British Speedway Forum
Eagles4459

Should Tai Woffinden Be In The Gp Next Year?

No disrespect to Tai but he's only a repeat of the rest thats represented Gb thus far......a good couple races, couple bad uns and not qualifying for semi finals. Why keep putting the same names forward for automatic selection.??

Give someone else a blast at it...they couldnt do any worse.

I think the British Final this year was good that it at least proved the younger lads are coming (albeit slowly!) as can be seen by Craig Cooks score (10) and all the finishers above him we've seen already at Cardiff one way or another (actually can't recall did BB get a ride though any year?)...there will be someone on here to correct me though I dont doubt :rofl: :rofl:

They should hold the British Final at Poole. Then none of the riders will have any home advantage to help them.

• Like 4

Simple thought to the OP question is that tai was given his HOME track Again to help him win a british final and still failed so what chance has he got in the GP series..

No disrespect to Tai but he's only a repeat of the rest thats represented Gb thus far......a good couple races, couple bad uns and not qualifying for semi finals. Why keep putting the same names forward for automatic selection.??

Give someone else a blast at it...they couldnt do any worse.

I think the British Final this year was good that it at least proved the younger lads are coming (albeit slowly!) as can be seen by Craig Cooks score (10) and all the finishers above him we've seen already at Cardiff one way or another (actually can't recall did BB get a ride though any year?)...there will be someone on here to correct me though I dont doubt :rofl: :rofl:

How many "blasts" has Tai had at it then ???

tai would be the most unpopular choice with the fans unless you are a wolves fan of course, he has done himself no favours with his attitude and many fans say he is not a likeable person and not a role model for kids,

hardly any of them should be role models for kids with things you hear about them, some of there actions on twiiter and a certain court case that made the news over here earlier this year.

the only speedway rider that could be considered a role model would be Hancock

Better than Ljung, Bjarne, Andersen, Harris & Bjerre .... he will be in NO doubt whatsoever :approve:

What gives you that idea? Bjarne maybe but the others have all beat tai several times in the EL this season home and away.

No Brits.... I think the Wild Cards are pretty much done and dusted already for next year !! Hampel, Vaculik, Darcy Ward ( Although i dont agree he should just get in, Should at least go through the qualifying process ) & Either AJ, Lindback or Michael Jepsen Jensen

• Like 1

No to Woffinden, if he was waring a Aussie race jacket he wouldnt get in behind Crump, Holder and maybe even Ward...They speedway GP's need a british represenative but this is the only reason why Tai would get in!

None of our riders are good enough to qualify out of merit this year!

Should he be in the GP's.

In a word, no. None of the Brits do at this moment.

HOWEVER,

He is easily the best Brit for the job IMO. Highest averaging rider in EL and other leagues, + he has age on his side.

Watching him week in week out I can easily say he is much better than people on here seem to be suggesting. In the Elite League he is bettered by only a handful of riders.

Abroad, his performances this season certainly suggest that he can beat the best regularly.

His Polish Ekstraliga average of 7.06 is fairly good, and his form since he returned from injury would certainly suggest he can do much better than that.

In Sweden, he is 4th in the Averages (although after only 3 meetings) and has proved in that division what he is capable of.

So in short, does he deserve to be in the GP's? NO

Would it be a shocking decision and a calamity if he was chosen? NO

Would he be completely outclassed in the GP's? NO

No Brits.... I think the Wild Cards are pretty much done and dusted already for next year !! Hampel, Vaculik, Darcy Ward ( Although i dont agree he should just get in, Should at least go through the qualifying process ) & Either AJ, Lindback or Michael Jepsen Jensen

Don't forget Iversen who is having a very good season. Third best scorer in Polish Ekstraliga and first in the Swedish Elitserien.

• Like 2

I've spoken to Tai and he's openly said to me (and others) that he would "consider" the SGP IF invited, but only if he had the sponsorship behind him. I think any Brit will incur cost, so it's key to have backing.

Personaly, I'd like to have a British racer in the series, I think without one we'd lose more interest in the sport. The 'top 16' is becoming harder each year, and I've often wondered why they don't allow four more riders in and make it the top 20.

I think they'll become a point when a top talent will be not included because they've limited the series to just 16 riders, Often the GP qualifiers is represented by someone who failed in the series previously.

A lot will depnd on Gorican and the GP qualifier at the end of September. I still cannot beleive that Pavlic gets a wild card for 29th September having already been knocked out and it's on his dad's track. It makes you wonder what logic is applied to running the sport.

How many "blasts" has Tai had at it then ???

How many blasts has he had at the BF too and done nothing??? Tai's been to Cardiff for the "experience" is it 2 or 3 times even though he's had one ride in 2008.....but personally I'd just like to see a different name there, be it Cook or whoever instead of Woffinden,Nicholls, Kennett, Stead, Barker etc as I don't think Tai is a major talent ahead of anyone else and so why should he be given automatic place? Its the same old names riding for Gb, introduce a few of the younger lads and let them have a go.

Same as regards Harris as his form not been great in Gps past few years......lets introduce a bit of new blood, they definately cannot be any worse!!! Will be a pity if not Brit in Gps :neutral:

Edited by emerald tyke

How many blasts has he had at the BF too and done nothing??? Tai's been to Cardiff for the "experience" is it 2 or 3 times even though he's had one ride in 2008.....but personally I'd just like to see a different name there, be it Cook or whoever instead of Woffinden,Nicholls, Kennett, Stead, Barker etc as I don't think Tai is a major talent ahead of anyone else and so why should he be given automatic place? Its the same old names riding for Gb, introduce a few of the younger lads and let them have a go.

Same as regards Harris as his form not been great in Gps past few years......lets introduce a bit of new blood, they definately cannot be any worse!!! Will be a pity if not Brit in Gps :neutral:

Woffinden was in the GP series in 2010, scored 49 points in total. IMO he's still not ready for the GP circuit and would fair no better than Harris.

There are many better and more deserving riders out there worthy of a GP place, unfortunately non of them are Brits, but then we don't have a god given right to have a rider in the GP's, and in all honesty it wouldn't make much difference if we didnt have one at the moment. We'd still get the token Brit for Cardiff, but that's pretty much all we deserve.

• Like 1