British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Sheffield V Newcastle Pl Thursday 6th Sep 2012

Diamonds teams over the years have not done well at Sheffield. I will be happy with a point but as always I expect these Diamonds to win, yes even at Sheffield!!! zzzzzzzzzzz snore wow what a dream 50-40 to Newcastle

Diamonds teams over the years have not done well at Sheffield. I will be happy with a point but as always I expect these Diamonds to win, yes even at Sheffield!!! zzzzzzzzzzz snore wow what a dream 50-40 to Newcastle

We won there a couple of years ago Dan, with Lemo getting a 15 point max. Sheffield is in a troubled season, and this could be our best chance to get a result there. If every Diamonds rider hits some form we could get a decent result. Here's hoping.

We won there a couple of years ago Dan, with Lemo getting a 15 point max. Sheffield is in a troubled season, and this could be our best chance to get a result there. If every Diamonds rider hits some form we could get a decent result. Here's hoping.

Yeah Tsunami. The main thing the Tigers have got going for them in this match is their fast track which doesn't suit quite a few riders. I really think we can win it or at very least we can pick up the odd point. I hope Mark has a good one the team needs a top score from him or Stuart. Ludvig may be our trump card as I dunno how he goes at this track but he shows his quality elsewhere all the time. There must be a NL guest that has ridden well at Sheffield, if there is one lets hope we have him in the team

I will stick my neck out and forecast a good win for the Diamonds and if we get 50 remember where you saw the forecast. If we get beat I will be back forecasting trouble for the Bandits on Saturday :party:

Yeah Tsunami. The main thing the Tigers have got going for them in this match is their fast track which doesn't suit quite a few riders. I really think we can win it or at very least we can pick up the odd point. I hope Mark has a good one the team needs a top score from him or Stuart. Ludvig may be our trump card as I dunno how he goes at this track but he shows his quality elsewhere all the time. There must be a NL guest that has ridden well at Sheffield, if there is one lets hope we have him in the team

I will stick my neck out and forecast a good win for the Diamonds and if we get 50 remember where you saw the forecast. If we get beat I will be back forecasting trouble for the Bandits on Saturday :party:

Jake Knight has done plenty of laps round Sheffield this year

• Like 1

Never confident of going to Sheffield as it is such a trick track.

Hoping to nick a point though

Never confident of going to Sheffield as it is such a trick track.

Hoping to nick a point though

Worst home record in the PL this year. Trick track?

• Like 1

Sheffield and Newcastle earned reputations years ago as trick tracks. All that means is a rider needs to learn the best way to ride them. Newcastles home track advantage has gradually vanished over the years. The Brough Park circuit has been changed a number of times since we earned that reputation although our long fast straights and tighter than average turns are still there. Sheffield does not appear to have changed much. The Sheffield supporters are treated to fast racing with very fast turns. Better than average riders can ride both tracks well.

Newcastle are coming to Sheffield after a good season where we have picked up a point at least on our travels. I wish I could be there tomorrow but it is a bit too far for me. Yorkshire is a big county and it takes forever to get to Sheffield from Tyneside.

Look out Tigers the Diamonds are a strong side despite losing the Worrall twins and we may have a secret weapon at reserve in fast starting Claes Nedermark. Whatever happens I hope Newcastle are entertaining

Paul Starke once again guests for the Diamonds (source Sheffield website).

Hey Abbott

I take it the 8 day rule does not apply to Paul as he is a NL rider

Worth remembering that the Diamonds were thrashed 58-32 here in the KO Cup when we had both Worrall's. Ok Sheffield have lost Haines & Sanchez since then but it would still take a masive improvement for the Diamonds to even go close to nicking a point. Can't see it personally.

54-38.

Worth remembering that the Diamonds were thrashed 58-32 here in the KO Cup when we had both Worrall's. Ok Sheffield have lost Haines & Sanchez since then but it would still take a masive improvement for the Diamonds to even go close to nicking a point. Can't see it personally.

54-38.

Remember that in the KOC there is no tactical rides a team goes so far behind they can pull points back in the league.

In saying that this is our last home fixture, and I think that the riders will be determined not finish their home fixtures with a loss.. We also have Joe Haines returning at reserve who has been scoring decent points over the last couple of points.

I will take Sheffield to win by 6. .

We also have Joe Haines returning at reserve who has been scoring decent points over the last couple of points.

Very philosophical of you :lol:

• Like 2

Very philosophical of you :lol:

Whoops :oops: must remember not to post while I am eating my tea, should read the last couple of months.

The match day has dawned and the riders will be setting off in their vans shortly, from all points of the compass. So hows the weather in South Yorkshire? Are we gonna have a dry night (except those in the bar, mines a pint of Guiness thank you!) I think Newcastle are capable of shocking the Tigers and as usual I say Newcastle 50 and the home team 40. Give us the points you stripey so and sos :mad: