British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
25yearfan

Dudley Heathens To Go Premier League?

Adam Roynons comments in this weeks speedway star hints that possibly Dudleys management are giving serious consideration towards going Premier League?

Obviously their crowd levels would comfortably sustain 2nd tier level racing but haven't the management already publicly stated that the limitations at their current Monmore Green base makes this unviable?

Or maybe they'll have their own home soon?

Intriguing!

Adam Roynons comments in this weeks speedway star hints that possibly Dudleys management are giving serious consideration towards going Premier League?

Obviously their crowd levels would comfortably sustain 2nd tier level racing but haven't the management already publicly stated that the limitations at their current Monmore Green base makes this unviable?

Intriguing!

He said he would love to ride for them if they went PL thats doesn't indicate anything apart from he cant ride for them in the NL anymore and would like them to go PL nothing more nothing less I would imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats how rumours start

Where?

He said he would love to ride for them if they went PL thats doesn't indicate anything apart from he cant ride for them in the NL anymore and would like them to go PL nothing more nothing less I would imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats how rumours start

To be fair, I wouldn't class the opening post as being worthy of "rumour" starter.... Cue the next "Why won't the BSPA listen to the fans" cobblers.....

Nigel Pearson said recently on Radio WM, that nothing has been ruled out for 2013, and discussions will take place, at the end of the season, but we must remember whilst the 16 meetings per season is in place, only the NL can accomodate us.

With regards a new home of our own, there seems to be two offers of land from landowners, now wether or not they are suitable to gain PP remains to be seen, however it seems to me to be to late to firstly conclude any sort of agreement with these landowners, in time to go through the various hoops Councils require to obtain planning permission in time for the 2013 season.

Or maybe they'll have their own home soon

will the current crowd still be there if the admission rises £5 to £15, at the moment £10 is good value and but is £15 value for premier ?or even for elite ?

I think it would be great for the Heathens to move up to the Premier League, you only have to look at the support they have to realise the National League is not the right league for them. I really hope they get a stadium of their own as its what they deserve and once they do, a move up to the El with big derbies against Wolves should be the aim. A move up to the PL would act as a stepping stone and it would help them to build up their asset base in preparation for it. This all would be subject to Dudley Council giving the go-ahead for a new stadium.

The only thing which is stopping them moving upto the Premier League seems to be stadium availability of Monmore for a full PL fixture list. Perhaps with discussions with CVS and the stadium owners, a solution could be found?

To be honest, i dont see why a solution to Stadium availability cannot be found, Ladbrokes the owners of Monmore Wood would not only receive more regular rental income, but also the added benefit of additional Bar and Fast food takings, the only possible drawback to this, is would Wolves possibly lose some of their support, if some supporters had to choose between say an unattractive Home meeting against maybe Belle Vue, or the following night watch say The Heathens V Workington/Somerset or a PL big gun ?.

Also in my Opinion a switch to a Sunday raceday would be far more attractive, than a midweek evening meeting, and would attract more away supporters, but i can assure everyone out there, most Heathens fans want to see PL racing, probably more so than want to see EL racing.

will the current crowd still be there if the admission rises £5 to £15, at the moment £10 is good value and but is £15 value for premier ?or even for elite ?

Good value ? at £10 quid it is tremendous Value, a season ticket costs £100 or £110 now i think it went up last season, so £15 in these hard times is a big jump, some fans would probably pick & choose which meetings they watched.

welcome to the pl in 2013. hope there is enough riders to go around next year.