British Speedway Forum
Shadders

2012 National League Riders Championship

You're starting to show your age Tony....Along with Paul!...Neither he nor you being able to manage two meetings in two days!..re the atmosphere i think it was always going to feel flat after friday...

at least I got a prog! I now need one from Rico's meeting thanx to them only printing a quarter of the demand...i'm not an e-bay man tbh....need someone to keep an eye out for me please... ;)

hi mike, regarding yesterday's sporting events. in my eyes i made two good decisions, firstly i turned down a ticket for the arsenal game at £62! and secondly i gave last night a miss, which by various accounts seemed a long drawn out meeting. so in summary, this morning i've woke up £100 richer!. regarding the rico prog, if any turn up on ebay at a fair price, i will get you one. regards tony.

I would just point out I think they are re-printing programmes for the Rico Memorial. I'm sure it'll be advertised on here when they're for sale, rather than buying from private individuals on ebay, who may or may not be giving any profits to the #RICO fund.

• Like 1

I would just point out I think they are re-printing programmes for the Rico Memorial. I'm sure it'll be advertised on here when they're for sale, rather than buying from private individuals on ebay, who may or may not be giving any profits to the #RICO fund.

that's good news for those fans who missed out on friday. :approve:

i turned down a ticket for the arsenal game at £62!

The first time I paid for my own admission to Highbury it cost me 70p

• Like 1

you and me both shads! :wink:

My first season there was '69/'70...: won't have been 70p coz - blimey - it was pre-decimalisation!! :P

I paid over £60 a couple of seasons back for the Arsenal Chelsea game (well 60 times 2 coz took the wife) and we lost 1-4...! Being more careful nowadays!!

poor meeting i thought,a couple of passes by tom and maybe one other,that was about it.len kept bigging it up at the end as tho it was the best meeting ever.must be on the sky pills they give to nige and kelvin.my first away ;) meeting of the year and not impressed.il try stoke tuesday and mildenhall sunday but i think i enjoy the banter with the gang more than the racing.sad but true :blink:

btw can anyone explain why the elrc and plrc have finals but the nlrc is old school :blink:

My first season there was '69/'70...: won't have been 70p coz - blimey - it was pre-decimalisation!! :P

I paid over £60 a couple of seasons back for the Arsenal Chelsea game (well 60 times 2 coz took the wife) and we lost 1-4...! Being more careful nowadays!!

My first game was 1970. My uncle bought a ticket for East upper from a tout, bunged the turnstile operator ten bob and got my brother and me in where we sat on each knee.

Spent almost the entire game watching the trains go by on the East coast main line!

• Like 2

Newly Crowned NL Champion Ashley Birks will be talking live on the Speedway Show on BIKERfm on Tues Night between 8-10pm :)

How can he talk live on Tuesday isnt he riding for Stoke vs Dudley?

First visit to Rye House yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the event. Great set-up at the stadium. Yes there were a few falls and delays but come on let's support our stars of tomorrow. There was some good racing and the lads were giving it their best efforts, and watching the other races in between their own rides to see how the track was going. Nice gesture by Ashley to give Jason a ride back to the pits after coming off his bike in the run off. Went to the RICO meeting on Friday and the Rye House meeting yesterday, wouldn't be fair to compare the difference between the two meetings, but all credit to our young National league lads for their efforts.

• Like 2

Rather than starting a new thread, I just wanted to say a huge congratulations to Ashley who won the National League Rider's title this weekend at Rye House.

Anybody get down there? Was it a deserved win?

First visit to Rye House yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the event. Great set-up at the stadium. Yes there were a few falls and delays but come on let's support our stars of tomorrow. There was some good racing and the lads were giving it their best efforts, and watching the other races in between their own rides to see how the track was going. Nice gesture by Ashley to give Jason a ride back to the pits after coming off his bike in the run off. Went to the RICO meeting on Friday and the Rye House meeting yesterday, wouldn't be fair to compare the difference between the two meetings, but all credit to our young National league lads for their efforts.

I agree.

Not a brilliant meeting but not a bad one either and enough to keep me entertained, particularly with Tom Perry about.

Some very sporting comments made by Garrity at Mildenhall on Sunday regarding the run off; all credit to him.

Some very sporting comments made by Garrity at Mildenhall on Sunday regarding the run off; all credit to him.

Jason Garrity gets some bad press, but you can't fault his enthusiasm and tenacity.

He's come on loads this year, developing into a cracking rider and has matured greatly. Very entertaining to watch and the kind of speedway rider who people will turn up to watch. Leicester fans may not like him, but Rockets fans think he's the mutts nuts.

We're very lucky to have him.

Edited by Shadders

And you can see how Ashley won the event on the Herts Mercury website, or the whole meeting on a double DVD from T2TV.