Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Action at the Rye House stadium this morning. Looks like a practice session for the teams. :party: The season approaches. :P

Lets have some more details then !!! Who's there, what do they look like ?? Times etc... Get on top of the multi-storey car park and post some updates. We know you do naff all else when your meant to be at work :rofl:

Lets have some more details then !!! Who's there, what do they look like ?? Times etc... Get on top of the multi-storey car park and post some updates. We know you do naff all else when your meant to be at work :rofl:

Am on 12 days holiday, using up 'last years' surplus. More Info to follow from my man on the inside! If he has sobered up from yesterday!! lol

From all accounts, It was Olly Allen, getting to know the place. Nelson was present, but didn't get on the track. The rest were 'noboddy's' according to Anthony err... my snitch ;)

Edited by hooversquash

They've got enough problems putting together a Rugby team at present without trying to find a speedway rider.

I bet you wish that you hadn't said that :lol:

I can hear the bikes, but its too cold and as I haven't got a car today. I will wait to hear from any nutters that are brave enough to visit and see how the boys are looking this season. Cant decide if I will go to Ipswich on Friday yet, don't suppose it will be any warmer by then ??

I can hear the bikes, but its too cold and as I haven't got a car today. I will wait to hear from any nutters that are brave enough to visit and see how the boys are looking this season. Cant decide if I will go to Ipswich on Friday yet, don't suppose it will be any warmer by then ??

first nutter to quote - quite a few people there today and everyone practiced except Jason B who only flew in this morning but was there for team photo - track looked very good considering everything - hope to see you at Ippo on Friday as I'm sure I wont be the only 'nutter' there (mind you it was freezing cold at the track today)

I have to say I cannot wait for this season to start. I am genuinely more excited about this team than any for a few years. Yes Len could and should have used the full allotment. However Everyone between Ollie and Simon has a realistic prospect of achieving a real time (as opposed to rolling) average of seven plus. Ollie might struggle to hold to his average but he will be an out and out number one. I also think Simon has a real chance to improve at reserve and if he does nt there is the shadow of Luke Stevie Boxall and others at Kent waiting in the wings.

We may take the odd severe beating but I would be surprised if, barring injuries, we are not voted most entertaining team on our travels. Jason G, Anders and The wave of chaos that is Nelson will be worth the ticket money alone and I see all of them being offered double up opportunities as the season goes on. JB looked back to his best at the end of last season and seems to offer loads in terms of team spirit. The big one though may yet be Lykke - if he only he could start.

Some people bemoaned the big wins at home then they moaned at the lack of excitement but credit to Len we have a team full of grit excitement and entertainment.

I can feel a 1979 rites of passage forming.

Come on the Rockets !!!!!

• Like 1

I have to say I cannot wait for this season to start. I am genuinely more excited about this team than any for a few years. Yes Len could and should have used the full allotment. However Everyone between Ollie and Simon has a realistic prospect of achieving a real time (as opposed to rolling) average of seven plus. Ollie might struggle to hold to his average but he will be an out and out number one. I also think Simon has a real chance to improve at reserve and if he does nt there is the shadow of Luke Stevie Boxall and others at Kent waiting in the wings.

We may take the odd severe beating but I would be surprised if, barring injuries, we are not voted most entertaining team on our travels. Jason G, Anders and The wave of chaos that is Nelson will be worth the ticket money alone and I see all of them being offered double up opportunities as the season goes on. JB looked back to his best at the end of last season and seems to offer loads in terms of team spirit. The big one though may yet be Lykke - if he only he could start.

Some people bemoaned the big wins at home then they moaned at the lack of excitement but credit to Len we have a team full of grit excitement and entertainment.

I can feel a 1979 rites of passage forming.

Come on the Rockets !!!!!

I also think this team is going to finish far higher up the League than the Pundits in Speedway Star think they will plus there's the Exciting prospect that Young Jason could well be the England Under 21 Champ as the Icing on the Cake.
  • Like 1

I also think this team is going to finish far higher up the League than the Pundits in Speedway Star think they will plus there's the Exciting prospect that Young Jason could well be the England Under 21 Champ as the Icing on the Cake.

They've made a start by running Ipswich close this afternoon at Foxhall Heath:

http://speedwayupdat...ay&thread=12003

Edited by tocha

It's early days, however there are always going to be short sighted opinions on how the team will do. It's a side packed with potential, give it time over the season and we're really going to blossom. I still fully expect us to be surprising a fair few and making a decent challenge for the play-offs.

I've also put this on today's match thread. Is there and indoor/under cover area at the stadium as I'm thinking of taking an elderly aunt to the meeting today and its a bit cold for her to spend a few hours outside ?

Have sent you a message. Bryn

Has anybody speculated yet on who can/will ride for the Rockets for the short/medium term future as it looks as though Simon and Jason B will be out for a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks for Simon and ??? for Jason B.

Ben Morley

Steve Boxall

Richie Hawkins

Are likely candidates, with

Taylor Poole

Emiliano Sanchez

Jordan Frampton

as longshots

Maybe its time for the return of 'TOMMY ALLEN'

I've got no idea, but I would think that Ben Morley will be in for next weekend with our old mate R/R.

I though Frampton had retired. Sanchez or Poole good choices, need to use points available and get Garrity at reserve.