British Speedway Forum

The bike will need to be faster than the one he was riding for us then Bolly. On the basis that Olly's return is imminent can we keep him, Garrity and Pontus by redeclaring. Once fit that would be some 1-7.

Green sheet averages on BSPA show Rye have already declared with averages showing

Allen 8.77

Melgren7.13

Nelson 5.99

Bunyan 5.73

Garrity 5.35

Asprgen 5.25

Lykke 4.27

Just noticed rye press release showing no Allen Garrity and Nelson this weekend . Grajznek for Allen, Hopwood for Garrity and R/R for Nelson.

The bike will need to be faster than the one he was riding for us then Bolly. On the basis that Olly's return is imminent can we keep him, Garrity and Pontus by redeclaring. Once fit that would be some 1-7.

Already done see BSPA site.

Good news, Pontus at reserve in new averages.

Bad news, Olly had test this morning and is not strong enough to ride yet.

Jason G, if he comes back this weekend I think it will be a bit too soon ?

Nelson has a hand injury picked up last week

Guest News - Honorary Rocket Josh Gracjonek will guest this weekend..

Lets hope we can put a full 1-7 soon.

According to Rye press release on main website Garrity is back for Rye next Saturday against Ipswich at reserve in the new averages.

Does this mean that Pontus has done enough meetings for his average to rise, as at the moment it shows less than Jason's.

Pontus 5.25

Jason 5.35

According to Rye press release on main website Garrity is back for Rye next Saturday against Ipswich at reserve in the new averages.

Does this mean that Pontus has done enough meetings for his average to rise, as at the moment it shows less than Jason's.

Pontus 5.25

Jason 5.35

Your right Ian, unless as you say, there is another GSA average change sheet being issued this week and Pontus will have his new actual average in place ? The list says Jason Garritty in main body and Pontus at reserve. Which is fine by me, give time for Jason to get back to racing fitness.

Your right Ian, unless as you say, there is another GSA average change sheet being issued this week and Pontus will have his new actual average in place ? The list says Jason Garritty in main body and Pontus at reserve. Which is fine by me, give time for Jason to get back to racing fitness.

Agree with you Bolly. Jason at reserve would be a big ask after so long out. The likelihood is that he'd have to take an extra ride to cover Kasper, who's been less than effective, especially away.

He'd be better off at 3 or 4 while he settles in and let Pontus take any extra rides, especially if Jason is feeling his injury during a meeting

I'm not totally convinced he'll be back this weekend anyway.

Edited by Shadders

Pontus stays at reserve which is for the best while JG gets back into the swing of things. Once JG is back and firing if we can get all 7 riders on track each meeting we've got one heck of a team.

• Like 1

Len and John S, still being quoted in todays mercury as saying Jason G will ride at reserve on Saturday.

How does that work then ? Lykke and Aspgren are 2 lowest averages as per the GSA issued last weekend. Yet more GSA's to be issued this week ???

The qualification for a rider on an assessed average to obtain a real average is 4 home/4 away. Having ridden in 6 away meetings, Pontus' 4th home meeting was the Leicester match. The new average takes effect after 7 days.

According to the Rockets' site, his GSA will be 7.09, making him 3rd heat leader.

Edited by Alan_Jones

Len and John S, still being quoted in todays mercury as saying Jason G will ride at reserve on Saturday.

How does that work then ? Lykke and Aspgren are 2 lowest averages as per the GSA issued last weekend. Yet more GSA's to be issued this week ???

I was under the impression that the green sheets were issued once a month and took effect on the 1st day of each month.

I was under the impression that the green sheets were issued once a month and took effect on the 1st day of each month.

different only for assessed riders I think.

Ah that makes sense then, so Garrity will be in at reserve. Whilst it may be a strain on him coming back from injury as I've said before he's not the sort of rider who will be doing a half hearted job so I still think he'll score well.

Ah that makes sense then, so Garrity will be in at reserve. Whilst it may be a strain on him coming back from injury as I've said before he's not the sort of rider who will be doing a half hearted job so I still think he'll score well.

Pretty sure that Len & John would've checked with the BSPA, so no problems there. I'm still not 100% convinced that Jason will ride Saturday. It's a tough one against Ipswich. They're no mugs

If Jason is unfit. Would we still have to operate with a NL substitute?. Normally you are allowed a guest for your top reserve,

If Jason is unfit. Would we still have to operate with a NL substitute?. Normally you are allowed a guest for your top reserve,

I should think the same rule would apply whether he was reserve or in the main 1-5

Isn't there another one of these anomalies that says if an injured rider is declared in a 1-7 and has not ridden since declaration of the team, only an NL guest is allowed ?? No r/r or PL guest ??

Edited by bolly