British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

so if you thought you was going to lose your job you'd ask your employer can I seek another job ? Yer right oh . Troy stayed loyal to Pboro only to be dropped on the following season .

He allegedly decided to hold on thinking we'd run. I'm sure that he'd have been off if had had serious doubts or received a financial package which met his inflated estimation of his talents:

Batchelor continued: “King’s Lynn and Birmingham both rang me and said they were moving up to the Elite League, but I decided to hold off and wait on Peterborough.“Graham Drury (the team manager of Birmingham) told me that he thought I would be left with egg on my face for doing that, but basically I didn’t really want to ride anywhere else. No other track is prepared as well as the Showground is.” (www.peterboroughtoday 21/4/11)

Edited by Crump99

If we want speedway to be taken seriously as a big sport in the same way football is then rules must be followed.

In football if you have a player and he no longer wants to play for you but wants to go elsewhere, then the other team has to buy him. Why are clubs trying to make it so complicated in speedway?

Or they let their contract expire and leave on a free.

so if you thought you was going to lose your job you'd ask your employer can I seek another job ? Yer right oh . Troy stayed loyal to Pboro only to be dropped on the following season .

I'm sure there's something in the back of the old brain reminding me of some sort of hassle regarding Batch last year. Didn't Peterborough try to contact him throughout half the close season without success?

• Like 2

He allegedly decided to hold on thinking we'd run. I'm sure that he'd have been off if had had serious doubts or received a financial package which met his inflated estimation of his talents:

Batchelor continued: “King’s Lynn and Birmingham both rang me and said they were moving up to the Elite League, but I decided to hold off and wait on Peterborough.“Graham Drury (the team manager of Birmingham) told me that he thought I would be left with egg on my face for doing that, but basically I didn’t really want to ride anywhere else. No other track is prepared as well as the Showground is.” (www.peterboroughtoday 21/4/11)

lol the bit about no other track prepared as well as the Showground lol I,m sure Kenneth would agree with that statement lol perhaps the Showground track staff has changed since Troy said that ?

lol the bit about no other track prepared as well as the Showground lol I,m sure Kenneth would agree with that statement lol perhaps the Showground track staff has changed since Troy said that ?

Slightly drifting from the point here I feel? So back to why the oik might not have been a priority for the following season despite his noted loyalty - this decision was a big factor in Panthers not making the play-offs IMO and despite it all being good natured and allegedly to plan one can imagine Batch being his usual diplomatic self http://www.peterboro...-aces-1-2749055

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

If we want speedway to be taken seriously as a big sport in the same way football is then rules must be followed.

In football if you have a player and he no longer wants to play for you but wants to go elsewhere, then the other team has to buy him. Why are clubs trying to make it so complicated in speedway?

But in football they have a set contract period and can leave for free when it expires. If a player doesn't want to play for a team and no one wants to purchase them then that player will often rot in the reserves.

Loans are also a common occurrence don't forget and if a team do not have the financial clout to purchase a player then a loan deal (used more so by lower league clubs) is preferred.

Many Championship teams have gained promotion through the use of the loan system.

But in football they have a set contract period and can leave for free when it expires. If a player doesn't want to play for a team and no one wants to purchase them then that player will often rot in the reserves.

Loans are also a common occurrence don't forget and if a team do not have the financial clout to purchase a player then a loan deal (used more so by lower league clubs) is preferred.

Many Championship teams have gained promotion through the use of the loan system.

I'm sure I've read this somewhere before!!! :wink:

Yes, but Swindon are not a championship side, they are elite lge champions. Your top two riders are available to purchase, so stop bickering and buy them. Perhaps Mr Frost wishes to purchase another asset, maybe Kenni Larsen, he is entitled to sell some that want away.

Yes, but Swindon are not a championship side, they are elite lge champions. Your top two riders are available to purchase, so stop bickering and buy them. Perhaps Mr Frost wishes to purchase another asset, maybe Kenni Larsen, he is entitled to sell some that want away.

Firstly, I'm not a Swindon fan.

Secondly get of your horse, my example of a Championship Football team relates to the loan comparison between the two sports which was being used previously by other posters.

I'm sure I've read this somewhere before!!! :wink:

:D

Edited by Mini Jack

is Larsen on a loan basis or has he been brought?

Or they let their contract expire and leave on a free.

maybe this is what the BSPA need to look at. maybe having a length to the asset contract

is Larsen on a loan basis or has he been brought?

maybe this is what the BSPA need to look at. maybe having a length to the asset contract

On a loan from Newcastle, permission asked, granted and deal done.

Peterborough have done it the right way, causing no fuss.

going to miss Kenni at Coventry :( wish him lots of luck with the Panthers, very dedicated rider

• Like 1

peterborough dont do anything without a fuss then when they cant get their own way they threaten to withdraw from the league

• Like 1

Peterborough have done it the right way, causing no fuss.

going to miss Kenni at Coventry :( wish him lots of luck with the Panthers, very dedicated rider

I was very suprised he was not in the Bee's plans for this year, he certainly has the potential to increase his average.

Easy isn't it?