British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

Well that puts the record straight, it seems like some clubs are meeting riders in dark alleyways, doing dodgy deals. This shows a complete lack of respect for the rules and regulations.

Excellent statement and undoubtedly the closest to the actual truth to date!! :t:

Well that puts the record straight, it seems like some clubs are meeting riders in dark alleyways, doing dodgy deals. This shows a complete lack of respect for the rules and regulations.

...and for/to fellow promoters!!

Can't really comment on the Schlein situation as I only know what has been said in the article, but in terms of Puk, Hans and Troy there's no need for 'dark alleyways' as they were all on loan at the clubs who want them back and its naive to think that all three wouldn't have had a casual conversation about the possibility of returning the next year. Not saying its necessarily right but it must happen every year with every club who has a rider on loan that they'd like back the next season.

As far as getting Puk on loan again goes it seems bizarre that Brum are reportedly being made to buy Barker and Swindon Batch yet Lynn can have Iversen on loan again. I think I'd feel hard done by if I were the P'boro promoter. If the loan is going to lead to Puk being purchased at the end of the season then fair enough but there seems to be a lack of consistency.

• Like 3

Can't really comment on the Schlein situation as I only know what has been said in the article, but in terms of Puk, Hans and Troy there's no need for 'dark alleyways' as they were all on loan at the clubs who want them back and its naive to think that all three wouldn't have had a casual conversation about the possibility of returning the next year. Not saying its necessarily right but it must happen every year with every club who has a rider on loan that they'd like back the next season.

As far as getting Puk on loan again goes it seems bizarre that Brum are reportedly being made to buy Barker and Swindon Batch yet Lynn can have Iversen on loan again. I think I'd feel hard done by if I were the P'boro promoter. If the loan is going to lead to Puk being purchased at the end of the season then fair enough but there seems to be a lack of consistency.

Spot on. Also why havent the BSPA published there rulings it would save some of the mud slinging from one promotor to another.

Spot on. Also why havent the BSPA published there rulings it would save some of the mud slinging from one promotor to another.

Good question, and the answer is because that's how the BSPA operate and always have done.

• Like 4

A casual conversation is fair enough, but two of these riders announced they had done deals with clubs before P'boro had been approached for permission. This is more than a casual chat, it is a breach of regulations. Batch announced his deal on Twitter and Swindon told him to delete it asap.

So it seems Bjerre is 5th choice!!

Great way to motivate your likely No1.

Go on Kenny say no as well!!

• Like 3

Pboro Managment have 0 motivation skills if I was kenny I'd sign for Belle Vue Hans and Batch to Swindon Puk to Lynn and stick two fingers up to the Pboro Managment they are playing a very dangerous game and could end up without a no1

• Like 3

Pboro Managment have 0 motivation skills if I was kenny I'd sign for Belle Vue Hans and Batch to Swindon Puk to Lynn and stick two fingers up to the Pboro Managment they are playing a very dangerous game and could end up without a no1

Well so far they have managed to motivate 4 riders to sign, remind me how are Belle Vue doing.

Just playing by the rules. I would think Lynn are more likely to end up without a number 1 than panthers.

I think you are right, but 'hard done by' is a minor understatement. Total disbelief and serious anger would be closer.

How on earth can that be justified ?

Having read the statement, I didn't see alot of negotiating going on there, it was more like, do as we say or else.......

The BSPA rules have never been consistant, and probably, where assets are concerned, 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'

• Like 1

Having read the statement, I didn't see alot of negotiating going on there, it was more like, do as we say or else.......

The BSPA rules have never been consistant, and probably, where assets are concerned, 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'

Must admit i find a lot of the statement inconsistent.

Not stopping assets riding in the UK, yet then say they want the rules to be adhered to (so stopping rider movement in the process).

Hans has turned them down twice - yet his own remarks say it was a derisory offer and a `token` offer in his eyes.

Obviously Neils, Troy and Hans are Panthers assets. However would it be unlikely they and Swindon/Kings Lynn not ask the riders their plans for next season?

Obviously they can`t do direct deals with the riders, but it seems clear all 3 riders want to ride elsewhere other than their parent club.

Peterborough have every right to ask that those clubs SHOULD sign them on full transfers. But to prevent from signing (even if just on loan) IS stopping their riders sorting their 2013 UK seasons.

Still, at least Peterborough have spelt their intent quite clearly. Won`t stop me from believing it is still an inconsistent press release.

So, the saga continues!

Hans has turned them down twice - yet his own remarks say it was a derisory offer and a `token` offer in his eyes.

have you a link ???

Alot of people are missing the point here. Boro planned to include both Hans and KJB this year, but rule changes put paid to that. NO ONE knows what offers Hans was made, apart from the two parties involved. P'boro have signed riders observing the rules and regulations, its a shame other teams cannot do the same. Poole and Lakeside have assembled teams in the proper manner, it can be done ! Anyone who believes Bjerre has been kept in the dark about his place is seriously deluded. His place has never been in question, apart from the speculators on here who comment without having the facts.