British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Ipswich V Newcastle Premier League Thurs 13 September 2012

And if you look part of my post said we are still in a play off place (That's in the league is it not?)

So in answer to your question, it's still you! :party::t::icon_smile_clown:

You totally choose to ignore reality as usual :oops: as its hypothetical that the Witches are in a play off position with only 2 meetings left!!! As the team below them have 5 meetings left and are only 1 point behind and its plainly obvious to a realist like myself which you obviously are not :icon_smile_clown: that the Witches will be overtaken and finish either 7th or 8th :t:

How is the weather around Ipswich. We can all do without a rain off in the closing stages of the season. I wish I was gonna be there but its to far for mid week. I hope its a good meeting with close racing as long as the Diamonds get at least 1 point I will be happy although I expect us to win 50-40, well one day we will win away by that score :t:

How is the weather around Ipswich. We can all do without a rain off in the closing stages of the season. I wish I was gonna be there but its to far for mid week. I hope its a good meeting with close racing as long as the Diamonds get at least 1 point I will be happy although I expect us to win 50-40, well one day we will win away by that score :t:

Its a lovely day here in Suffolk with lots of sun and a pleasant breeze, so it all looks ok for tonight. Should be a good meeting lets hope the track is prepared for exciting racing, think it will be close. Byron Bekker for a guest tonight is a strange choice cannot remember him ever winning any races at Foxhall or scoring well :blink:

Edited by aljack

Its a lovely day here in Suffolk with lots of sun and a pleasant breeze, so it all looks ok for tonight. Should be a good meeting lets hope the track is prepared for exciting racing, think it will be close. Byron Bekker for a guest tonight is a strange choice cannot remember him ever winning any races at Foxhall or scoring well :blink:

Would you care to give us a list of riders that are available tonight, that have won races (or even scored decently) around Foxhall. Cant think of any myself.

Would you care to give us a list of riders that are available tonight, that have won races (or even scored decently) around Foxhall. Cant think of any myself.

Thats louis job not mine!

Why would it be Louis' job? Afterall he is only the promoter not the team manager! :approve:

But hey suppose its something that you answered a question for once! But you said "Byron Bekker for a guest tonight is a strange choice" why is he a strange choice, who would you have picked that would not have been strange? Just to help matters there are 8 NL teams, so 56 riders to choose from..... :lol:

secret text here .....

Danny Phillips, Connor Coles, Ben Morley, Tom Stokes, Dan Greenwood, Joe Jacobs, Oliver Greenwood, Stefan Nielsen, Darryl Ritchings, James Sarjeant, Michael Neale, Conor Dwyer, Liam Carr, Ashley Morris, Tom Perry, Max Clegg. Reserves: Tom Woolley, Adam Kirby.are all riding tonight!

Time for some maths......

So of the 56 riders that have team places 14 riders are not allowed to guest, 1 of those is Heeps, 1 is Steve Worral. 56- 14 = 42

18 are riding at Sheffield 42-18 = 24, Paul Starke is guesting for Newcastle

5 at Sheffield havent got a PL place which leaves the following 30 riders:

2 Rob Branford 7.54

3 Adam McKinna 6.44

4 Luke Priest 5.64

4 Byron Bekker 7.35

5 Dean Felton 5.56

6 Ryan Blacklock 3.36

7 Chris Widman 3.00

7 James White-Williams 4.70

1 Lewis Kerr 5.74

2 Ben Hopwood 6.72

2 Adam Lowe 5.62

3 Mark Baseby 5.67

3 Brendan Johnson 5.52

4 Steven Jones 5.33

4 Scott Campos 5.27

6 Danny Stoneman 3.00

6 Jake Knight 4.26

7 Ross Walter 3.00

7 Lewis Rose 3.00

8 Adam Ellis 3.00 8

4 Luke Chessell 5.33

5 Daniel Halsey 6.28

5 Shane Hazelden 4.69

6 Aaron Baseby 5.26

7 Ryan Dailey 3.00

7 Brad Tokley 3.00

2 Ben Reade 8.14

4 Tom Young 6.44

5 Richard Andrews 3.41

7 Liam Rumsey 3.00

So is Byron Bekker a strange choice now? :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

But only sad little trolls make a statement then cant back it up. But keep on slagging off Chris, this unmoderated forum must be brilliant for trolls like you.

