British Speedway Forum

is nelson out of jail yet, or is he still stuck up that bleeding pole.

Northern humour. Can't beat it!!

is nelson out of jail yet, or is he still stuck up that bleeding pole.

3 wins. Second and a third the other day in a field with some decent PL riders in it. According to BSPA site.

3 wins. Second and a third the other day in a field with some decent PL riders in it. According to BSPA site.

Can't find it. Do you have the link please Bolly?

Cheers Bolly

I see that Nelson is still waiting for a visa. I hope there's a cut off date for his arrival in the UK, so we don't have to go through that whole charade in 2013.

Taken from from www.AustralianSpeedway.com

Motorcycling Australia (MA) is pleased to announce the rider lists for the 2013 Australian Senior Solo Speedway Championships, to be held over three rounds from 5-12 January.

The following riders are seeded for the Championship:

Troy Batchelor SA

Justin Sedgmen VIC

Rohan Tungate NSW

Dakota North VIC

Samuel Masters NSW

Josh Grajczonek QLD

David Watt QLD

Cameron Heeps WA

The following riders will compete at the qualifying event at Gillman Speedway on Friday 4 January for the right to ride in the Championship rounds:

Alex Davies NSW

Kozza Smith NSW

Max Fricke VIC

Tyson Nelson NSW

Cameron Woodward VIC

Jason Doyle NSW

Mason Campton NSW

Taylor Poole NSW

Michael Dyer NSW

Ty Proctor VIC

Jake Anderson VIC

Mark Lemon VIC

Todd Kurtz NSW

Cory Gathercole VIC

Adam Shields NSW

Joey Ringwood NSW

Further info available on www.gillmanspeedway.com

Edited by hooversquash

Tyson Nelson NSW

Two pieces of good news. He's alive and not in jail

• Like 2

Two pieces of good news. He's alive and not in jail

Wonder if they use the tag system in Oz. :D

Wonder if they use the tag system in Oz. :D

He did a good job hiding that shiner behind those massive shades at the 2011 press and practice. He will find a tag a little more difficult to conceal

• Like 1

I don't know if you're old enough to remember the latter half of the 1985 season when we signed Julian Parr from Scunthorpe to replace the injured Rob Woffinden. Parr averaged over 9 points during the last handful of league meetings and looked a real star in the making. Unfortunately the 1986 season saw him average around half that

I am old enough ( i was 9 in 1985 ) but unfortunately I only started watching speedway in 1988, my first meeting was a home 48-48 draw with a Middlesborough side that included Martin Dixon and Mark Fiora if i remember correctly!! back in the old 16 heat NL format!! Jens Rasmussen was our star performer then, Paul woods was out injured and we had Carl Chalcraft and Peter Schroeck at reserve!!!! I became instantly hooked on the sport and couldnt stop going right up to the closure at the end of '93. I came back when it all re-opened, but in the last 2 seasons ive barely attended. Its mainly financial reasons but also as a grown up I find it VERY hard to take the way speedway is run. Its THE most un-proffesional hierachy running it with only their own interests in mind. The rules are over complicated and a joke. Things like the double point tactical ride are SO stupid its beyond belief!! Incredible that supposedly astute, clever people could come up with rules like that!! And to read that there are fans out there that support such ridiculous rules makes me think that speedway will always be a struggling minority sport because no-one will wake up and smell the coffee!!!

I am old enough ( i was 9 in 1985 ) but unfortunately I only started watching speedway in 1988, my first meeting was a home 48-48 draw with a Middlesborough side that included Martin Dixon and Mark Fiora if i remember correctly!! back in the old 16 heat NL format!! Jens Rasmussen was our star performer then, Paul woods was out injured and we had Carl Chalcraft and Peter Schroeck at reserve!!!! I became instantly hooked on the sport and couldnt stop going right up to the closure at the end of '93. I came back when it all re-opened, but in the last 2 seasons ive barely attended. Its mainly financial reasons but also as a grown up I find it VERY hard to take the way speedway is run. Its THE most un-proffesional hierachy running it with only their own interests in mind. The rules are over complicated and a joke. Things like the double point tactical ride are SO stupid its beyond belief!! Incredible that supposedly astute, clever people could come up with rules like that!! And to read that there are fans out there that support such ridiculous rules makes me think that speedway will always be a struggling minority sport because no-one will wake up and smell the coffee!!!

know where you're coming from - (and a happy new year to you as well) - seriously though despite all the stupid rules etc the sport is still about 4 (very brave) people carving each other up for 4 laps and as long as there are people who want to race I will be there to support them

• Like 5

know where you're coming from - (and a happy new year to you as well) - seriously though despite all the stupid rules etc the sport is still about 4 (very brave) people carving each other up for 4 laps and as long as there are people who want to race I will be there to support them

happy new year to you too Sid! Hopefully I'll get along a bit more this season and catch up with you by the startline!! incidentally, do your grandchildren still like to attend? I find it difficult to convince my kids to go any more. You are spot on though, the basic product (4 bikes, 4 laps) is still as fantastic as ever. I'll never fully leave the sport, i love it too much! its in my heart and will always be my favourite sport. I just get down and quite frankly dumbfounded by the ridiculous rules and regulations. Maybe one day i'll be back in a position financially to attend every single meeting (as I always used to), I still subscribe to speedway star and watch it on the t.v. every week. take care Sid and hopefully see you soon!

And I hope to see you both this season. I've fallen into bad habits of staying home/in pub on Saturday nights & reading of what happened on & off the track has not yet convinced me to return on a permanent basis like I used to.

I have missed "the startline crowd" though - good fun chatting to everyone about everything, oh, and jeeering the refs decisions of course!

And I hope to see you both this season. I've fallen into bad habits of staying home/in pub on Saturday nights & reading of what happened on & off the track has not yet convinced me to return on a permanent basis like I used to.

I have missed "the startline crowd" though - good fun chatting to everyone about everything, oh, and jeeering the refs decisions of course!

Come back and join us. It was so bad at times last year I think that Startline Sid and myself were the only two in the stand at a couple of Raiders meetings. This year even if we are not at the very top of the league table we certainly have some exciting young riders in Anders, Tyson, Jason G and Kasper )))