British Speedway Forum

I bowled a cricket ball once doesn't make me an expert at picking next years County Championship winners though.

It was quip at someone who asked how many of those saying this team was rubbish had ridden a speedway bike. He seemed to think that made your opinion more valid, I pointed out I'd ridden a speedway bike.

Frankly I think it's a load of rubbish. Theres many people out there who have not done a certain job but still manage people who do perfectly well. Rob Lyon has never ridden a speedway bike but he's not a bad team manager.

I bowled a cricket ball once doesn't make me an expert at picking next years County Championship winners though.

Think this team will do better than some on here are suggesting but what you will get every week is excitement.

When the Rockets were winning by 20/30points each week people were complaining that it was boring now that's not going to happen with this team people are saying they're not good enough. Make up your minds please.

SCB's point about riding a speedway bike is dead right but I agree with your opinion of the team. Allen won't hit his average and the two points left over should hve been used, but Garrity, Lykke, Nelson & Bunyan can improve and Lambert should stay the same at worst. The one who impressed me in 2012 was Mellgren. I thought he was little more than a second string but at the back end of last sesaon he was beating the best.

I think its better than some are making out.

I don't like to criticise other teams, as it can come back and bite you; but , Mellgren apart, this team looks poor. I'll be surprised if they win a point away from Hoddesdon, let alone a victory!

I don't like to criticise other teams, as it can come back and bite you; but , Mellgren apart, this team looks poor. I'll be surprised if they win a point away from Hoddesdon, let alone a victory!

Teethmarks in yer Bum when the Rockets visit your track then Matey. Edited by Oafski

Come on you lot dont be so negative about it all. Give the lads a chance and I hope they surprise all the people on here that are knocking them before a wheel is turned for 2013 season.

I don't believe this team will be anywhere as poor as some have made it out to be. The retained riders from the 2012 season did not compete as a unit prior to the home match against Edinburgh. Beforehand, riders were missing through injury or not signed by then. Therefore, you need to see how they and the team performed from that match and beyond.

There were six fixtures in all, three at home and three away. These resulted in maximum points achieved at home and three away, a draw at Sheffield, and a one point loss at Ipswich. RR was used for the injured Luke Bowen then a selection of guests #1 who scored no more than I would expect of Olly Allen.

Then I worked out the averages for this period:-

Jason Bunyan 7.45

Anders Mellgren 6.79

Jason Garrity 6.13

Simon Lambert 6.00

Kasper Lykke 5.08

If you add Nelson's average of 5.33 brought forward from 2011 and Olly's 9.62 for 2013 then, potentially, the starting line-up equates to 46.40.

All theoretical but you never know.

Edited by tocha
  • Like 1

I don’t get Speedway Star during the winter but I’ve been told in this weeks letter section a few people have disagreed with some stuff Len was saying – anyone know any more as my source is now away until the New Year – thanks. :t:

I would also like to wish everyone on this forum a very Merry Christmas a very prosperous New Year :drink::drink::party:

I don’t get Speedway Star during the winter but I’ve been told in this weeks letter section a few people have disagreed with some stuff Len was saying

Not surprised. Silver's article in the Mercury slagging off some of his own supporters had several errors. I stop short of saying lies, because I'm giving the old boy the benefit of the doubt due to his advancing years.

You'd have thought that a promoter would be trying his hardest to attract new and lapsed supporters to Hoddesdon instead of alienating the hardcore fans that remain.

Edited by Shadders

Ricky Kling signs for Plymouth. I had a hunch we'd sign him on that handy average. Either he didn't fancy us, he was asking for too much, or Silver reckons Simon Lambert is the better option

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

Ricky Kling signs for Plymouth. I had a hunch we'd sign him on that handy average. Either he didn't fancy us, he was asking for too much, or Silver reckons Simon Lambert is the better option

Ah, but you're forgetting that one vital away match (sheffield) where he'll score between 8 and 10 points and that will justify the faith shown in him......nevermind the string of zeros every other match :wink:

Ah, but you're forgetting that one vital away match (sheffield) where he'll score between 8 and 10 points and that will justify the faith shown in him......nevermind the string of zeros every other match :wink:

I don't know if you're old enough to remember the latter half of the 1985 season when we signed Julian Parr from Scunthorpe to replace the injured Rob Woffinden. Parr averaged over 9 points during the last handful of league meetings and looked a real star in the making. Unfortunately the 1986 season saw him average around half that

Edited by Shadders

I don’t get Speedway Star during the winter but I’ve been told in this weeks letter section a few people have disagreed with some stuff Len was saying – anyone know any more as my source is now away until the New Year – thanks. :t:

I would also like to wish everyone on this forum a very Merry Christmas a very prosperous New Year :drink::drink::party:

The article alludes to Len living in the past by thinking and everything in Speedway is Hunky -Dory .Personaly I think Len has lost the plot but he has been in the game along time and survived on his principles,Good Luck to him he will need it IMO.

is nelson out of jail yet, or is he still stuck up that bleeding pole.

Edited by jenga