• Like 1

You totally choose to ignore reality as usual :oops: as its hypothetical that the Witches are in a play off position with only 2 meetings left!!! As the team below them have 5 meetings left and are only 1 point behind and its plainly obvious to a realist like myself which you obviously are not :icon_smile_clown: that the Witches will be overtaken and finish either 7th or 8th :t:

For someone who claims to a a "realist" you seem to ignore a lot of facts!!

We are currently in a play off place: Fact

Edinburgh may have more meetings remaining than us, with all of them at the mercy of the Autumnal weather gods there is no guarantee that they will get any or all of them in: Fact

If they do get some / all of their meetings done there is no guarentee that they will get the necessary points to overtake us before the cut off: Fact

It looks to be in their favour I'll give you that, but at present we are in the play offs and they are not: Fact

We have two league meetings left, one tonight against Newcastle and one away to Berwick, where we won earlier in the season by 22 points in the KO cup, a potential of 7 points for us: Fact

Edinburgh have to go to Newcastle where they lost by 19 in the PL cup earlier this season and away at Rye House where they were losing to the Rockets before rain abandonned the meeting: Fact

Yes they could still lose both away fixtures and win their remaining three home ones and even with us taking maximum points against Newcastle and Berwick they would still pip us by one point, but what if one of those home meetings is rained off? What if two (which will actually be all three thanks to the double header tomorrow night v Rye House and Glasgow) are rained off?

Is our Premier League season over? Not if you look at the FACTS

But as you claim to support Ipswich I'm surprised at your rather anti-Ipswich stance for us reaching the play offs? Unless of course you don't support the team with the Witches on their kevlars?

P.S. Clowns are considered entertainers, they very very rarely portrait factual events in their performance, they are also well know for being very sad and lonely individuals if you care to read about the origins of comedy (as I have) - So the "clown" moniker seems to suit you perfectly!

:icon_smile_clown:

Guess you have nothing better to do :rofl:

Proving you to be a fool is a very worthwhile use of time.

Well done MrBeerhut!!

• Like 2

FEMALE REFS SHOULD BE BANNED !!!!!

SHE IS BLOODY USELESS !!!!!

Nedermark bailed out on his own in heat 14 , noone around him and should have been excluded !!! Words fail me , for Christ sake every time she refs here she cocks up !!!

FEMALE REFS SHOULD BE BANNED !!!!!

SHE IS BLOODY USELESS !!!!!

Nedermark bailed out on his own in heat 14 , noone around him and should have been excluded !!! Words fail me , for Christ sake every time she refs here she cocks up !!!

Not forgeting she put them on 2 mins with him still stuck under the airfence!!!

Does this prove she wasnt watching?

Not a bad point but looks like it should have been more....robbo in heat 15??? Having scored half the points Christian had....baffling....but least we got bk to the top :)

Has it ever happened where Someone has not put either of their 2 top scorers in heat 15?? Oh dear.

Edited by Arson fire

Not a bad point but looks like it should have been more....robbo in heat 15??? Having scored half the points Christian had....baffling....but least we got bk to the top :)

Quite agree, for me this was a disappointing result. How many times this year have we lost meetings after being in the lead, and once by 10 points, and still lost. Christian, if his bike was OK, had to be in heat 15. Robbo did not seem like being at the races and even Ned might have been a possibility, assuming he was OK after his heat 14 tumble. The one point was my least expectations, especially with Poole failing to score for Ippy.

The one point will be a cushion and, if we don't get 6 points from Edinburgh and Plymouth away, could give us a better position on first picks for the playoffs.

Has it ever happened where Someone has not put either of their 2 top scorers in heat 15?? Oh dear.

Was watching on updates and could not understand why Christian was not in heat 15, did George drop the ball? Good point though.

Quite agree, for me this was a disappointing result. How many times this year have we lost meetings after being in the lead, and once by 10 points, and still lost. Christian, if his bike was OK, had to be in heat 15. Robbo did not seem like being at the races and even Ned might have been a possibility, assuming he was OK after his heat 14 tumble. The one point was my least expectations, especially with Poole failing to score for Ippy.

The one point will be a cushion and, if we don't get 6 points from Edinburgh and Plymouth away, could give us a better position on first picks for the playoffs.

Still possible to finish top, but we don't do anything easy do we ha.