British Speedway Forum
Shadders

2012 National League Riders Championship

Know all :wink:

I thought you had gone home when he fell :D

Saw it from the 4th bend. Decided to leave then before the rerun ;)

Edited by Shadders

With the engine he used last week no one will get near Garrity even if he doesn't gate. Stefan impresses every time i see him. Other than those two i don't see anyone else.

Do you see Ashley Birks? ;)

Well done to Ashley Birks, 2012 NLRC.

B4e mentioned Birks before the meeting, but I didn't see him as a real threat. Well, can't argue with the result. Along with Garrity and Irvine the only class on show.

The meeting dragged on too long for my liking with various fallers on a track that didn't look at all difficult.

Surprise of the night was Stefan Nielsen who was well off the pace apart from his last ride

Disappointed not to see more travelling supporters, especially from Mildenhall. Atmosphere was pretty flat, as has been the norm at Rye House this year.

Edited by Shadders

B4e mentioned Birks before the meeting, but I didn't see him as a real threat. Well, can't argue with the result. Along with Garrity and Irvine the only class on show.

The meeting dragged on too long for my liking with various fallers on a track that didn't look at all difficult.

Surprise of the night was Stefan Nielsen who was well off the pace apart from his last ride

Disappointed not to see more travelling supporters, especially from Mildenhall. Atmosphere was pretty flat, as has been the norm at Rye House this year.

how many do you reckon was there tonight shads. i gave it a miss because i'm not a lover of individual meetings and i'm still feeling knackered after going to lee richardson's meeting at arena last night. i felt that event was a far more worthy cause to spend my hard earned wonga on.

how many do you reckon was there tonight shads. i gave it a miss because i'm not a lover of individual meetings and i'm still feeling knackered after going to lee richardson's meeting at arena last night. i felt that event was a far more worthy cause to spend my hard earned wonga on.

Looked around 700-800 tops, which ain't bad for a NL meeting I s'pose, but I expected more.

I'm not a fan of individual meetings either, especially at the lower end of the scale. Too many fallers and delays for my liking. They even had to call the ambulance out because one of the track staff collapsed on the centre green with a dodgy knee!!

Unfortunately unable to make Rico's meeting. Sounds like it was a great night.

Edited by Shadders

B4e mentioned Birks before the meeting,

Not the only one though, was she? ;)

Well done to Ash, classy performer & deserving winner.

You're starting to show your age Tony....Along with Paul!...Neither he nor you being able to manage two meetings in two days!..re the atmosphere i think it was always going to feel flat after friday...

at least I got a prog! I now need one from Rico's meeting thanx to them only printing a quarter of the demand...i'm not an e-bay man tbh....need someone to keep an eye out for me please... ;)

Well I don't know what heathen1984 is on about? Thought it was a very good meeting! Great line up to! Well done ash birks! Fully deserved. Garrity was unlucky but rode very well. Lewi Kerr must be happy with how he rode and was unlucky when leading to have an ef but pleased to see him progress lately. All in all I really enjoyed the night at rye house. Good show. :)

Has it ended yet?

A very long drawn out affair last night, too many falls, stoppages etc

As Shadders said Birks, Garrity and Irving looked a class above, and Perry put in a couple of good rodes but overall pretty dull meeting.

Lewis Kerr also looked on the pace and was unlucky to stop when leading a race.

Not the best night for the Mildenhall three, but there you go can't win everything :wink:

As Shadders said Birks, Garrity and Irving looked a class above, and Perry put in a couple of good rodes but overall pretty dull meeting.

:wink:

Those four have prob been the best 4 Nl lads in the PL to, now ladS like Morris Blackbird Kerr,Jacobs Nielsen etc have to follow them and step up to the the plate,its what is needed,the more riders stepping up is a great way to make the NL prosper

Well dont to Ash Birks,a nicer lad you will not meet and deserves all he gets out of the sport

Well done to Ash, classy performer & deserving winner.

Can't take that away from him. Six excellent gates was enough on the night. I feel Jason Garrity was caught out once or twice at the start, especially in the run off with the speed the ref let the tapes go up.

Can anyone shed any light on why the referee wouldn't allow the riders to inspect the start gates during the delays?

Edited by Shadders