British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
madsteve

Comets Vs Leicester Sat 1st Sept 7pm

Not sure of Leicester's line up but from what I've heard tonight comets line up is:

1. Richard Lawson ©

2. R/R

3. Rene Bach

4. Tero Aarnio

5. Ludvig Lindgren (G)

6. Ashley Morris

7. Mason Campton (G)

Edited by madsteve

Not sure of Leicester's line up but from what I've heard tonight comets line up is:

1. Richard Lawson ©

2. R/R

3. Rene Bach

4. Tero Aarnio

5. Ludvig Lindgren (G)

6. Ashley Morris

7. Mason Campton (G)

Good choice of guests imo and makes us stronger than than last night.

Comets to win by 12.

From the Lions website:-

Leicester’s Team Manager Glyn Taylor is keeping with the same pairing for Saturday’s away Premier League fixture at Workington with Magnus Karlsson continuing his partnership with Kauko Nieminen as the Lions opening pairing. With the new averages for September coming into effect for this match Jari Mäkinen and Jan Graversen change places in the team.

Not sure if that's the same for Sunday

Teams for Sunday

Leicester: 1. Kauko Nieminen, 2. Magnus Karlsson, 3. Lasse Bjerre, 4. Linus Eklӧf, 5. Jan Graversen, 6. Jari Mäkinen and 7. Lewis Blackbird

Workington: 1. Richard Lawson, 2. Tero Aarnio, 3. Rene Bach, 4. Rider replacement for Kenny Ingalls, 5. Adam Roynon, 6. Ashley Morris and 7. Carl Wilkinson

Forecast- Cloudy till six, then, yes you've guessed it RAIN!

From the Lions website:-

Leicester’s Team Manager Glyn Taylor is keeping with the same pairing for Saturday’s away Premier League fixture at Workington with Magnus Karlsson continuing his partnership with Kauko Nieminen as the Lions opening pairing. With the new averages for September coming into effect for this match Jari Mäkinen and Jan Graversen change places in the team.

Not sure if that's the same for Sunday

Teams for Sunday

Leicester: 1. Kauko Nieminen, 2. Magnus Karlsson, 3. Lasse Bjerre, 4. Linus Eklӧf, 5. Jan Graversen, 6. Jari Mäkinen and 7. Lewis Blackbird

Workington: 1. Richard Lawson, 2. Tero Aarnio, 3. Rene Bach, 4. Rider replacement for Kenny Ingalls, 5. Adam Roynon, 6. Ashley Morris and 7. Carl Wilkinson

According the the official averages, Magnus should be No 1 from Sept 1st

Another rain-off after last nights too, or my god this bloody weather :mad: its unbelievable !!!!!!

God knows when we can fit these 2 more fixtures in , 3 wins this weekend could have seen the Comets jump to 1st/2nd in the league, hopefully tomorrow looks better at Leicester and we wait another week for speedway at DP

Not sure why this has been called off? The track didn't look bad at all last night & sure if there was any damage they could get it sorted out in a FULL day? Like previous years the Workington promotion really do puzzle me with these rain offs?? I see nortside training track is running today without any problems, it really does make me wonder at times if mr denham & co actually want these meetings to go ahead before the cut off dates

I dont normally reply but on this occasion will make an exception, I was at the track when it was called off this morning, as were the promotors and team manager. The decison was not taken lightly and was made as the track was very waterlogged after yesterday's rain and the forecast for today shows persistent rain to come in from 6pm. The decison was made based on the information available at the time.

Northside is on today but is a training facility and they are not running a league meeting, its a much smaller track, and the cost to them to be open today is minimal compared to that of running a full Premier League meeting, plus the time they are running is before the expected changes to the weather. The management and volunteers down at the track are there every race day working from early morning until well after the meeting finishes and strive to ensure that meetings go ahead, no promoter doesnt want to run meetings as they will incur a hefty fine if they dont complete their fixtures, they also stand to lose considerable amounts if meetings are abandoned etc. They are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

• Like 8

I understand all what you have said there Liz

I think people think because they just read meeting off due to waterlogged track they think well they nearly rode on it last night and if it had stopped raining at half seven last night they would definitely have rode on it.

It stopped raining in Workington last night and we have had no more rain since so the track should be ok.

Like you said the meeting has not been called off for a waterlogged track but because the forcast is bad for later on.

If the forcast is wrong which it has been alot lately the promotion will be gutted as the fans are but the risk is to much.

But you can not call a meeting off due to a weather forcast so they have had to quote track waterlogged even though we know that right now the track is fine :-)

I understand all what you have said there Liz

I think people think because they just read meeting off due to waterlogged track they think well they nearly rode on it last night and if it had stopped raining at half seven last night they would definitely have rode on it.

It stopped raining in Workington last night and we have had no more rain since so the track should be ok.

Like you said the meeting has not been called off for a waterlogged track but because the forcast is bad for later on.

If the forcast is wrong which it has been alot lately the promotion will be gutted as the fans are but the risk is to much.

But you can not call a meeting off due to a weather forcast so they have had to quote track waterlogged even though we know that right now the track is fine :-)

Where did I say the meeting not called off because of a waterlogged track ?

This morning the track was waterlogged, the forecast was for persistent rain from 6pm, the decision was made on the information available at that time, ie waterlogged track and persistent rain forecast. The forecast may well be inaccurate but there is no way of being 100% certain. I dont know why you think the track is fine, and many meetings have been called off based on weather forecasts. As I have said the decision was not taken lightly and without a lot of consideration and consultation. At this moment in time it is indeed dry and windy and I have no doubt the track surface is drying out now, hopefully we will have a fine week and good racing surface can be prepared for next weeks meeting.

What I load of old cobblers....

Why let the paying public enter the stadium last night? Keith Denham had a big smile on his face when it was announced it was off last night? I wonder if that had anything to do with the poor crowd in the stadium?

We all know they have called meetings of way to easy in the past I.e the Ipswich meeting last year when the sun was splitting the trees all day.

Maybe if they had somebody doing the track who knew what they were doing then Workington speedway would be in a lot better position regarding rider happyness, attendances & rain offs!

It going to be a nightmare for Workington to sort their fixtures out,last night off against Berwick,then today Leicester,both saturday night tracks,and its not long before the play-off cut off date.