British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Rye House V Ipswich (pl)... 1st September @ 6pm

That was a 6-0 to Newport in heat 15... :wink::lol::P

Well done Ipswich a good team effort, best team won.

From a Rye perspective a poor night, Jason D and Anders aside - there was not much to shout about.

Missing Garrity's bite and passion, Ben looks good for the Raiders but not on the same page for the Rockets. Lambert just looks lost and unstable, to be fair he got smoother as the meeting progressed but never really threatened - doesn't look the real deal.

Kasper had impressed me in previous meetings but tonight he looked very ordinary, still poor gating but tonight no pace either. Previously he caught others up from poor starts but not tonight. Maybe just one of those nights.

Worst meeting this year I have seen.

Well done Ipswich a good team effort, best team won.

From a Rye perspective a poor night, Jason D and Anders aside - there was not much to shout about.

Missing Garrity's bite and passion, Ben looks good for the Raiders but not on the same page for the Rockets. Lambert just looks lost and unstable, to be fair he got smoother as the meeting progressed but never really threatened - doesn't look the real deal.

Kasper had impressed me in previous meetings but tonight he looked very ordinary, still poor gating but tonight no pace either. Previously he caught others up from poor starts but not tonight. Maybe just one of those nights.

Worst meeting this year I have seen.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts.

Simon Lambert doesn't look like the answer. Lord knows why he was signed. He'd have been better off staying at Stoke on what I've seen. His awkward style just isn't suited for the tight Rye track.

Agree we've missed Jason Garrity.

Found myself looking at the fixtures wishing the rest of the season away.

Overhaul needed during the winter, otherwise crowds will drop off even further.

Tremendous heat 15. Always a pleasure watching Jason Doyle.

Edited by Shadders

Stan, who sits with us at Rye House, pointed out that excluding guest Jason Doyle none of the two sides on track yesterday had a rider with an average above 7. Surely a second division record?

I wonder when Aljack will come along and tell us all how Nielsen was only used as he was "cheap" and how we only won because Rye house had guests and R/R..........

Maybe the mods have finally banned him as he's not commented once on this thread! :D

Maybe the mods have finally banned him as he's not commented once on this thread! :D

Maybe he has the hangover of all hangovers,celebrating his sides win,I sure he will be along soon to lavish praise on the riders,management and imparticular the promotion at Ipswich. :blink:

• Like 4

Stan, who sits with us at Rye House, pointed out that excluding guest Jason Doyle none of the two sides on track yesterday had a rider with an average above 7. Surely a second division record?

Good point. However all the Witches scored over seven last night, which once again proves that averages often bear little relationship to what actually happens on the track.

aljack is like many NCFC fans, full of it when his team loses and as quiet as a mouse when they win :rolleyes:

Great win by the Witches with a depleted side especially as rye had Doyle as a guest and he has been a thorn in the Witches side many times this season. This young Nielsen looks a good prospect and maybe louis will use him at reserve next season along with Cam who knows.

• Like 2

Great win by the Witches with a depleted side especially as rye had Doyle as a guest and he has been a thorn in the Witches side many times this season. This young Nielsen looks a good prospect and maybe louis will use him at reserve next season along with Cam who knows.

Maybe,just maybe Mr Louis does indeed know what he`s doing.

Great win by the Witches with a depleted side especially as rye had Doyle as a guest and he has been a thorn in the Witches side many times this season.

Not taking any credit away from the Witches, but please don't brush over the fact that the Rockets were awfully weak.

Good point. However all the Witches scored over seven last night, which once again proves that averages often bear little relationship to what actually happens on the track.

Doubt they'll have an easier away day this year

Doubt they'll have an easier away day this year

A KOC match at Berwick earlier in the season springs to mind. :oops:

A KOC match at Berwick earlier in the season springs to mind. :oops:

Oh dear, I forgot about that!

I get the season we have had with a whole bunch of genuine bad luck

Neath - one lap all season, after a great season last year

Bowen - The annual injury

Nelson - Should of paid attention in school when they taught form filling.

Garrity - A big big finish to season was coming and then another injury

Frampton - You seek him here you seek him there Frampton simply not anywhere

Charlie Cheese - not one but two concussions

Bunyan - some bright spots but being still at reserve tells the story all too clearly

But I really believe we missed a trick in the last few weeks with the decisions to sign Lambert, has he got a second place yet never mind a heat win? (I have almost wished to hear that Tommy Allen is making a comeback) Using Morley, we are just too weak to allow him time to find his feet (whilst other teams have been using guests like Campton and Wilkinson) yet we use him to replace Garrity who is probably our 3rd best rider.

Despite all the bad luck listed above we were still in sixth place and the end of season play offs were achieveable and remember there would of been 2 big home meetings to look forward to.

Still next year does look very promising with Garrity a vastly better rider than his starting average will be, "Kasper the Ghost" will be around a 4 average and he is far better than that and with Mellgren we have been completely and flukerly lucky.

Mellgren will be pushing a 9 point figure next season imo... Class rider.