British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Sheffield V Newcastle Pl Thursday 6th Sep 2012

what were his 8 matches in 9 days?..poor bugger, good job he hasnt a proper job then eh. :)

If you listened to what was announced at the track last Sunday it was explained there by Andrew Dalby, his rotor between then and Next Sunday.

If you listened to what was announced at the track last Sunday it was explained there by Andrew Dalby, his rotor between then and Next Sunday.

I'd have to have good hearing then, as I was sitting in a watering hole in the lakes.....hence why I asked what it was....:)

I'd have to have good hearing then, as I was sitting in a watering hole in the lakes.....hence why I asked what it was....:)

you been at the footie again ha ha ha , a thought a didnt see your cream coloured hotpants last week lol

you been at the footie again ha ha ha , a thought a didnt see your cream coloured hotpants last week lol

Can't beat the owld yoga pants and thong like ;)

Can't beat the owld yoga pants and thong like ;)

I'l take your word for that, like. :D

I've been fairly critical of the team this season and the way it was put together, but full marks to the Tigers management for giving the ever trying and ever entertaining Schrammy seven rides, whilst the miscreant of last Thursday's Heat 15 farce was given his four programmed rides and left to rot in the pits when the rider replacement rides were being doled out.

• Like 1

I've been fairly critical of the team this season and the way it was put together, but full marks to the Tigers management for giving the ever trying and ever entertaining Schrammy seven rides, whilst the miscreant of last Thursday's Heat 15 farce was given his four programmed rides and left to rot in the pits when the rider replacement rides were being doled out.

do you know why "the miscreant of last thursdays heat 15" didnt want to take the ride?

if you do then why do you expect a rider to go out in a meaningless ride when he expected his engine to blow if he did.

as it was he was faced with a bill to get the engine serviced before sundays meeting at glasgow

did you go to edinburgh and see the same rider doing his best for the team when he was no where near fit?

rather than getting full marks for what they did it seems a very childish act to me, no wonder riders dont ever return to sheffield when they leave,

except the ones who wont improve and we keep welcoming them back with open arms,because they want to ride for sheffield, wonder if thats because when they are not at sheffield they end up with two or three teams a season?

he must have spent the money judging by thursday and friday night as well, nice to see the sheffield promotion rewarding him for keeping his equipment up to scratch, he must wonder why he does it

Edited by The Third Man

Sorry, I disagree.

Most of us who work for someone else are told to do things we don't want to do and we would have to expect some consequences if we don't. Nobody could make the rider go out for Heat 15 but if they refuse there has to be some comeback for the decision.

The history of speedway is littered with riders taking rides with injury, bits of bike strapped together to make them go etc. and where would we be if every time a rider didn't want to take and extra ride they used the excuse that their bike was about to blow up.

If the rider's bike was about to blow up, and he chose not to take the ride then fair enough. If the management had got him by the scruff of the neck, pushed him out onto the track and then his bike blew up I would have some sympathy. He didn't take the ride and his engine did not seize, but to ignore the issue and let it pass without some form of consequence would set a precedent for the others to use the same excuse, be it a genuine one or not.

I am not advocating that the rider be sacked or anything like that and I see that he did get an extra ride at Somerset, so the 'punishment' was not for more than one meeting, so I still support the management's decision to give his rides to someone else for that one meeting.

He got the two extra rides at Somerset because he obviously deserved them, i dont know if he did or not on Thursday as i couldnt attend, if he deserved an extra ride he shouls have got one, if he didnt deserve one he shouldnt have got one.

he shouldnt have been punished like a school boy

Agree with Thrid Man

Only riders I would like to see from this years team in the 2013 Tigers team

The miscreant - Who has been consistent all year unlike some of his more "senior" colleages !

Joe Haines - Been a pleasure to see him return to his best and I would think theres more to come.

Scrammy - Chris always seemed one of those riders who would never get our "little trick track" even when he seemed to be scoring well everywhere else. Been great to see him prove me wrong and would like to see what he would be like for a full season.