British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Plymouth V Berwick... 14th September

If they don't ride then BSPA will ban them for withholding services ala Nicki Glanz... Oh. And Bowden did address fans by thanking the referee for a swift moving meeting... No thanks to that rat Bowden though! Sooner he pees off away from this sport the better! Plymouth fans deserve so much more then that.

Gossip is one rider is owed 6K and there are more bouncing cheques than than on a kids birthday party bouncy castle in Prague

My gossip is £18K between two riders.

That does seem a little strange, especially.if one rider is due 6k! He cant have.paid for weeks. But I assume that if they refuse to ride they wont get. paid what they are due. Did Mike Bowden address the fans?

Nope, he said nothing about the situation. Nicki Glanz has tweeted that his cheque bounced

A solom start too te meeting last night. It seemed to lack atmosphere until james got the heat win over ricky. then it all seemed to change. i don't suppose all the hassle before the meeting started. Bowden was trying to get the boys geed up too win the meeting ans try and get a good result next week against newcastl, so there was more racing at the sba this season. i don't know why because he can't afford to pay them this week never mind another 6 or so meeting on top. i am with all the others can't wait until he sells the club and leaves. i cannot see how the speedway board can give him a license next season after all the hassle this year. i thank him for bringing speedway back to plymouth, but it is now time to go.

and maybe thats why ben barker is no longer captain

According to one rider the BSPA are fully aware of the situation and it is reported to them every week therefore if the riders refuse to ride they should NOT be banned for with holding and Bowden should not be granted the use of guests etc. The BSPA should be on the side of the riders in this case and the riders need to elect a spokes person to act for themand the SRA need to get involved to protect the Plymouth riders now and all other riders in the future

Pretty ordinary affair,to be honest. Nothing to set the pulses racing.Not up to the normal standard.

Hts 13 and 15 were excellent though.

Didnt get there until the riders were coming out for Ht1,so missed all the shenanigins.

Matt Ford didnt look too amused about the situation when I saw him.(I presume he was there as a BSPA rep?)

Bowden,for the first time actually sounded quite subdued on the mic.Maybe the realisation of his actions have finally sunk home? Wont hold my breath though.

Holder and Kurtz actually put in a decent effort for once.Maybe it was because Chris Holder was in the pits? Shame they couldnt do it all season.

Hopefully just one more meeting with that buffoon Bowden in charge.

Holder has been rubbish all season but think you will find Kurtz hasnt done a bad job... Granted he has been poor away on times but his home average from the difficult number 2 position is probably about 6??

Surely 2012 will be the last of Bowden involved in speedway?

Unless I'm missing something Nicki Glanz hasn't been banned for 28 days and still named in the Plymouth 1-7 yet refuses to ride due to a pay dispute. IF I'm right and he hasn't been banned you have to ask yourself why not? Maybe the BSPA know something we don't.

I'm hearing that had it not been for the Plymouth Team Manager the riders would've walked so firstly a big well done to him and fair play to the riders.

I hope the BSPA do the right thing and ban Bowden from promoting and give his PL holding fee out to the riders for all their bounced cheques. Then we'll see who's had the last laugh!

Unless I'm missing something Nicki Glanz hasn't been banned for 28 days and still named in the Plymouth 1-7 yet refuses to ride due to a pay dispute. IF I'm right and he hasn't been banned you have to ask yourself why not? Maybe the BSPA know something we don't.

I'm hearing that had it not been for the Plymouth Team Manager the riders would've walked so firstly a big well done to him and fair play to the riders.

I hope the BSPA do the right thing and ban Bowden from promoting and give his PL holding fee out to the riders for all their bounced cheques. Then we'll see who's had the last laugh!

Bowden is just a rogue considering Plymouth crowds seem to be OK .You have to ask why riders dont stick together on money issues ,if they did this situation might not get so out of hand.The Glanz situation must have been known by his team mates but they just chose to ignore instead of supporting him .

Bowden is just a rogue considering Plymouth crowds seem to be OK .You have to ask why riders dont stick together on money issues ,if they did this situation might not get so out of hand.The Glanz situation must have been known by his team mates but they just chose to ignore instead of supporting him .

thats rubbish-all the Plymouth riders are in the same boat-and the BSPA have a history of banning riders before promoters.

thats rubbish-all the Plymouth riders are in the same boat-and the BSPA have a history of banning riders before promoters.

Well if that is the case the others riders deserve all lthey get.MikeyT says Glanz is not banned, do you know otherwise.

Well if that is the case the others riders deserve all lthey get.MikeyT says Glanz is not banned, do you know otherwise.

persumably he`s just decided not to come from Denmark to work and not get paid for it.

persumably he`s just decided not to come from Denmark to work and not get paid for it.

Plus the fact that he is owed money or have you forgot about that. :blink:

So why exactly are the riders turning up every week is they arnt getting paid?? ....I certainly wouldn't!!.....line Bowdens pockets week after week for nowt?? No thanks...you can sit in the house and earn nowt.

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1