British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

have you a link ???

Speedway Star Dec 22nd issue.

Alot of people are missing the point here. Boro planned to include both Hans and KJB this year, but rule changes put paid to that. NO ONE knows what offers Hans was made, apart from the two parties involved.

Were they? Thought it was harris that was wanted as heat leader??

It's been said, can you prove it didn't happen?

:rolleyes:

Ask him! I haven't spoken to him since he went back to Oz.

so at no point has anybody from Swindon Speedway had any contact with Batch regarding a deal to ride for them in 2013?
  • Like 1

I don't see anything revel ant there?

"Does not see the point in negotiating with a club he feels isn`t genuinely interested in signing him"

"Was asked to send them my demands ........ had the impression the team was already picked"

"Approached by Coventry, had permission to speak, gave the impression the Peterborough team is already sorted"

"They sent something through, they playing silly bug*ers, i havent got involved though"

"another season loan to Swindon is my first choice"

Must have read the `derisory` comment somewhere else.

You want Troy, buy him back. You want Hans, buy him. Simple, job done. Or....is it a case of Swindon knowing that Troy is likely to throw a wobbly at some stage and want away again, as he regulary does. Rules and regulations exist for a reason chaps.

You want Troy, buy him back. You want Hans, buy him. Simple, job done. Or....is it a case of Swindon knowing that Troy is likely to throw a wobbly at some stage and want away again, as he regulary does. Rules and regulations exist for a reason chaps.

They do, and get exploited time and time again. cough cough POOLE. :P

• Like 2

It is very convenient to quote rules and regulations when it suits. How about answering my question in post #1299 (on the previous page). Just as a reminder it's "Talking about rules - the rules say that if you don't want to use a rider then the club that he was out on loan to has first refusal. So why were Coventry given permission to speak to Hans and not Swindon? :rolleyes: "

Not so much the bastions of virtue that you have been painting eh? Rules and regulations exist for a reason :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

I seem to remember the winter Frost and Sandu threw there wobbly Troy didn't seek another club but your no 1 kenneth NKI Hans all did Troy stuck with Pboro only to be dumped last season so can understand Troy not being too happy can't you ?

It is very convenient to quote rules and regulations when it suits. How about answering my question in post #1299 (on the previous page). Just as a reminder it's "Talking about rules - the rules say that if you don't want to use a rider then the club that he was out on loan to has first refusal. So why were Coventry given permission to speak to Hans and not Swindon? :rolleyes: "

Not so much the bastions of virtue that you have been painting eh? Rules and regulations exist for a reason :rolleyes:

Where have Peterborough said that they don't want to use these riders? I thought that we'd released a list of riders we're not going to use and therefore any assets not on that list may be under consideration. Perhaps the BSPA guidelines (won't call them rules as those are usually clear and adhered too) can be interpreted to suit in such circumstances, let's face it many can? I see from Andersen's Twitter that he's having a good time in the States so not too fussed about it all by the looks of it.

edit - although just seen on the Swindon thread a better answer to your question!

Edited by Crump99

They do, and get exploited time and time again. cough cough POOLE. :P

Quite :approve: and with very little consistency it seems. :angry:

• Like 1

I seem to remember the winter Frost and Sandu threw there wobbly Troy didn't seek another club but your no 1 kenneth NKI Hans all did Troy stuck with Pboro only to be dumped last season so can understand Troy not being too happy can't you ?

Clearly you dont have much experience of Troy Batchelor, bearing in mind his attitude and personality I was surprised he lasted 2 years at Peterborough.

I think Coventry were allowed to talk to Hans because originally we were the only club willing to buy him at a price Peterborough accepted. Obviously now it seems Swindon are happy to buy him so now they just have to agree a fee.

You must have missed this:

PANTHERS owner Rick Frost insists he would not have dreamed of standing in the way of any Peterborough riders who wanted to move on during the winter. Several members of the Peterborough stable of assets joined other clubs while Panthers’ future was in balance during a winter-long feud with the authorities.

The most notable departures were 2010 number one Kenneth Bjerre and skipper Niels Kristian Iversen who are both lining up less than an hour away at top-flight newcomers King’s Lynn this year. Frost said: “We have seen a lot of our assets move and we were sorry to see them go, but there is no way we could have stood in their way in case we had to sit out the season (how inconsiderate).“We owed it to loyal Peterborough servants like Kenneth and Niels to allow them to secure their own futures, (19/3/2011)

As for Batchelor, he did allegedly hang around so fair play: "Batchelor has been praised to the hilt by Panthers bosses for the loyalty he displayed during the sport’s winter of discontent. At least two other Elite League clubs attempted to capture him, but he shunned their advances. Batchelor continued: “King’s Lynn and Birmingham both rang me and said they were moving up to the Elite League, but I decided to hold off and wait on Peterborough." (Peterborough today I assume?)

I do hope that those clubs asked for permission to speak to him?

You must have missed this:

PANTHERS owner Rick Frost insists he would not have dreamed of standing in the way of any Peterborough riders who wanted to move on during the winter. Several members of the Peterborough stable of assets joined other clubs while Panthers’ future was in balance during a winter-long feud with the authorities.

The most notable departures were 2010 number one Kenneth Bjerre and skipper Niels Kristian Iversen who are both lining up less than an hour away at top-flight newcomers King’s Lynn this year. Frost said: “We have seen a lot of our assets move and we were sorry to see them go, but there is no way we could have stood in their way in case we had to sit out the season (how inconsiderate).“We owed it to loyal Peterborough servants like Kenneth and Niels to allow them to secure their own futures, (19/3/2011)

As for Batchelor, he did allegedly hang around so fair play: "Batchelor has been praised to the hilt by Panthers bosses for the loyalty he displayed during the sport’s winter of discontent. At least two other Elite League clubs attempted to capture him, but he shunned their advances. Batchelor continued: “King’s Lynn and Birmingham both rang me and said they were moving up to the Elite League, but I decided to hold off and wait on Peterborough." (Peterborough today I assume?)

I do hope that those clubs asked for permission to speak to him?

so if you thought you was going to lose your job you'd ask your employer can I seek another job ? Yer right oh . Troy stayed loyal to Pboro only to be dropped on the following season . Edited by Haza

If we want speedway to be taken seriously as a big sport in the same way football is then rules must be followed.

In football if you have a player and he no longer wants to play for you but wants to go elsewhere, then the other team has to buy him. Why are clubs trying to make it so complicated in speedway?