British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick Bandits 2013

I can see you point of view Teal.

I think this is one season where we are seeing a team full of familiar faces, and yes not the excitement of the unknown rider who could be the next best thing.

This is a very carefully put together team, though, and I am sure they will provide plenty of excitement.

Kozza and Bellego in particular!

• Like 1

Happy with the team,hopefully lady luck will shine on us during the winter and this will be the team come next March.

Glad we didnt go with Albin,nothing against the kid but I dont think it was the time to take a gamble,much better to sign a team where you know what you will get and I think we have that.

Anyone else find this team solid, but a little bit boring??

No :blink:

• Like 2

I can see you point of view Teal.

I think this is one season where we are seeing a team full of familiar faces, and yes not the excitement of the unknown rider who could be the next best thing.

This is a very carefully put together team, though, and I am sure they will provide plenty of excitement.

Kozza and Bellego in particular!

I agree with you :) at least one person sees where I'm coming from

What did Aspegren average for Berwick?

6.40 is taking on his Newport form I take it?

Aren't many 6.40 men turning in performances like he was.

Aspegren is a cracking signing on 6.40.

Berwick look good...I would question the reserves though.

Many have called them essential signings, I am not sure. They both have averages they have acheived over plenty of meetings, so being classed as bargain averaged riders isnt quite true.

Still, should be well off the bottom injuries permitting.

If Sky are showing PL meetings next season Somerset v Berwick, in theory could be a belter, Berwick nearly have more Somerset tracks experts than the home side do.

• Like 1

Many have called them essential signings, I am not sure. They both have averages they have acheived over plenty of meetings, so being classed as bargain averaged riders isnt quite true.

I disagree with your comment about both have averages over many meetings. Barret only done about enough meetings to get an ave so I think there is loads to come from him, looks very promising. Edberg on the other hand has been very unlucky with injuries. Will be a big scorer at Berwick but I think will struggle away from home.

Berwick have got the team building spot on this year.

Admittedly we dont have a Clews or a Complin, but a Berwick team with Lee Complin and Seb Alden in again would probably be near the bottom of the league and out of buisness.

I've been critical in the past but I do hope big crowds return and Shielfield is packed out it will help the the owners financially, the atmosphere on Saturday but most importantly the riders who make it happen.

Slightly off thread but in line with Secrecy i know tonights 7 lottery numbers but im not telling cos i dont want to share :P

• Like 3

Aspegrens average is over many meetings?? 6.4 is about right for him??

7.5 for Berwick over 25 meeting according to the speedway star.

• Like 1

Aspegrens average is over many meetings?? 6.4 is about right for him??

I think he is capable of slightly higher with an injury free run maybe closer to 7.5? Rolling averages will slow a riders true average down.We have Richie who will start on a cracking false average.

Cant see why anyone not happy with the team for 2013. My opinion is strong heat leader 2 strong reserves and rest of team solid. Would hope for a good response from fans and decent attendances . Plus better weather . Lol

• Like 2

Dyer isn't a Berwick asset, loan fee saved better spent on Wethers or Robin? Is IMO, Alex, Nicki and David are club assets and have it in them to better their average.

Dyer rode well for Berwick, should be applauded for that, wish him well.

Edited by wjm
  • Like 4