British Speedway Forum

What's on locally on May 11th to put the start time back to 8.00?

Locally is the Hatfield Mountain Bike Ride, which I think will be going down the Lea towpath at Rye House during the late morning and early afternoon ?? And after the millions of competitors and spectators have vacated the area, the late start maybe because of the 5.30pm Kick off for the F A Cup Final, which will most probably involve Spurs :t: Therefore only Shadders will be available to watch the Rockets at 7.00pm as that other North London team will have lost interest in any cup or league competition by this date :D

the late start maybe because of the 5.30pm Kick off for the F A Cup Final, which will most probably involve Spurs :t: Therefore only Shadders will be available to watch the Rockets at 7.00pm as that other North London team will have lost interest in any cup or league competition by this date :D

I've already lost interest!

• Like 1

Locally is the Hatfield Mountain Bike Ride, which I think will be going down the Lea towpath at Rye House during the late morning and early afternoon ?? And after the millions of competitors and spectators have vacated the area, the late start maybe because of the 5.30pm Kick off for the F A Cup Final, which will most probably involve Spurs :t: Therefore only Shadders will be available to watch the Rockets at 7.00pm as that other North London team will have lost interest in any cup or league competition by this date :D

at least you will now have plenty of time to get to the launch pad on may 11th! :wink:

the late start maybe because of the 5.30pm Kick off for the F A Cup Final, which will most probably involve Spurs :t:

:rofl:

• Like 1

I know this is a little early, but does anyone have any idea when the press and practise day is?

I know this is a little early, but does anyone have any idea when the press and practise day is?

Going from previous seasons it'd usually the Friday before the first meeting. In this case 22nd March. Could be way off though!!

Thanks Shadders.

Cant wait untill the season starts, seems like ages since I have seen any speedway, hope its worth the wait.

Thanks Shadders.

Cant wait untill the season starts, seems like ages since I have seen any speedway, hope its worth the wait.

Of course it will be worth the wait. I think we have a team that will be exciting to watch and do far better that the Doom-mongers seem to think they will. Simon Lambert's 11 point haul at Somerset was a good start.
  • Like 1

Oafski

I think your right, this team has lots of potential. Well done to Simon Lambert last Friday.

Its going to be sad to see the rockets line up for the first time in years without Chris Neath in the declared starting 7. Has anyone got any info on how Chris is? Will he ride again?.....LEGEND!!

• Like 1

i can see myself doing at lot less meetings at the launch pad this coming season. the late start due to the loss of the raiders matches and a clash of fixtures with my regular visits down to eastbourne will certainly reduce my total. the shortfall will no doubt be taken up by the new track at kent, so uncle len will still get my money one way or another!