British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

I think that a lot of the problem lies in the doubt that the promoters who have the assets, do not think the promoters that want to buy them will fulfill the agreement to pay for the riders in question.

Look at what has happened in the past, Belle Vue alledgedly had agreed to buy Rory Schlein, but renaged on the payments when it didn,t suit them, as they were short of cash and had fell out with the rider. This has happened with other riders and clubs.

I wouldn,t trust any speedway promoter.

That works both ways, what respect did Lynn show Peterborough when they happily shelled out for Schlein but expected NKI to come out on loan for a song, for a third year.

It's not as though the Lynn promotion haven't profited from the asset system themselves, Batchelor and Ward both brought in transfer fees when they moved up.

NKI is fully aware that Peterborough bought him when he first rode for Peterborough, of course it doesn't stop riders from buying themselves out of the asset system if they feel that strongly about it.

Assumptions is only a small word but you seem to use it all the times.

Not knowing the ins and outs of the Schlein deal, I find it hard to relate, that it shows a lack of respect to Peterboro’. You’re jumping to conclusions again.

We all know that NKI wants to ride for Lynn, we all know that Lynn wants NKI to lead their team. We all know that Panthers want to sell him and not loan him out, so surely the most sensible option is to sit round a table a negotiate a deal.

Sitting on your assets, not talking to them, not negotiating, is not the way to solve problems. But time moves on. Soon it will be March. Hopefully then the SCB will step in to solve any issues and common sense will at last prevail....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

Sitting on your assets, not talking to them, not negotiating, is not the way to solve problems.

But it is a lot of assumptions!

• Like 1

Assumptions is only a small word but you seem to use it all the times.

Not knowing the ins and outs of the Schlein deal, I find it hard to relate, that it shows a lack of respect to Peterboro’. You’re jumping to conclusions again.

We all know that NKI wants to ride for Lynn, we all know that Lynn wants NKI to lead their team. We all know that Panthers want to sell him and not loan him out, so surely the most sensible option is to sit round a table a negotiate a deal.

Sitting on your assets, not talking to them, not negotiating, is not the way to solve problems. But time moves on. Soon it will be March. Hopefully then the SCB will step in to solve any issues and common sense will at last prevail....

What deal do you want to see then?

The only deal possible after negotiation is that KL buy him for a lower price. KL clearly have no wish to purchase him having spent their money on a younger rider more likely to up his average and all they'd ask for is another year on loan and loan fees are standard. That wouldn't be 'negotiation' but Peterborough bowing to KL's wishes.

The only deal possible after negotiation is that KL buy him for a lower price. KL clearly have no wish to purchase him having spent their money on a younger rider more likely to up his average and all they'd ask for is another year on loan and loan fees are standard. That wouldn't be 'negotiation' but Peterborough bowing to KL's wishes.

Probably the reason for the stalemate. Lynn won't buy and loan fees are, as you post, set.

Probably the reason for the stalemate. Lynn won't buy and loan fees are, as you post, set.

Interesting quote in SS - Neils talking about going on loan with Lynn buying at the end of the year, if they dont follow thru he will revert back to being a Panthers asset.

So just a loan then :blink:

Interesting quote in SS - Neils talking about going on loan with Lynn buying at the end of the year, if they dont follow thru he will revert back to being a Panthers asset.

To be honest I will be surprised if it isn't.

Yes, whichever way it's dressed up. Why would KL pay up a transfer fee next year if they don't want to pay one now?

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

Yes, whichever way it's dressed up. Why would KL pay up a transfer fee next year if they don't want to pay one now?

Cashflow?

Cashflow?

They had the opportunity this time. They went for Rooboy instead.

• Like 2

Why not negotiate the purchasel NOW, and pay the first part of that deal now (just like they would a loan fee) and the rest to follow, as part of that planned deal........ As the meerkat says..... 'SIMPLES'

Why is everything made out to be so difficult...

You seem to have all the answers;

No doubt, you would always pay the said price, and not haggle it down. Negotiation is a two way thing doing a deal that suits both parties.

And that quote about doing the Rory deal because he's younger, yeah, a full 18 months younger, You think that age difference is relevant ?

Rory's a good purchase, but he's not in NKI class......

Why not negotiate the purchasel NOW, and pay the first part of that deal now (just like they would a loan fee) and the rest to follow, as part of that planned deal........ As the meerkat says..... 'SIMPLES'

Why is everything made out to be so difficult...

You seem to have all the answers;

No doubt, you would always pay the said price, and not haggle it down. Negotiation is a two way thing doing a deal that suits both parties.

And that quote about doing the Rory deal because he's younger, yeah, a full 18 months younger, You think that age difference is relevant ?

Rory's a good purchase, but he's not in NKI class......

Such a deal as you suggest could well have been discussed and knocked back by Peterborough just as it may well have been knocked back by KL who seem to only want a loan deal for Puk. As to why, if that is the case, is anybody's guess - I've posted my suggestion.

And there's over two years difference between their ages. Maybe an insignificant difference in your eyes but it might be in your club's management's view. I'd also suggest the likelihood of an improved average could come into it as well as the riders' wishes - Rory would ride for several clubs whereas Puk 'only wants to ride for Stars'. Make the possibility an asset and loan the cert!

I would have thought buying the rider you've utilised for two years and loaning the new lad to be the way to go - unless you have ulterior motives.

Such a deal as you suggest could well have been discussed and knocked back by Peterborough just as it may well have been knocked back by KL who seem to only want a loan deal for Puk. As to why, if that is the case, is anybody's guess - I've posted my suggestion.

And there's over two years difference between their ages. Maybe an insignificant difference in your eyes but it might be in your club's management's view. I'd also suggest the likelihood of an improved average could come into it as well as the riders' wishes - Rory would ride for several clubs whereas Puk 'only wants to ride for Stars'. Make the possibility an asset and loan the cert!

I would have thought buying the rider you've utilised for two years and loaning the new lad to be the way to go - unless you have ulterior motives.

They obviously cant afford to buy NKI now they have bought Rory. I have little doubt he will ride for Lynn this year, maybe with the promise of buying him for 2014. The sooner the transfer system is replaced the better. Domestic speedway cant afford this system, 2yr fixed contracts are the way to go.

They obviously cant afford to buy NKI now they have bought Rory. I have little doubt he will ride for Lynn this year, maybe with the promise of buying him for 2014. The sooner the transfer system is replaced the better. Domestic speedway cant afford this system, 2yr fixed contracts are the way to go.

Can't disagree that the system needs changing but until it is changed the present system, such as it is, should be seen to be adhered to.

• Like 2