British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

I dont care what league we in and what team we got as long as we got speedway at Lynn. :)

The team i would put out if i had the money

7.55 Harris

7.41 Nicholls

7.23 Schlein

5.03 Wolbert

5.00 Vaculik

5.00 M.B Jensen

3.73 Kozza/Jorgensen

This team would never happen as the top 3 would definately be wanted by their own clubs i would suspect on their low averages,and Vaculik and Jensen probably wouldn't come over anyway,unless they went to a club willing to pay very well.

Even without the inconsistant factor, I feel this year, we were never strong enough to be in with a shout of winning anything. Even, had the likes of Magic, Mads and Nermark performed at the level we expected from them, we were still a long way off the standards set by Poole and Swindon.

I for one, like the play-off scenario. I feel it gives all clubs the opportunity to win the league on a one to one basis. So aiming to finish in the top four should be a priority. To do that, we need a team that, at least wins at home and then hoping to get the odd point on our travels.

Because our track is so well liked by all riders, this therefore, becomes very difficult unless we have three decent heat leader who are all capable of scoring 12pts at each home meeting we have no chance. So when discussing next years team, it would be better to go for 3 top men to lead and the rest made up to suit the points limit when known.

iversen

woffinden

wolbert

smith/howe

szcepaniak

would be the basis for my team.

With it being a possibility that Woffy could have a season or two at a bigger track team I can see a swap deal involving two of your choices. Puk's ridden for Wolves before and scored well there earlier this year whilst Panthers are a bigger track team.

The team i would put out if i had the money

7.55 Harris

7.41 Nicholls

7.23 Schlein

5.03 Wolbert

5.00 Vaculik

5.00 M.B Jensen

3.73 Kozza/Jorgensen

This team would never happen as the top 3 would definately be wanted by their own clubs i would suspect on their low averages,and Vaculik and Jensen probably wouldn't come over anyway,unless they went to a club willing to pay very well.

I would imagine Vaculik will get one of the GP spots for 2013 which will make him an 8.00. That would be a risk for any team to take him on.

I would imagine Vaculik will get one of the GP spots for 2013 which will make him an 8.00. That would be a risk for any team to take him on.

Get him now then with 3 matches to go :approve: ,would get him on a 5 for next season then wouldn't we.

Get him now then with 3 matches to go :approve: ,would get him on a 5 for next season then wouldn't we.

I'd say he's an 8 pointer now seeing as he's ridden in the last four GPs, won one of them, and is likely to ride in this year's remaining GPs.

I'd say he's an 8 pointer now seeing as he's ridden in the last four GPs, won one of them, and is likely to ride in this year's remaining GPs.

Depends who asks. The rules don't mention GP reserves, just GP riders, excluding wildcards. If the right person asks his meetings would probably count as wildcards but if someone else asks them reserves would be classed as full time riders.

He should be an 8 and it would be crazy if it was a 5 this or next season.

But like SCB says, it depends who asks.

Anything other than a 5 we all know would be wrong.

And when you look at it as it stands, why should a rider in the GP series at the moment and a winner too to boot, be even considered to be allowed in as a 5 pointer?

Niels K Iversen

Kevin Wolbert/Lasse Bjerre

Mads Korneliussen

Mateusz Szczepaniak

Hans Andersen

4.00 Foreign Rider

2 out of Linus Eklof/Richie Worrall/Mason Campton

A smidge over 41, but I think Mads and Matuesz's averages will drop a tad before end of season...

Edited by speedy17

They really need to build up bit of an asset base. The current assets are mainly PL riders, at best.

Need to avoid a "battle for the scraps" year after year with BV.

As one of the few assets, Wolbert should be the first name on the teamsheet for next year.

If Szczepaniak is an asset, bring him back aswell. Think he's done more than enough to warrant a team spot in '13.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Ford has something to do about that though.

Other than that, bring in a new rider who can hold down his average with an eye for the future.

And Olly Allen + 3 others depending on who fits, and who's available.

I think you will find Wolbert is still an Edinburgh asset. If Buster is unsure of how the Elite League is for Kings Lynn (2 year option ) then why would he spend money building up assets who won't be able to use in the future. If he decides this coming year that future for Lynn is Elite then he must have built up a war chest through the sales of the likes of Ward, Doolan, Batch etc. next season could see us sign a few up for the future. Then again we could be riding Ipswich 6/8 times

He should be an 8 and it would be crazy if it was a 5 this or next season.

But like SCB says, it depends who asks.

Anything other than a 5 we all know would be wrong.

And when you look at it as it stands, why should a rider in the GP series at the moment and a winner too to boot, be even considered to be allowed in as a 5 pointer?

He is only in because of the injury to Hampel.

I think SCB was saying he would be an 8 if say Lynn or Coventry came in for him this season as he is a GP rider.But say Poole came in for him he would be a 5 as he didn't actually qualify for the Gp's and he is only a reserve.

Maybe SCB will clarify this.

He is only in because of the injury to Hampel.

I think SCB was saying he would be an 8 if say Lynn or Coventry came in for him this season as he is a GP rider.But say Poole came in for him he would be a 5 as he didn't actually qualify for the Gp's and he is only a reserve.

Maybe SCB will clarify this.

Exactly that. The rules are not clear either way so both interpretations could be used.

With it being a possibility that Woffy could have a season or two at a bigger track team I can see a swap deal involving two of your choices.

I heard it was possible that Tomasz Gollob would come in on a re-assessed 5 also.