British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
clutchplate

Sittingbourne Sunday 9th September - British Under 16 Championship Final Round

ROUND 6 (FINAL) @ Sittingbourne

Sunday September 9, 2012

Sittingbourne Speedway are hosting the final round of the British Under 16 Championship on Sunday 9th September. Midday start

500cc, 250cc and 125cc support

Spectator admission is by Sittingbourne Speedway Club Day Membership only @ £5

Day memberships will be available at the entrance

Edited by clutchplate
  • Like 1

Following last years terrific staging of this event, I must say that I'm looking forward to this more than any other speedway meeting I've seen in 2012.

Lets hope the public gives it the support it deserves, and that we are blessed with a nice sunny day, cos the wind and rain doesn't half blow across the Thames there.

• Like 2

Yes the Club are looking forward to this event our big meeting of the year, we do enjoy seeing the stars of the future in action and are very proud and indeed privileged to be holding the final round in what should be a very hotly contested meeting. Good luck to all those taking part we hope you will enjoy your day.

• Like 1

No weather problems on the horizon for this one, and work going on all week to make the meeting special for the lads taking part, looking forward to it.

Trisha Bridger will be in attendance with Her new book ' Speedway ' in aid of the RICO fund.

FANTASTIC JOURNEY (KIng's Lynn to Iwade in under 2.5 hours), FANTASTIC WEATHER and a FANTASTIC SHOW PUT ON BY THE KIDS OF TOMORROW.

FREE PARKING, FREE SEATING IN EITHER OF THE HOME STRAIGHT GRANDSTANDS ;) THIRTEEN RAFFLE PRIZES, A FREE SHOW OF SPEEDWAY BIKES AND RACEJACKETS FROM DAYS GONE-BY and all for jusy £5 plus £1 a full coloured programme.

Where else can you get such value for money (the meeting consisted of 34 races). On top of all that, there was a lovely vegetable garden that contained runner beans and potatoes around the referee's box. Can you believe a referee (Christina Turnbull) who showed commonsense by allowing riders back into re-runs that had fallen. An announcer that looked completely disorientated because he'd had to get out of bed the wrong side of lunch time. A Peterborough fan (SM) wandering around looking for any souvenirs (IS THAT SPELT CORRECTLY??) he could acquire, and lokking particularly pleased with a framed photo. Yep, all that for a fiver!!

Suppose I'd better give you the results.

500cc CHAMPIONSHIP

Adam Ellis (3-3-3-EF) = 9

Danno Verge (3-3-3-2) = 11

Jack Jones (0-1-0-0) = 1

Ben Harrison (1-EF-0-2) = 3

Connor Mountain (2-2-2-1) = 7

Josh Bailey (2-2-1-1) = 6

Nathan Greaves (2-3-EF-2) = 7

Daniel Phillips (1-1-3-3) = 8

FINAL: Nathan Greaves, Adam Ellis, Daniel Phillips, Danno Verge

250cc BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIP

Nathan Greaves (3-3-3-3) = 12

Reece Downes (2-3-3-3) = 11

Saul Bulley (0-1-0-2) = 3

Mitchell Beckett (0-2-2-2) = 6

Kelsey Dugard (1-F-2-3) = 6

Lewis Whitmore (1-2-1-2) = 6

FINAL: Nathan Greaves, Reece Downes, Kelsey Dugard, Mitchell Beckett

125cc SUPPORT RACES

Henry Atkins (3-D-2-2) = 7

Saul Bulley (EF) = 0

Jamie Halder (1-1-2-2) = 6

Daniel Gilkes (2-3-3-3) = 11

Chad Wirtzfeld (1-2-1-1) = 5

Luke Woodhull (2-0-F-3) = 5

Tom Brennan (3-FD) = 3 Best wishes to Tom who was taken to hospital, hope your injuries are not serious.

Harry Jones (2-2-2-1) = 7

Macauley Leek (FD-2-1-3) = 6

Ben Woodhull (3-2-3-3) = 11

Jack P Blackburn (2-3-3-2) = 10

Lewis Whitmore (1-3-3-1) = 8

FINAL: Daniel Gilkes, Jack P Blackburn, Ben Woodhull, Lewis Whitmore

Amongst the celebrities in attendance and FREELY mixing with the public, were Bob (I love my fags) Dugard, Martin Dugard, George Barclay, Barry Thomas, Aaron Baseby and of course the completely disorientated announcer.

Fantastic Sittingbourne (Iwade), brilliant day out.

Mimmo wrote: "Where else can you get such value for money (the meeting consisted of 34 races). On top of all that, there was a lovely vegetable garden that contained runner beans and potatoes around the referee's box. Can you believe a referee (Christina Turnbull) who showed commonsense by allowing riders back into re-runs that had fallen. An announcer that looked completely disorientated because he'd had to get out of bed the wrong side of lunch time. A Peterborough fan (SM) wandering around looking for any souvenirs (IS THAT SPELT CORRECTLY??) he could acquire, and lokking particularly pleased with a framed photo. Yep, all that for a fiver!!"

The announcer is allergic to mornings I'm afraid to say and the proggie was a tad complicated for him in his 'trying to wake up' condition he freely concedes!; The veggie patch was bereft of horse manure unlike the last time the announcer was there thank goodness; The Peterborough fan I feel sure doesn't spell 'looking' that way I'm sure AND Mr Morosely... er well I'll tell you another time BUT it WAS a great day and well done to ALL who took part in whatever capacity or indeed attended.

And indeed let's hope Tom Brennan's hospital trip revealed no lasting injury of any nature.

Edited by Bryn

Mimmo wrote: "Where else can you get such value for money (the meeting consisted of 34 races). On top of all that, there was a lovely vegetable garden that contained runner beans and potatoes around the referee's box. Can you believe a referee (Christina Turnbull) who showed commonsense by allowing riders back into re-runs that had fallen. An announcer that looked completely disorientated because he'd had to get out of bed the wrong side of lunch time. A Peterborough fan (SM) wandering around looking for any souvenirs (IS THAT SPELT CORRECTLY??) he could acquire, and lokking particularly pleased with a framed photo. Yep, all that for a fiver!!"

The announcer is allergic to mornings I'm afraid to say and the proggie was a tad complicated for him in his 'trying to wake up' condition he freely concedes!; The veggie patch was bereft of horse manure unlike the last time the announcer was there thank goodness; The Peterborough fan I feel sure doesn't spell 'looking' that way I'm sure AND Mr Morosely... er well I'll tell you another time BUT it WAS a great day and well done to ALL who took part in whatever capacity or indeed attended.

And indeed let's hope Tom Brennan's hospital trip revealed no lasting injury of any nature.

Oh deer, Eye'm afrayed eye did spott the 'Looking' errer, but ittt waz two laight tow doo anyfing abowt itt.

Nite, Nite xx

Has there been any news on the condition of Tom Brennan following his trip to hospital on Sunday?

Do hope all is okay.

Does anyone have full final standings for season 2012 ?