British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

peterborough dont do anything without a fuss then when they cant get their own way they threaten to withdraw from the league

You'll have to remind me when this happened. I do recall an attempt to close them down because they never went back to a session at the AGM a couple of years back ( along with another club) and I remember reading that a few more fans per meeting would be beneficial to the future of the club but I can't remember any 'give us what we want or we quit' scenarios.

On a loan from Newcastle, permission asked, granted and deal done.

Easy isn't it?

it is when the club you are dealing with isn't playing silly buggers. Had Newcastle said "No, buy him or go away" would it have been so easy?

Swindon asked for permission to talk to the riders, and are still waiting for a reply.

So in response Peterborough decide that they will offer them contracts (knowing that they don't really want them in their team), to try & force Swindon into buying them.

After the Miedzinski saga last season I'm sure you can understand why Swindon don't see the need to buy both riders, having made an offer for Hans.

• Like 2

So in response Peterborough decide that they will offer them contracts (knowing that they don't really want them in their team), to try & force Swindon into buying them.

Perhaps Kenneth Bjerre, Linus Sundstrom, Hans Andersen, Troy Batchelor, Neils Iversen et al, should all accept the Peterborough contracts and sue them for breach of contract when Peterborough can't fulfill them?

• Like 2

Perhaps Kenneth Bjerre, Linus Sundstrom, Hans Andersen, Troy Batchelor, Neils Iversen et al, should all accept the Peterborough contracts and sue them for breach of contract when Peterborough can't fulfill them?

Very childish comment, what have Bjerre and Sundstrom got to do with it. Tell me, why dont Swindon buy them, or do you think P'boro exist to provide riders for Swindon after investing in those riders.
  • Like 2

Very childish comment, what have Bjerre and Sundstrom got to do with it. Tell me, why dont Swindon buy them, or do you think P'boro exist to provide riders for Swindon after investing in those riders.

Why don't Peterborough let them go out on loan and rake in the loan fees? If he doesn't intend on using them, only he will end up losing out (other than the riders of course).

Rick can see that the asset system looks to be coming to an end so is trying to cash in before he may be left out of pocket. Thing is, Speedway is in such a financial state that clubs just cannot afford to splash the cash anymore.

• Like 1

What have Bjerre and Sundstrom got to do with it.

erm...keep up...They're Peterborough assets. Seems Peterborough have offered contracts to at least 5 riders of which they can only accommodate 2. I'm questioning why someone would do this and how they would fulfill the contracts if all the riders accepted.

By your pathetic reply, I guess you don't know the answer.

• Like 1

Why don't Peterborough let them go out on loan and rake in the loan fees? If he doesn't intend on using them, only he will end up losing out (other than the riders of course).

Rick can see that the asset system looks to be coming to an end so is trying to cash in before he may be left out of pocket. Thing is, Speedway is in such a financial state that clubs just cannot afford to splash the cash anymore.

What evidence is there for this?

A virtually asset-less club moaning they can't have a rider they illegally approached isn't going to influence those promoters that do have assets or the lower league clubs that make a quid or two when there assets move to Elite and it's promoters that will decide any future operations. I really can't see a rider challenging the 'system' through any courts anytime soon.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

peterborough dont do anything without a fuss then when they cant get their own way they threaten to withdraw from the league

Reminds me of "Move on Martin" on Talksport!

What evidence is there for this?

A virtually asset-less club moaning they can't have a rider they illegally approached isn't going to influence those promoters that do have assets or the lower league clubs that make a quid or two when there assets move to Elite and it's promoters that will decide any future operations. I really can't see a rider challenging the 'system' anytime soon.

It is plainly obvious that the asset system should come to an end. We could have this situation every winter otherwise.

We are the only country to use it and it is flawed to high heaven. Talk of riders being prevented from earning and riders taking the asset system to the courts.

NKI has called (and isn't the only one) for the asset system to cease. He says that it would be difficult to just scrap it due to clubs having invested heavily.

However riders shouldn't be owned for life (which it seems at the moment until they retire or ate bought), they should have a fixed term contract like they do in Sweden, Poland etc. when this contract ends they are free to ride for and be paid by another club. It is then the riders choice/fault as to the contract length.

My employment either ends when my contract ends or is extended if and when I agree to the terms presented by my bosses. If I wanted to leave at the end if my contract, my bosses would be powerless to stop me, regardless of whether they wish to utilise my services any further.

What is so different, just because this is Speedway?

Edited by Mini Jack
  • Like 1

It is plainly obvious that the asset system should come to an end. We could have this situation every winter otherwise.

We are the only country to use it and it is flawed to high heaven. Talk of riders being prevented from warning and riders taking the asset system to the courts.

NKI has called (and isn't the only one) for the asset system to cease. He says that it would be difficult to just scrap it due to clubs having invested heavily.

However riders shouldn't be owned for life (which it seems at the moment until they retire or ate bought), they should have a fixed term contract like they do in Sweden, Poland etc. when this contract ends they are free to ride for and be paid by another club. It is then the riders choice/fault as to the contract length.

My employment either ends when my contract ends or is extended if and when I agree to the terms presented by my bosses. If I wanted to leave at the end if my contract, my bosses would be powerless to stop me, regardless of whether they wish to utilise my services any further.

What is so different, just because this is Speedway?

Yeah, ok. That's your opinion and it's shared by many others (including myself, as it happens). However, it's the promoters that decide the rules and I've yet to see one complaining about the system per se and one of the moment's biggest moaners was quite happy to go along with it recently by actually shelling out to make a rider an asset and quite happily pocketed probably a British record a few years ago when selling a rider.

They're the ones that will decide if it's to be changed.

• Like 1

Why don't Peterborough let them go out on loan and rake in the loan fees?

Firstly because we haven't announced our side yet, secondly because we're probably fed up with teams getting success using our riders (and yes I accept that some of that is our own fault.) and finally we may want to clear some of the deadwood, hence put up or shut up!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

lets stick to facts, well press releases puk has never been offered a contract for 2013, niether has batch, hans has,sundstroms signed, we're guessing bjerre has

I think if I was the Peterboro promotion or a fan, I'd want to know just why so many of their assets want to ride elsewhere!!!! :neutral:

Quite a long list of them now. :unsure:

• Like 2

Then why did Swindon have to loan Miedzinski to Poole when they wanted to sell him?.

• Like 1

lets stick to facts, well press releases

:D

Quite a long list of them now. :unsure:

Just refresh our memory on the list :t: