Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Time For A Rethink In Rolling Averages?

The current 38 match set up is too large and also has a skewed mix of matches given the difference in League Cup group sizes.

KOC matches are rightly excluded as all clubs will not ride each other.

Yet the southern teams only ride 4 of the

other 12 clubs and cannot reach 38 matches and so will have to carry forward 2011 meetings.

I would propose a reduction to 24 meetings and the use of League matches only for the 2013 start averages.

I think that all competitive matches should count towards the averages as you are still riding against a premier league team. It's like in the elite league I'm sure play-off meetings don't count towards the riders averages. Why not?

dont think the rolling averages are a good thing as they are but it works for some and goes against others

i think the reason the play offs dont count is because its classed as a little unfair that not all riders are taking part yet again theres winners and loosers in this

the reason behind rolling averages is i believe it makes it harder for riders to manipulate there average

I think they work ok,a rider should be judged on his season performance i think ,not 12 meetings like before,being at 36 is a good reflection on a rider i think

i think the reason the play offs dont count is because its classed as a little unfair that not all riders are taking part yet again theres winners and loosers in this

Hence my point about not using League Cup matches.

The point from Bash re using ALL competitive has some merit - why exclude those in the KOC and not the League Cup.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Agreed. 38 matches is too many - takes too long for averages to fall in line with a rider's current ability, which is surely the point of them. But you need enough meetings to avoid distortion or manipulation through a brief spell of poor scores, for whatever reason?! 24 meetings seems about right IMO. And I don't see any reason why all competitive matches shouldn't count towards them.

• Like 2

Disagree on change. While there will always be a case to moan "it ain't fair to us" in any system, rolling averages are the single best thing to arrive in UK speedway for years.

At a stroke, they have ensured the abysmal malpractice of June 4th, 2010 will not be repeated.

Disagree on change. While there will always be a case to moan "it ain't fair to us" in any system, rolling averages are the single best thing to arrive in UK speedway for years.

At a stroke, they have ensured the abysmal malpractice of June 4th, 2010 will not be repeated.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh dear the let's drag this up brigade have now manifested beyond the usual suspect's now, surely something more interesting has happened since then (or maybe not) seems everyone and there granny are experts on what happened or didn't and they are all in the know.

Oh, it happened all right.

Why were you there

Yes. Were you?

Yes but for the Life off me i cannot understand why this keep's getting brought up yes it was embarrassing especially for us but it was over 2 years ago now, it really does get very very tiresome reading the same old same old,,

I am sure nobody else has tried to manipulate the rules before or since then just big old bad Glasgow to be fair the stink that got kicked up about then was justified but do we need to keep harping on about it it does get rather boring.

Yes but for the Life off me i cannot understand why this keep's getting brought up yes it was embarrassing especially for us but it was over 2 years ago now, it really does get very very tiresome reading the same old same old,,

tbf, it's brought up as it's a good example of why we have rolling averages.

I think 25ish meetings is about right, give or take a couple of meetings. I'd also have a 2 year/24 month cut off too.