British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RebelRebel

Somerset Vs Workington Pl 14/09

Still sunny but windy at 5.15 about 2 miles from track. Come on!

Am I the only one who thinks the Comets will run us close?

Still sunny but windy at 5.15 about 2 miles from track. Come on!

Am I the only one who thinks the Comets will run us close?

Here's hoping. :P

Thats not very nice, As i said im entitled to my opinion.

Sure you are, but it's the same inane one every time! 'You must take all 3 points . . blah, blah, blah.......

Edited by Barney Rebel

Great result for the Rebels last night. Very impressed with Alex Davies performance showed plenty of agression off the start and plenty of speed. Starting to show the sort of form that persuaded the somerset promotion to buy his contract from Newport.

Good performance from Kyle Newman also, showed a lot more agression off the start into turn one, but still has the odd rush of blood to the head, sometimes needs to realise there's four laps to a race. Both lads are coming on well, but although both lads would be capable of steping up to the EL i feel both would benifit from another year at Somerset in the PL.

Very suprised the way Worky just rolled over, but 3 good points for the Rebels and a little help on the points difference front. Thery now have to wait and see where it takes them.

Have to say didn't expect too much from Worky before the match started but we went away, Worky really had the stuffing knocked out of them Tero into the fence in heat 5 and withdrawing meant that the R/R rides were left to the two reserves, Johnson obviously not up to PL standard and Morris. Morris top scorer with Bach, 9+1 against 9. Engine failure for Bach when on a six point win, Lawson puncture when on a six pointer.

Newman knocked off Morris in heat 2, it seemed he had the speed whereas Morris slowed down in the corner- clash, Newman rightly excluded, perhaps he should have chosen a different line but he didn't, easy with hindsight.

The big problem with last night was the time to run it, 2hr 20 min for 15 minutes of racing! Thankfully we didn't have an interval but where was the interest in speeding things along? So many people complaining, aside from the delays for injuries, lack of prompt two minutes, riders taking the pi** at the start with all this getting ready, what happended to respect for the start marshall not that he showed much interest in sorting the riders out.

Needs to be far slicker in my opinion, and they wonder why crowds go down! Oh the racing, some top drawer passes on the outside, not too bad a meeting racing wise but ruined by being so drawn out.

• Like 1

Starshooter, there are many fans who come to somerset to watch decent racing on a super little track who don't actually support the club. I do this fairly regular. I just want to see great racing. Doyley being there is an added attraction for me being a swindon fan.

Starshooter, there are many fans who come to somerset to watch decent racing on a super little track who don't actually support the club. I do this fairly regular. I just want to see great racing. Doyley being there is an added attraction for me being a swindon fan.

I totally accept that but what gets me is the fact that he posts the same old drivel every time about the need to get all three points etc. Etc

I truly hope that all people who come to Somerset enjoy the fantastic speedway that we get every week,

I used to go to Swindon back in the Martin & David Ashby days when I was stationed at RAF Lyneham I even bought my first bike from Micky Keen when he had a garage at Minety I also remember an american rider called Sumner McKnight must have been about 1972 or 1973

Happy days

Edited by starshooter

I totally accept that but what gets me is the fact that he posts the same old drivel every time about the need to get all three points etc. Etc

I truly hope that all people who come to Somerset enjoy the fantastic speedway that we get every week,

I used to go to Swindon back in the Martin & David Ashby days when I was stationed at RAF Lyneham I even bought my first bike from Micky Keen when he had a garage at Minety I also remember an american rider called Sumner McKnight must have been about 1972 or 1973

Happy days

But tell me if im wrong. Didn't Somerset need to get all 3 points on friday? And If they was in the position to give Worky a Tonking wouldn't it have helped their cause points difference wise as to where they finish in the table, as the others have meetings in hand, and it well may go down to points difference as to where they finish? No? And yes i can also go back to the days of Martin Ashby Barry Briggs, but you still sound older than me!!

Edited by Starman2006

But tell me if im wrong. Didn't Somerset need to get all 3 points on friday? And If they was in the position to give Worky a Tonking wouldn't it have helped their cause points difference wise as to where they finish in the table, as the others have meetings in hand, and it well may go down to points difference as to where they finish? No? And yes i can also go back to the days of Martin Ashby Barry Briggs, but you still sound older than me!!

I am

• Like 1

I am

:D

Martin ashby still stands on the blunsdon terraces every week. Him and leigh adams were the best at passing riders at swindon. Chris harris is the best as a visiting rider. Saw alex davies make some superb passes at the oak tree arena last year. Gathercole was pretty good from the back too.

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm the result of heat 6 from a programme please?