British Speedway Forum
PremierRebel

Somerset Rebels V Sheffield Tigers Pl 7/9/2012

Our top 5 only dropped 2 points.. Doesn't get much better than that. Out classed Sheffield completely. Alex was on fire just in time for the Play Offs!

Our top 5 only dropped 2 points.. Doesn't get much better than that. Out classed Sheffield completely. Alex was on fire just in time for the Play Offs!

Yep great result for the Rebels tonight. Certainly helps the points difference. Another win like that next friday would be greatfully accepted im sure.

Somerset v Sheffield Photo's

http://ihitchcock.ze...set_v_sheffield

Slideshow

http://ihitchcock.ze...field/slideshow

Nice to touch base with Denis (Denis99);

Great to see old memories stirred when he got to see the old Wasp's water bowser (still in its original colours) and the old Wasp's tractor.

Great performace from all the Rebels especially Alex's paid Max

Edited by idh

As predicted the toothless Tigers were completely mauled. Great to see Alex step up just in time for the play offs. Some good racing despite the one sided scoreline.

• Like 1

Thanks to Ez and his team track back to it's best this week, and as often happens the scoreline did not reflect the quality of the racing, passing inside and out, and that line from the second bend along the back straight fence was back and often used by Rebels. Alex on fire and the fastest I have ever seen him, lightening starts and well clear in most races, awarded rider of the night in front of his dad. Highlights were Jesper's passing efforts from the back and James passing the two Sheffield riders from 15 metres, unfortunately Kyle suffering from ignition problems. I thought the Tigers would have performed better especially as they had just had a good win against Newcastle. Josef Franc particularly poor and strange decision to do your first tactical in a race which included Doyle. Only Skidmore and Haines deserved any credit, great to see Joe in such good form after all his career injuries. Brent Werner interviewed in the bar by the mad Aussie, and fortunately not making another come back. Had the burger and chips as pastie still crossed out on menu board, however when I asked are pastie's coming back? the reply was, "we have them", I replied you won't sell many if it's crossed off the menu. very strange?

Edited by oldtimer

Thanks to Ez and his team track back to it's best this week,

So, its taken Ez all season to get the track back to how he wants it. No suprise really. There's an old saying, if you have good staff you keep them, your only as good as your staff. And without the likes of Ez, speedway would not run

So, its taken Ez all season to get the track back to how he wants it. No suprise really. There's an old saying, if you have good staff you keep them, your only as good as your staff. And without the likes of Ez, speedway would not run

No, I think what OT was referring to is fact that track was unusually slick the previous week, so that it was back to its best this week following that...the track has more often than not been excellent right from start of the season.

As to keeping good staff when you have them.......your P45 on its way then??? :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks Statman, yes that's what I meant, compared to previous week. Track has been excellent this year considering the appalling weather, and Oak Tree remains the best track in the League.

You really are a prize plonker

That made me LOL :D

Oak Tree remains the best track in the League.

Thanks idh for an entertaining evening.

Good to see the ex Wasp riders doing so well for you as well.

Don't get to see that much speedway these days with the demise of Newport (I live near Swansea, so Somerset is a 200 mile round trip).

Somerset have a great racing track this year - the Tigers were really poor opposition - oddly enough the only other track I've visited this year was Sheffield when they raced Somerset.

Got to say, Sheffield is probably the best race track in the UK - wish I lived nearer , even with a poor Tigers team this year.

I'm sure the Tigers will regroup next season with a more competitive team.

Rebels look very strong 1 to 5 - will take some beating this season.

Got to say, Sheffield is probably the best race track in the UK