British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Ipswich V Newcastle Premier League Thurs 13 September 2012

Here we go with another thread. The Witches v Diamonds.

Last time out the home side tracked

1. Leigh Lanham

2. Dakota North

3. Taylor Poole

4. Morten Risager

5. Rohan Tungate

6. Mathieu Tresarrieu

7. ?????Stefan Nielsen (G)

Newcastle are likely to go with

1. Stuart Robson

2. Richie Worrall R/R

3. Mark Lemon

4. Christian Henry

5. ????? Ludvig Lindgren may be missing elswhere

6. ????? Paul Starke

7. Claes Nedermark

We at Newcastle remember Dak North and will be happy for him to top score against us as long as we get at least a point from the match. Ipswich are a good side and I hope the Diamonds entertain the home crowd. Now I always say Newcastle to win 50-40 but I feel Ipswich will win the match with Newcastle picking up a point.

Can anyone confirm the riders I have marked ?????

WQish I could be there but a mid week match with so many miles away. I will watch this one on our updates site

Match will depend on Nedermark. He should be filling his bank account from reserve.

R/R for Ludvig and Michael Palm Toft guests for Richie (source George English after match interview for the Newcastle vs Plymouth DVD!).

(I also THINK he said Paul Starke again deputises for Steve)!

Well done Abbott. So We have a guest for Richie after his rides have recently been taken by R/R. Can you say why we are now allowed a guest? Why wasn't it a guest for Ludvig and R/R for Richie. I used to understand the rules a few years back but not any more :neutral:

So Newcastle now look like: -

1. Stuart Robson

2. Michael Palm Toft (Guest)

3. Mark Lemon

4. Christian Henry

5. R/R Ludvig Lindgren

6. ????? Paul Starke

7. Claes Nedermark

I know Michael gets amonst the points so he could be a good guest. Dunno how he goes at Ipswich. We still need to know if it will be Paul at number 6.

With a guest in the side it is always difficult to forecast a result but maybe Micheal will be better than 2 rides to Paul Starke for rider replacement and with Ludvig having a better average it should mean Christian and Lemo are able to take R/R rides for Ludvig.

I know it won't be Nielsen at reserve for Ipswich. Both he and Jacobs (who would be next in line, I assume) are at Sheffield for the Under-19 Final.

• Like 1

Well done Abbott. So We have a guest for Richie after his rides have recently been taken by R/R. Can you say why we are now allowed a guest? Why wasn't it a guest for Ludvig and R/R for Richie. I used to understand the rules a few years back but not any more :neutral:

So Newcastle now look like: -

1. Stuart Robson

2. Michael Palm Toft (Guest)

3. Mark Lemon

4. Christian Henry

5. R/R Ludvig Lindgren

6. ????? Paul Starke

7. Claes Nedermark

I know Michael gets amonst the points so he could be a good guest. Dunno how he goes at Ipswich. We still need to know if it will be Paul at number 6.

With a guest in the side it is always difficult to forecast a result but maybe Micheal will be better than 2 rides to Paul Starke for rider replacement and with Ludvig having a better average it should mean Christian and Lemo are able to take R/R rides for Ludvig.

If you have two (or more) out, then you have the choice of which you use R/R for and which you bring in a guest for. I guess the way of thinking is we are better off using R/R for Ludvig, which means Lemo can take an R/R ride, as well as Palm Toft, Christian and the two reserves.

Newcastle look to have very good top end strength and a good reserve in Nedermark and with the Witches having nothing to ride for in the league now and with no top end strength at all and god knows who at reserve this looks to be a banana skin for the Witches. The season is just petering out as usual in the league and more or less finishes with this meeting such a shame as a little jiggling about and bringing in a new rider or two (Sam Masters for one) could and would have made all the difference.

Newcastle look to have very good top end strength and a good reserve in Nedermark and with the Witches having nothing to ride for in the league now and with no top end strength at all and god knows who at reserve this looks to be a banana skin for the Witches. The season is just petering out as usual in the league and more or less finishes with this meeting such a shame as a little jiggling about and bringing in a new rider or two (Sam Masters for one) could and would have made all the difference.

HOw do you no they havnt tried to bring Sam Masters in but due to Work permit issues he now cant D.U??

HOw do you no they havnt tried to bring Sam Masters in but due to Work permit issues he now cant D.U??

Added to this, Masters average is 7.43 and Witches combined average is 42.64, so to bring Masters in, you would have to take at least 2 out and bring him plus 1 other in AND still fit in to 42.50. I think you can only replace like for like, so that pretty much rules that out as a non-starter.

Newcastle haven't really had top end strength away from home. Lemo and to a lesser extent Robbo have been fairly poor away from Brough this year, it's been the second strings and reserves that have been our strength on the road but the injuries to the Worrall's has put a big hole in that.

Ipswich should win this comfortably unless Ned has a blinder at reserve. He was fairly poor at Sheffield & Berwick.

There is nothing to suggest that they have. I fail to see how his GBE would be invalidated!!

Added to this, Masters average is 7.43 and Witches combined average is 42.64, so to bring Masters in, you would have to take at least 2 out and bring him plus 1 other in AND still fit in to 42.50. I think you can only replace like for like, so that pretty much rules that out as a non-starter.

Prior to the last set of published GSAs, could have replaced Young Poole and Tres with Masters and Jerran Hart. Now if they wanted to take this action now, they would need to add Masters and a three pointer, eg the boy Nielsen.

Very marginal indeed, as Masters is a shadow of the rider he was last season, and any gain you make at the top end you would certainly sacrifice at reserve. For me the only positive in making this move would be, that it would enable a PL guest to be nominated for the boy Heeps, whilst he is injured.

As we can use Lemo, Palm Toft, Henry and Nedermark to cover R/R for Lindgren. It could just mean extra points for us. Ludvig is very good at home 15 point max last two meetings but he is a bit up and down in away matches. I will do my usual forecast for away matches Newcastle to win 50-40 :party: but a point will do. Look out witches we are coming to burn you at the stake.

As always I hope the Diamonds are good value for money and entertain the Ipswich crowd look out for reserve Ned. He will either score nowt or hit double figures from reserve berth

So what are you saying we do nothing and let the season just jog along and finish nowhere? We all know this is what happens every season but why not try something to just try and change things around. If that means 2 or 3 riders are let go so be it after all theres nothing to lose is there?

I am expecting a close and exciting meeting with the Witches to win 48 - 42.

There is nothing to suggest that they have. I fail to see how his GBE would be invalidated!!

Why he not doubling up then Don??,......was on twitter over a week ago!!!!keep up as you often say