British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

Having watched the young Stars last night against Mildenhall, probably be a good idea to incorporate young Lambert into the Stars team after his sensational 21 point max. Either from the gate, or from behind this was very impressive, winning each race by 50 yds. or so. His winning times were miles quicker then anyone else, the fastest being in the 59sec bracket. I've heard comments saying he is better then Lee and Darcy Ward was at that age, I don't know about that but sure was impressive. What also pleased me is that all the riders last night were young British riders. It opened my eyes as to the talent that is coming through. Pleased I went, instead of watching speedway on the tele. Always catch up with that later. Thoroughly enjoyable night..........

• Like 2

Should be quite a queue for Lambert's signature next April (16 on 5th April) with KL clearly at the front - but will money talk??

Should be quite a queue for Lambert's signature next April (16 on 5th April) with KL clearly at the front - but will money talk??

That's the 64 dollar question. Going back to Michael Lee's time, there was a queue as long as your arm wanting his signature, and the money was plentiful, far more then what Lynn were prepared to pay, but in the end it was down to who he want to ride for. I appreciate it's a lot different now with more money on offer, but I'd like to think Lynn will get the nod......

If Lambert has mastered the track at Saddlebow, would it not benefit his development to have a small track as his home for next season ? I would very much like to see him at Lynn next season, but the boy and his family/backers have to do what is right for him.

That's the 64 dollar question. Going back to Michael Lee's time, there was a queue as long as your arm wanting his signature, and the money was plentiful, far more then what Lynn were prepared to pay, but in the end it was down to who he want to ride for. I appreciate it's a lot different now with more money on offer, but I'd like to think Lynn will get the nod......

If Lambert has mastered the track at Saddlebow, would it not benefit his development to have a small track as his home for next season ? I would very much like to see him at Lynn next season, but the boy and his family/backers have to do what is right for him.

The rider will go where the money is, That's what happens.

As for Lynn not being high payers? They have Iversen in their side who's one of the world's top riders and they have made numerous changes and signing on fee's so they are definitely one of the league's top payers and I suspect that's where Robert Lambert will end up.

Weds 7th Aug v Belle Vue

Stars will be without Iversen & Lebedevs

Aces will be without Wolbert & Drymal

Call it off now Buster

• Like 1

Weds 7th Aug v Belle Vue

Stars will be without Iversen & Lebedevs

Aces will be without Wolbert & Drymal

Call it off now Buster

Where are they all riding?

Korneliussen scored 11 in his Danish league match last night and is riding in Poland tomorrow.

Thats good to hear. Hope the stars luck starts to pick up now.

Where are they all riding?

Think it maybe the GP race-off 2 that was called off a week or so ago.

Seb signs for Plymouth as cover for Ty Proctor so Plymouth gets first call no him - time to make a change I'd try to bring in Mikeal Mikealsson .

time to make a change I'd try to bring in Mikeal Mikealsson .

Who??

Is he any relation to Mikkel Mikkelsen at all? :wink:

Who??

Is he any relation to Mikkel Mikkelsen at all? :wink:

Or even mikkel michelsen?

• Like 2

Is that another barmy rule? How can Plymouth have first call on Seb, surely as the Stars had him first then we ought to have first priority? :blink:

Is that another barmy rule? How can Plymouth have first call on Seb, surely as the Stars had him first then we ought to have first priority? :blink:

Because hes now classed as doulbing up, not down. All Premier League teams get priority.