British Speedway Forum
Catch Me If You Can

Redcar V Berwick 6th Sept

The rules it seems allow facilities for Swedish riders in League end season play offs not normal league matches though?

If that is the case it must be a supplementary regulation, as there certainly isn't any provision in the published 2012 Rules & Regulations. If this is the case it does establish a dangerous precedent.

If that is the case it must be a supplementary regulation, as there certainly isn't any provision in the published 2012 Rules & Regulations. If this is the case it does establish a dangerous precedent.

As there was no objection from the Redcar promotion before the match when the changes were announced you would have to assume the rules haven't been broken.

Edited by Fromafar

Yes there is.

reg 18.1.2 C.

The rules it seems allow facilities for Swedish riders in League end season play offs not normal league matches though?

That's what I understood. Due to the shortage of available riders, and the huge backlog of fixtures in England, there has been a relaxation of the rules to give teams more options to agree a fixture.

That's what I understood. Due to the shortage of available riders, and the huge backlog of fixtures in England, there has been a relaxation of the rules to give teams more options to agree a fixture.

The infamous SVEMO/BSPA accord has always covered the Swedish playoffs.

I wasn't there, but from what I've been texted last night and today, Bandits were collectively awful.

Speedway Updates equally bad, I had text from track about Micky Dyer crashing in a black-and-white hat (not mentioned) in Heat 8 and being withdrawn. At the same time, Updates had him in second place, but without extra points!

Scores, and maybe results, on Updates most certainly wrong in that instance -- don't know if any other races were affected.

Maybe we really won?

Fair enough. But if it's that easy to never make a mistake on a free unpaid service, then why don't you offer to text for the next 2 home matches at Berwick? They're struggling to get a texter as the usual one is sodding off to see some rubbish football team :P

Edited by spin king junior
  • Like 3

I wasn't there, but from what I've been texted last night and today, Bandits were collectively awful.

Speedway Updates equally bad, I had text from track about Micky Dyer crashing in a black-and-white hat (not mentioned) in Heat 8 and being withdrawn. At the same time, Updates had him in second place, but without extra points!

Scores, and maybe results, on Updates most certainly wrong in that instance -- don't know if any other races were affected.

Maybe we really won?

Fair enough. But if it's that easy to never make a mistake on a free unpaid service, then why don't you offer to text for the next 2 home matches at Berwick? They're struggling to get a texter as the usual one is sodding off to see some rubbish football team :P

Well said SKJ, Yeah come on Crescent girl why not offer to text from Berwick tomorrow, Show us how one so perfect does it?

Hope the doylems on the terracing beside the 1st bend, who celebrated Dyer's crash as if Boro won the FA Cup final have got their voices back...and before anyone else uses the cliche, I'm aware every track has their share of idiots.

Piss poor performance by Berwick all round, find it hard to believe that we are persisting with Jacobsen, nice guy but does the management really expect him to score points when he's constantly last to the first bend?

Surely there was better choices of guests around?, especially for Alden.

Fair play to Redcar, there were up for it and gated well all night.

Yes there is.

reg 18.1.2 C.

I think you will find that 18.1.2C covers national championships, ie solos, pairs etc....not the Allsvenskan League.

18.1.2 Team may utilise a "Facility" to cover the absence of a Rider(s) who: ...

C is recalled with prior notification, by his Federation for compulsory International or National Championship duty.

Now the suggestion that it is somehow covered by the infamous BSPA / SVEMO accord may well be correct, but i would have thought by now it would have been incorporated into the rule book.

I think you will find that 18.1.2C covers national championships, ie solos, pairs etc....not the Allsvenskan League.

18.1.2 Team may utilise a "Facility" to cover the absence of a Rider(s) who: ...

C is recalled with prior notification, by his Federation for compulsory International or National Championship duty.

Now the suggestion that it is somehow covered by the infamous BSPA / SVEMO accord may well be correct, but i would have thought by now it would have been incorporated into the rule book.

And might not the Swedish League play-offs not be considered a "National (team) Championship"?

However,I am not suggesting I support Premier League riders being pulled away to ride in leagues overseas. Having successfully achieved a ban on Polish licence-holders, it would be good if the PL could extend the premise to others.

Remember the great days of having only UK and Commonweath riders in the old National League?

And might not the Swedish League play-offs not be considered a "National (team) Championship"?....

I wouldn't have thought so, as I remember Jarek Hampel being banned for missing an Ipswich fixture whilst riding in the Polish League play offs.

Also if you were to apply that definition to the rule, then any league fixture, could be deemed a "national team championship".

Edited by Pere Ubon

I wouldn't have thought so, as I remember Jarek Hampel being banned for missing an Ipswich fixture whilst riding in the Polish League play offs.

Also if you were to apply that definition to the rule, then any league fixture, could be deemed a "national team championship".

I wouldn't bother trying to justify your comments old boy. This was the member who once posted:

...............Seb honours his listed Berwick commitments before any Swedish club business.......... Berwick's fixture list has preference. So there.

Or not!!!!!!!!!!

It appears that Svemo and BSPA have a signed agreement for Premier League which allows facilities for rider in Allsvenkan and Elite League play offs in Sweden. It may not be in rule book but it is there am informed. Please accept it is correct and move on.

If not mistaken same happened at Sheffield last Thursday and that result has not changed.

Edited by Catch Me If You Can

If we are talking about a Svemo agreement then what is the purpose of mentioning Polish play-offs ???

If we are talking about a Svemo agreement then what is the purpose of mentioning Polish play-offs ???

I think if re - read the post, you will see that I was commenting on Rule 18.1.2C, and nothing to do with the BSPA / SVEMO agreement.

I hope this helps.

It appears that Svemo and BSPA have a signed agreement for Premier League which allows facilities for rider in Allsvenkan and Elite League play offs in Sweden. It may not be in rule book but it is there am informed. Please accept it is correct and move on.

If not mistaken same happened at Sheffield last Thursday and that result has not changed.

I'm not doubting that this may be in place, but it's still rather poor that it hasn't been written into the rule book. It would save any confusion arising.

Edited by Pere Ubon