British Speedway Forum

Which category does Simon Lambert fall into? I think most Rye fans are aggrieved at the 'final' signing knowing full well it could of been a hell of a lot better had Len used the points available.

I think Lambert was dedicated to the team at our time in need. Len has stuck by him. I quite like loyalty so i have no problem with him coming back. He may well stay at reserve all year but he is a decent reserve in the PL. it may be that he fits in with our budget. Theres already plenty complaining about admission fee. I dont disagree with that but the club has to live within its means. I'd much rather have riders committed to our club than a star commanding big wages & leaving as quickly as he arrives or not showing up for meetings. Lets give the team a chance.

• Like 1

I think Lambert was dedicated to the team at our time in need. Len has stuck by him. I quite like loyalty so i have no problem with him coming back. He may well stay at reserve all year but he is a decent reserve in the PL. it may be that he fits in with our budget. Theres already plenty complaining about admission fee. I dont disagree with that but the club has to live within its means. I'd much rather have riders committed to our club than a star commanding big wages & leaving as quickly as he arrives or not showing up for meetings. Lets give the team a chance.

How can you "like" the previous post about Lambert being not the rider Rye should've signed and then post this defending him?????

I'd much rather have riders committed to our club than a star commanding big wages & leaving as quickly as he arrives or not showing up for meetings.

Remind me who this Rye House rider was?

How can you "like" the previous post about Lambert being not the rider Rye should've signed and then post this defending him?????

Only just joined forum & didn't know I had liked the comnent. Must have pressed the wrong part on my phone screen.

I've ridden a speedway bike. This Rye team is rubbish.

I bowled a cricket ball once doesn't make me an expert at picking next years County Championship winners though.

Think this team will do better than some on here are suggesting but what you will get every week is excitement.

When the Rockets were winning by 20/30points each week people were complaining that it was boring now that's not going to happen with this team people are saying they're not good enough. Make up your minds please.

Edited by Cockney Rebel

I bet all the lads in the team are gald to ride for such an apprieciative lot, and put their life on the line each week. How many of you have even had the nerve to get on a speedway bike.

This type of comment is irrelevant. Nobody on this forum questions the bottle, nerve or skill of anybody who straps on a helmet.

But are fans not allowed to criticise any aspect of speedway because they have not sat on a bike? Of course not. Ridiculous logic.

• Like 1

I bowled a cricket ball once doesn't make me an expert at picking next years County Championship winners though.

Think this team will do better than some on here are suggesting but what you will get every week is excitement.

When the Rockets were winning by 20/30points each week people were complaining that it was boring now that's not going to happen with this team people are saying they're not good enough. Make up your minds please.

most fans still want success though, or a chance of it...we all don't go just for the smell... my nanna could have put a better team together than that.....and she's been dead 6 year :)

most fans still want success though, or a chance of it...we all don't go just for the smell... my nanna could have put a better team together than that.....and she's been dead 6 year :)

What really gets me is Silver's statement that he doesn't look at averages when building a team. Really? So Simon Lambert was one of the best seven riders available? Do me a favour!

Garrity starting at reserve was a must, but they even cocked that up!

• Like 1

I think Bunyan and Lambert rode out of their skins at the end of the season to secure their places in the side ,Personally i dont see either maintaining that form over a full season, and have to agree with Shadders having Garrity at reserve at the start of the season would have been a big bonus..The team has to many question marks over it, and could have been stronger using the points available ... Hopefully these riders perform consistantly to the level Len is banking on....some are at least are very entertaining.

Look on the bright side. With the possiblity of Boxall riding for the Spitfires/Invicta/whatever..., at least we will have a seasoned rider in the wings to come into the side if all else fails! lol. Shoot me now. :blink:

Complete and utter rubbish.

When we had a decent side we had riders like Robbo, Ed Kennett, Tai Woffinden, Adam Roynon, Danny King, Davey Watt, Linus Sundstrom etc. All out and out racers and quality riders. No one was bored watching them. The crowd levels between 2003-2007 and the crowd levels now will tell you that you are talking tripe.

• Like 3

Complete and utter rubbish.

When we had a decent side we had riders like Robbo, Ed Kennett, Tai Woffinden, Adam Roynon, Danny King, Davey Watt, Linus Sundstrom etc. All out and out racers and quality riders. No one was bored watching them. The crowd levels between 2003-2007 and the crowd levels now will tell you that you are talking tripe.

Crowds have halved in 4 years. Can't be all down to the economy.

• Like 1

Or X-Factor...

uncle len might be thinking of moving the rockets into central park in a couple of years time! :wink: