British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Redcar Bears V Glasgow Tigers Pl Thurs 30th Aug 2012 @7.30pm

No thread for this , so i'll start it myself . We should be along the usual lines of 1 Screen , 2 Campton , 3 Grajczonek , 4 Bager , 5 Grieves , 6 Wright , 7 Sitera .

Unsure what the Bears' line-up is these days , but i'm hoping we give them a run for their money . Any weather info would be helpful thanks .

Well today it's dull and raining

No thread for this , so i'll start it myself . We should be along the usual lines of 1 Screen , 2 Campton , 3 Grajczonek , 4 Bager , 5 Grieves , 6 Wright , 7 Sitera .

Unsure what the Bears' line-up is these days , but i'm hoping we give them a run for their money . Any weather info would be helpful thanks .

Bears website has Adam McKinna guesting for the Tigers, not sure where Sitera is??

expect Bears to line up 1. Ostergaard 2. Wilkinson 3. Doolan 4. Summers 5. Kus 6. Dilger 7. Mudgeway

Sitera is guesting for Edinburgh on Friday against the Bears so not sure where he is on Thursday.

Bears website has Adam McKinna guesting for the Tigers, not sure where Sitera is??

expect Bears to line up 1. Ostergaard 2. Wilkinson 3. Doolan 4. Summers 5. Kus 6. Dilger 7. Mudgeway

Sitera is away riding in some mickey mouse meeting in the Czech Republic , that's what they do .

Sitera is riding for his Czech club on Thursday according to the excellent unofficial Tigers site. We should actually just call it the official site cos the proper one isn't exactly reknowned for its updates :blink: .

• Like 1

Sitera is riding for his Czech club on Thursday according to the excellent unofficial Tigers site. We should actually just call it the official site cos the proper one isn't exactly reknowned for its updates :blink: .

So they just treat our speedway like a hobby then :blink:

Just what do Promoters see in riders like Sitera,does not seem interested in GB

• Like 2

Don't lots of foreign Riders? :oops::mad:

• Like 1

Not really, he's riding in the CZ league and if he didn't he'd be banned anyway.

Is the 7th rated Tiger (hence the N L guest) still strutting around in his Kings Lynn kevlars, like he was at the start of the season?

It's not that he's foreign, it's not that he goes missing, it's the fact that he's rubbish and still employed that bugs me.

I'm sure at some point soon some clown will use "Sitera", "2013' and "steal on that average" in a team building thread.

Word to the wise: some have low averages because they're not very good.

• Like 4

I would rather see young James McBain given a decent crack at it to be honest.........at least he will give it 100%. I know its a different era and the make-up of teams has changed a wee tad, but I yearn for the days when The Stripes were shecht, but the speedway was entertaining and it wasnt all about winning and we always had one or two SJL graduates in the team. There was something satisfying about watching a 16 year old progress from second half fence scrapiing to reserve to double figure man, a la the McKinna brothers, even the likes of big Leggy, Kenny Brailsford and David Cassells were great to watch around their home base and the home fans took to them because they identified with them. Too many foreign mercernaries now, give me one or two young Brits anyday.......went off on one there, MJFC :blink:

• Like 5

Doolan out with bloody nose and throat infection looks like r/r for Bears. Just for a change !!!

I would rather see young James McBain given a decent crack at it to be honest.........at least he will give it 100%. I know its a different era and the make-up of teams has changed a wee tad, but I yearn for the days when The Stripes were shecht, but the speedway was entertaining and it wasnt all about winning and we always had one or two SJL graduates in the team. There was something satisfying about watching a 16 year old progress from second half fence scrapiing to reserve to double figure man, a la the McKinna brothers, even the likes of big Leggy, Kenny Brailsford and David Cassells were great to watch around their home base and the home fans took to them because they identified with them. Too many foreign mercernaries now, give me one or two young Brits anyday.......went off on one there, MJFC :blink:

Agree with you mate , the sport was so much less confusing when the 2nd tier was made up of British and Commonwealth riders only . Dont suppose there is the sufficient number of riders these days for that though .

Anyway , onto today . Is it raining there at the moment ? Saw on the weather forecast any rain was to clear by lunchtime and it's to be dry there after . Hope this morning's rain isn't too heavy .

Edited by Paulco

Well it's been raining all night and is set to continue untill lunch time, but a fine dry afternoon and evening is forcast, so it's anybody's guess as to whether this will be on or off.

Edit: Sorry Paulco, must have been typing as you posted.

Edited by pvm

Well it's been raining all night and is set to continue untill lunch time, but a fine dry afternoon and evening is forcast, so it's anybody's guess as to whether this will be on or off.

Edit: Sorry Paulco, must have been typing as you posted.

Thanks . I'm leaving the house around 12 , so i'll check on here just before i go .