British Speedway Forum

I think we have 3 Aces in Mellgren, Garrity and Lykke.

One Joker in Nelson, if he turns up ? If he rides like he finished the 2011 season ?

And 3 that we could shuffle back into the pack ??

Allen looks a bit expensive average wise.

Bunyan needs to start the season on top form and stay there.

Lambert needs to improve fast, whether he can or not I do not know ?

I was fairly happy with team when I first saw it, but now some of the others have declared their teams I am starting to worry about the middle of the team. 3rd heat leader. 2nd strings and one reserve.

Somerset

Edinburgh (if Cooke signs)

Berwick

Leicester

Scunthorpe

and Newcastle all looking fairly strong.

Yes, shows how weak this Rye side is with other sides being announced. Any fool would have made it a priority to have Garrity and Lykke start at reserve, but not dear old Len.

The signing of Lambert is a shocker, but we can't expect anything when Silver says "I don't even look at the points limit". Unreal.

Bottom half side written all over it and anyone who thinks not is deluded looking at other sides.

• Like 4

Yes, shows how weak this Rye side is with other sides being announced. Any fool would have made it a priority to have Garrity and Lykke start at reserve, but not dear old Len.

The signing of Lambert is a shocker, but we can't expect anything when Silver says "I don't even look at the points limit". Unreal.

Bottom half side written all over it and anyone who thinks not is deluded looking at other sides.

Spot on as usual

Edited by Shadders

I bet all the lads in the team are gald to ride for such an apprieciative lot, and put their life on the line each week. How many of you have even had the nerve to get on a speedway bike.

Grow up you clown

If it wasnt for fans paying to watch then these riders wouldnt have a job.

Paying in excess of 15 quid for 15 races the fans have every right to complain

• Like 4

I bet all the lads in the team are gald to ride for such an apprieciative lot, and put their life on the line each week. How many of you have even had the nerve to get on a speedway bike.

How many times have I read posts like this?

Nobody forces them to race, they do it out of choice.

Pinstripe is spot on

If they aren't willing to do it, they could always go and find another job. This is what their job is and they are expected to fill a certain role in whatever their position is, much like I am in my job.

• Like 1

It's more dangerous to cycle through London in the rush hour. That's their choice too

Allen looks a bit expensive average wise.

I don't think Allen will keep his average but as they are 2 points under the limit i don't think that matters!

Is the 2012 world hide & seek champion def coming over next year??

Only about a 100 days till we can open our eyes :party:

I've ridden a speedway bike. This Rye team is rubbish.

I dont think the side is as bad as some think. Allen is a good PL rider. Mellgren is very good & will get better possibly taking the No1 race jacket. Garrity & Nelson have potential to become 3rd heat leaders & are entertaining to watch. Bunyan & Lambert are steady scorers & finished 2012 well. Lykke has bags of potential & is another entertainer. Its a decent young PL side with potential & some exciting riders.

I dont think the side is as bad as some think. Allen is a good PL rider. Mellgren is very good & will get better possibly taking the No1 race jacket. Garrity & Nelson have potential to become 3rd heat leaders & are entertaining to watch. Bunyan & Lambert are steady scorers & finished 2012 well. Lykke has bags of potential & is another entertainer. Its a decent young PL side with potential & some exciting riders.

Which category does Simon Lambert fall into? I think most Rye fans are aggrieved at the 'final' signing knowing full well it could of been a hell of a lot better had Len used the points available.

• Like 1