yellow.

I wonder if Uncle Len has missed a trick with his team ? It is almost two and half points below the allowed limit. I have a feeling that there may changes early in the season, but if the Rocket averages do increase, they will have lost out :wink:

Len not one for making changes unless forced on him so unless Nelson has visa issues again or a bad injury occurs he won't makes any changes until Luke comes available :neutral:

Edited by Rocketbee

I wonder if Uncle Len has missed a trick with his team ? It is almost two and half points below the allowed limit. I have a feeling that there may changes early in the season, but if the Rocket averages do increase, they will have lost out :wink:

How many of that line ups averages do you think will increase? Allen, Lambert, Bunyan?

Mellgren will be the significant improvement with Lykke and Garrity close behind.

There will still be around 7 points to play with should Nelsons "visa" issues be a problem.

Hopefully Silver will make a decision on him before the season starts. Either Nelson is here before the end of March or don't bother.

Len not one for making changes unless forced on him so unless Nelson has visa issues again or a bad injury occurs he won't makes any changes until Luke comes available :neutral:

Last time I remember Silver making changes was with Kurt Shields. Hawkins had had enough and jumped. I doubt whether he'd been sacked, even during his poor run of form.

Bookies gave stopped taking bets on Luke Bowen appearing in a Rockets race jacket sometime in 2013

Edited by Shadders

Would like to have seen Nick Morris and Josh Grajczonek in the Rockets team but both signed for Somerset. Grajczonek would in my opinion made a better number one than Allen. Can't remember Allen setting the PL alight when he rode for Kings Lynn a couple of years ago. Nick Morris I also recon has a big part to play in the PL and EL in 2013, both will increase there averages, but i guess time will tell if Lens dropped another one [which i recon he has with the 2013 team] or been blindingly brilliant!