British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick Bandits 2013

I don't mind dick Barrie at all!

My concerns lie with the overall presentation of speedway

• Like 3

With the music played over the Tannoy during meetings, it doesn't really matter if it is old 60/70's or current hit parade. In both cases it is going to turn someone off. It needs to be upbeat and appropriate to who is riding and the racing that night. At Newcastle, although I think there is too much old stuff for our meetings, Lawrence H has the knack of putting something appropriate on, especially when something unusual has taken place. Sometimes fans don't notice it, and miss the relevance of it and that includes me at times. The daughta's usually tell me after the meeting, so the change in music is noticed.

Even other sports like Ice Hockey have standard music for incidents on the ice, and it's often old stuff such as Blur and that is mid 90's.

I thoroughly agree Tsunami. Lawrence often drops some very witty wee tunes in, but I think it washes past many.

I'm not sure the music argument is that relevant as most PA systems are pretty ropey, and that is where there needs to be an improvement: if the fans are going there for the music...

I do understand the main reason for going to watch speedway is actually to watch racing, however, people who are new to the sport will more than likely want more than just racing if there to come back, it needs to be an all round positive experience.

Furthermore I dunno if it's been discussed on here about nights last season when discounted prices, or kids go free, whatever it was, the track was absolutely shocking, slick, sparks flying on the bends! No grip for passing, in my opinion that track should of been in A1 condition to allow for spectacular racing, instead it ended up looking like the A1! This is not gonna make those newcomers come back!!!!!

Seems the basic's are being overlooked!

Ermmm, Plymouth meeting on the Wednesday night. Was a cracker with plenty of muck.

Not entirely disagreeing with you, just balancing up the point, a bit.

I do understand the main reason for going to watch speedway is actually to watch racing, however, people who are new to the sport will more than likely want more than just racing if there to come back, it needs to be an all round positive experience.

Furthermore I dunno if it's been discussed on here about nights last season when discounted prices, or kids go free, whatever it was, the track was absolutely shocking, slick, sparks flying on the bends! No grip for passing, in my opinion that track should of been in A1 condition to allow for spectacular racing, instead it ended up looking like the A1! This is not gonna make those newcomers come back!!!!!

The saviour of Speedway has arrived !!!

Every track in the country, i an sure would love to speak to you as a person who knows everything about presentation and track preperation

The saviour of Speedway has arrived !!!

Every track in the country, i an sure would love to speak to you as a person who knows everything about presentation and track preperation

Good grief,Teal puts up a perfectly good arguement and thats the best you can do in terms of a response.

Aye I know everything about presentation - get a grip you sh*t stirrer!

Edited by Teal

Aye I know everything about presentation - get a grip you sh*t stirrer!

Tell us more please, what are you credentials ?

Nobody is stirring anything, i have been a supporter of Speedway in Berwick since day one, through our first stint at Shielfield to Berrington Lough and back to Shielfield,including our nomadic time at Barrow, I have through all that time given my services free of charge in helping in just about every aspect of running Speedway. I have seen first hand what it takes to put the show on. It must be the most thankless task in the world bearing in mind the people that do it give up hours and hours of their private / family time voluntarilly only for people to slag them off.

We have at Berwick probably the friendliest and most pro active and most approachable owners / management in the sport, So instead of moaning on an internet forum about these things, go and speak to any one of them and tell them your concerns or better still offer your advice and help or just talk to them and ask why things are done in a certain way.

They,more than anyone want Speedway and especialy Bewick Speedway to be succesful and survive well into the future, or they would not be there now

• Like 7

I have sent a letter detailing the flaws in presentations of the meeting, yet to receive any acknowledgment of letter so I dunno what more I can do???

I have sent a letter detailing the flaws in presentations of the meeting, yet to receive any acknowledgment of letter so I dunno what more I can do???

Who did you write to?

You still havn't said what your credentials are ! If this presentation is your fort'e then maybe you could help out. I don't think the Berwick owners are daft enough to think their product is perfect, sometimes when you are too closely involved with something you can't see the wood for the trees, they have never been shy to say they are open to any suggestions any body may have to improve their product, and indeed have acted on many during their reign.

Try calling any of them, if you need numbers i have most of them or e-mail the address is on the website

I've worked in media and marketing for 8 years, have a degree in media, marketing and tourism (2:1) not first class honours tho ;)

I've sent the letter, if nobody can be bothered to reply or even acknowledge then I feel I would be banging my head against a brick wall with any further correspondence

I've worked in media and marketing for 8 years, have a degree in media, marketing and tourism (2:1) not first class honours tho ;)

I've sent the letter, if nobody can be bothered to reply or even acknowledge then I feel I would be banging my head against a brick wall with any further correspondence

Who did you send the letter too ? I know them all, i could give them a nudge, maybe they didn't receive the letter ? Maybe they did reply but you didn't receive the letter, i'll say it again, they are willing to listen, you would in all honesty be better to speak to one of them as i feel with your background you could really help

I sent it via the contact page on the website, I do understand what your saying btw

Who is responsible for the media/marketing if the speedway?

Great :) thanking you x